Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That was fun to watch but the next 2 months are going to be painfully slow. I hope there are some major surprises on the way. Driver is great in his role - imagine if Hayden Christensen actually knew how to act. Jar Jar or not, he would have elevated the prequels. I think they have enough acting talent to hit home runs for episode 8 and 9, here's hoping.

The prequels had fantastic material to work with and just crapped all over it. HC was just one of many, many Jimbos.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I thought Ewan McGregor was pretty good as Obi Wan Kenobi, but he couldn't save those prequels. Natalie Portman is a very accomplished actress, but much of her dialogue was just painful. That was the script of course, not her. Jar Jar was an embarrassment. But the biggest problem of course was the horrendous bungling of the whole Anakin becoming Vader thing. Lucas had 30 years to work on it and that's what he came up with? A bit of mind games/trickery/manipulation, some misunderstandings and then a terrible scene that was unintentionally funny, looking like it was lifted from Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein? Most 12 year olds probably could've done better.

TFA was flawed but anything was better than the prequel trilogy. I rather enjoyed Rogue One. This newly released trailer looks very intriguing. Of all the new characters introduced Rey is by far and away the most interesting to me.

Reaction Score
6lzsdlmmawqz-691x1024.jpg
Is that 3PO with a gun?!?!?!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought Ewan McGregor was pretty good as Obi Wan Kenobi, but he couldn't save those prequels. Natalie Portman is a very accomplished actress, but much of her dialogue was just painful. That was the script of course, not her. Jar Jar was an embarrassment. But the biggest problem of course was the horrendous bungling of the whole Anakin becoming Vader thing. Lucas had 30 years to work on it and that's what he came up with? A bit of mind games/trickery/manipulation, some misunderstandings and then a terrible scene that was unintentionally funny, looking like it was lifted from Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein? Most 12 year olds probably could've done better.

TFA was flawed but anything was better than the prequel trilogy. I rather enjoyed Rogue One. This newly released trailer looks very intriguing. Of all the new characters introduced Rey is by far and away the most interesting to me.

McGregor was a fair choice I suppose, and Liam N. was good. Hard to live up to Sir Alec. Natalie Portman is an ok actress, and I thought she rocked the ripped white jumpsuit nicely (the other costuming was awful). But her lines...everybody's lines, were unbearable. Then there was the needless crap like the over-long Anakin pod-race, and Jar Jar. That was so miserable. The story of Anakin becoming Vader could have been epic and gripping, if they bothered to tell it, and had decent screenwriters and a good actor for Anakin. Such a massive fail.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was going to say "yeah right, Luke is the bad guy". Then I checked all the posters. Vader in back for 4, 5, 6, then either Darth Maul or the Emperor in 1, 2, 3 and Kylo Ren in 7. I wonder if they even thought about it or are just messing with us. Luke is clearly the big deal in this one.
FWIW, Luke's cloak folds mirror Vader's helmet almost exactly.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth, the big head in the background is typically reserved for the villain.
warsmay09.jpg
I mean they made it so obvious, you have to think they knew that people would make that connection. It’s too obvious.

#fakeforeshadowing

CL82

Reaction Score
I mean they made it so obvious, you have to think they knew that people would make that connection. It’s too obvious.

#fakeforeshadowing
th

[asthmatic breath] Or is it?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Cool, that was like getting the first shot from a bottle of Johnny Walker blue. Enjoyable, but there's plenty more where that came from.

On a side note, I watched it with my (almost) 4 and 6 y/o's. They made me replay the part with the Porg about 10 times and laughed hysterically throughout. Disney wins again.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Cool, that was like getting the first shot from a bottle of Johnny Walker blue. Enjoyable, but there's plenty more where that came from.

On a side note, I watched it with my (almost) 4 and 6 y/o's. They made me replay the part with the Porg about 10 times and laughed hysterically throughout. Disney wins again.

No problem with them throwing in something for the kids. But he better not have a Jar Jar Binks type role or I'm fighting somebody...

huskypantz

Reaction Score
No problem with them throwing in something for the kids. But he better not have a Jar Jar Binks type role or I'm fighting somebody...
My 4 y/o picked star wars for his birthday cupcakes (no paw patrol or blaze available) and eggo pancakes. He has never watched a movie or tv show. He's seen toys (but had none) and his dad's shirts. He knows "golden guy and robot" (C3PO and R2D2) and stormtrooper from the rings on the cupcakes. I'm psyched that he's taking an interest as I was basically obsessed with it until high school.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Another trilogy is on the way courtesy of Rian Johnson. Nice.

CL82

Reaction Score
Damn that looked good.

So one more tell. Notice that left side of Luke's hood looks like plastic rather than fabric. It's not an accident, it is definitely a (not so) subtle reference to Vader.

Reaction Score
Damn that looked good.

So one more tell. Notice that left side of Luke's hood looks like plastic rather than fabric. It's not an accident, it is definitely a (not so) subtle reference to Vader.
Lol it looks exactly the same to me

Reaching, my dude. His head being in Vader’s place on the poster was not-so-subtle enough

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Lol it looks exactly the same to me

Reaching, my dude. His head being in Vader’s place on the poster was not-so-subtle enough

I thought the same thing, but didn't have the heart to say anything. He was so enthusiastic.

You could argue the red vs blue color of his face is a tell if you were so inclined.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My kid is a big fan. He's got tickets to the NYC premier Thursday night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom