OT: - Stanton to the Yankees | The Boneyard

OT: Stanton to the Yankees

Reaction Score
I hate everything.

I especially hate Jeter.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy. Jeter helped his old team
He didn’t. Yankees took that contract off his hands and gave a good starter. It was business, but I’m glad the Red Sox didn’t get him.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
glvowsxwhxfewplkzf6c.jpg

Reaction Score
Sox screwed the pooch on that one. They needed Stanton badly.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Sox screwed the pooch on that one. They needed Stanton badly.
Boston wasn't on the list of four clubs he'd agree to go to. They were the Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers and Astros. Boston was never a possibility so Boston didn't blow anything but I agree that they needed him more than the Yankees.

Reaction Score
Not in love with the deal. These long term Alex Rodriguez type contracts have a huge downside. Liked Castro as well, very good player.

Reaction Score
Not in love with the deal. These long term Alex Rodriguez type contracts have a huge downside. Liked Castro as well, very good player.
You can’t pass up the opportunity for a judge, Stanton, Sanchez, bird, didi, Torres lineup. That lineup has a chance to be historic. Combined with our bullpen if sevy, Tanaka, and gray give us anything we’ll be dominant. And that’s without me mentioning Gardner, and hicks who was a borderline all star before he got hurt in the first half. I believe we should follow this move by unloading Clint Frazier for some starting pitching

Reaction Score
I would rather have Manny and a pitcher.....but I guess I can settle for Stanton.

Reaction Score
Boston wasn't on the list of four clubs he'd agree to go to. They were the Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers and Astros. Boston was never a possibility so Boston didn't blow anything but I agree that they needed him more than the Yankees.
They were supposed to be in contention, but too cute for their own good shopping the market. Big price tag and they were betting it would be tough to unload him. The Sox also have had some big salary swing and misses and paying the piper.

Reaction Score
I would rather have Manny and a pitcher.....but I guess I can settle for Stanton.
Machado is still doable. We’re under the luxury tax still. Well still need a third basemen unless andujar proves otherwise

Reaction Score
Machado is still doable. We’re under the luxury tax still. Well still need a third basemen unless andujar proves otherwise

I know. I was hoping for Manny, and ace, and Harper next year. But I am not going to complain.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Giancarlo goes yardo, and the bleacher creatures are giving him a Stanton ovation!"

As a Red Sox fan, I didn’t want him. But I didn’t want him to go to the Yankees. Bronx Bombers indeed.

Reaction Score
Question. Gardner is not young. Clint Frazier has great potential speed and power, but needs time. Could be a fixture if given patience. Yankees have some stud pitchers in the minors, so why give up Frazier? Let the kids come up and at the trade deadline in summer we’ll see.

Reaction Score
Jeter's parting gift to the Yankees. Compensation for stealing money from the Yankees his last couple seasons.

Reaction Score

Sorry, but you are nuts. We are giving up nothing; Castro was the worst defensive 2B in baseball and his plate discipline is horrific. With the exchange of contracts, we are still under the luxury tax. Stanton's contract is structured with an opt out after year three. So it is very likely that after Stanton hits 50 homeruns a year and watches Machado, Harper, and Arenado get 400 million dollar contracts that Giancarlo will opt out. So it would his prime years (28-31) at 3-75 which is a freakin' steal if all goes right. Should he want to stay on, a player of his talent will actually be a bargain at 25-29 million compared to similar players. It's a deal you do every day of the week especially when we gave up only one prospect and that one is already 21 and only in Low A.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Question. Gardner is not young. Clint Frazier has great potential speed and power, but needs time. Could be a fixture if given patience. Yankees have some stud pitchers in the minors, so why give up Frazier? Let the kids come up and at the trade deadline in summer we’ll see.
I'd give up Bird before Frazier. Frazier could be a star (so could Bird but Frazier has speed and Bird doesn't).

Reaction Score
I'd give up Bird before Frazier. Frazier could be a star (so could Bird but Frazier has speed and Bird doesn't).

Eh... I wasn't blown away by Frazier. He's got a big personality and his bat is remarkably quick, but his plate discipline is nowhere near Bird's and Bird is made for Yankee Stadium. I see Frazier as Nick Swisher tops (without the walks.) That's not a bad thing, but if you can flip Frazier (who is expendable now) in a package for a young arm you do it immediately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom