Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Anyone else pumped? I am not going until next Wednesday. Please use spoiler tags for your movie reviews and comments..

I have to wait until Saturday afternoon. I've considered taking the day off work on Friday to avoid overhearing anything and so I'll spend less time on the internets

Reaction Score
I have to wait until Saturday afternoon. I've considered taking the day off work on Friday to avoid overhearing anything and so I'll spend less time on the internets
I have to chaperone a dance Friday night. I'm legitimately horrified some loser kid will ruin this for me.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I have to chaperone a dance Friday night. I'm legitimately horrified some loser kid will ruin this for me.

I think you need to establish ground rules at the outset, and use embarrassment or social stigmatization as a deterrent. Tweens are easily manipulated.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Hey whoever suggested reading Bloodlines, thanks. It makes the plot of TFA, the Resistance and First Order more reasonable.

Is there a book out there that discusses the Jedi Academy and Ben Solo's fall to the dark side?

Reaction Score
I think you need to establish ground rules at the outset, and use embarrassment or social stigmatization as a deterrent. Tweens are easily manipulated.
These are no tweens. 15-19 year olds. And I work at an all-girls's school, so it's the boys I'm worried about since I have no control over them, really.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Hey whoever suggested reading Bloodlines, thanks. It makes the plot of TFA, the Resistance and First Order more reasonable.

Is there a book out there that discusses the Jedi Academy and Ben Solo's fall to the dark side?
That was probably me. The only mentions of Ben in the canon novels is in Bloodlines. I would imagine that they have some plans to build out plotlines around the failed jedi academy, but with all of the movies being scheduled they may be holding off.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I loved it. But I always love Star Wars so I might not be the best judge. ;)

loved the Yoda scene

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I loved it. But I always love Star Wars so I might not be the best judge. ;)

loved the Yoda scene

Can't see it til next week. Thank you for the spoiler.

Did anyone in the theater have a light saber?

Reaction Score
A good enough movie on its own, but as a Star Wars movie it left me pretty disappointed. It's Star Wars, so they will always get my money, but my days of really looking forward to the next film are over. Maybe a second viewing will allow the film to grow on me, but I won't do that until it is available for home viewing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
A good enough movie on its own, but as a Star Wars movie it left me pretty disappointed. It's Star Wars, so they will always get my money, but my days of really looking forward to the next film are over. Maybe a second viewing will allow the film to grow on me, but I won't do that until it is available for home viewing.
How did you feel about TFA? Just looking for a frame of reference.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
OK. Thinking back on it this morning I still really liked it but had some issues with few items.

1. They better explain more about Snoke. That was weak if he is gone and there is no additional backstory, etc.
  2. Same about Rey's parents. I have to feel there is more there.
  3. So can Jedi's survive in space? Is Leia a Jedi? I thought the Princess Leia flying through space was awful.
  4. Still think Captain Phasma was wasted. Should have been a much cooler character.
One great thing: No midi-chlorians.

Reaction Score
How did you feel about TFA? Just looking for a frame of reference.

I liked TFA for the most part. I thought it did a good job of bringing us back into the Star Wars universe. I thought it also laid the groundwork for some interesting storylines moving forward. Unfortunately, I feel like we have seen the end of those possibilities based on the events of this film. I do acknowledge the possibility that at least one person's story may not be done though, depending on the next film.

Reaction Score
I have tickets for tonight, but the wait is killing me. I so want to hit on those spoilers . . . .

Reaction Score
I saw it last night, thought the parts that I actually saw were just ok. To be fair, I had a belly full of beer and pizza, once I hit that Imax recliner it was all I could do to keep my eye's open.

Reaction Score
Go in with no expectations. Lots of good things in it, but lots of moments that are shocking, it seems, just to be shocking.

The film genuinely shocked me in ways a Star Wars film hadn't in a while, and it's main characters are awesome; the film also has some real issues.

Reaction Score
Go in with no expectations. Lots of good things in it, but lots of moments that are shocking, it seems, just to be shocking.

The film genuinely shocked me in ways a Star Wars film hadn't in a while, and it's main characters are awesome; the film also has some real issues.

I enjoyed the unpredictable parts. It broke the mold in the same way the first one followed the mold. Unfortunately, the ending of the trilogy obviously presumed Carrie Fisher was still alive.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the unpredictable parts. It broke the mold in the same way the first one followed the mold. Unfortunately, the ending of the trilogy obviously presumed Carrie Fisher was still alive.
I liked every one of those surprises except
Snoke's death
. It just didn't feel like the payoff we deserved. Who did it, it was done, all that I was fine with. But
Snoke was just throwing Rey around like a rag doll, reading her mind, and had force connected the two of them...with nothing else to distract him, I felt like it made him look like a fool, and it made me feel like a fool for caring about him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom