OT: - Stanton to the Yankees | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Stanton to the Yankees

Reaction Score
I'd give up Bird before Frazier. Frazier could be a star (so could Bird but Frazier has speed and Bird doesn't).
But with Stanton we're stacked in the outfield. Without Bird, not so much at 1st base. Don't get me wrong, I love Frazier after the game winning walk-off HR.

Reaction Score
Question. Gardner is not young. Clint Frazier has great potential speed and power, but needs time. Could be a fixture if given patience. Yankees have some stud pitchers in the minors, so why give up Frazier? Let the kids come up and at the trade deadline in summer we’ll see.
They didn't give up Frazier, he's still on the Yankees

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'd give up Bird before Frazier. Frazier could be a star (so could Bird but Frazier has speed and Bird doesn't).
I wouldn't give up either unless there was a mid 20's Greg Maddux on the other end of that deal.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but you are nuts. We are giving up nothing; Castro was the worst defensive 2B in baseball and his plate discipline is horrific. With the exchange of contracts, we are still under the luxury tax. Stanton's contract is structured with an opt out after year three. So it is very likely that after Stanton hits 50 homeruns a year and watches Machado, Harper, and Arenado get 400 million dollar contracts that Giancarlo will opt out. So it would his prime years (28-31) at 3-75 which is a freakin' steal if all goes right. Should he want to stay on, a player of his talent will actually be a bargain at 25-29 million compared to similar players. It's a deal you do every day of the week especially when we gave up only one prospect and that one is already 21 and only in Low A.

The problem is if he doesn't opt out, years 31-37. That's all I am saying. The risk also being that his overall performance is not stellar. We'll see.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The Miami Marlins should be ashamed.

How they even have a fanbase after 97 and 03 is beyond me.

Total disregard for the fans. Watch Ozuna and Yelich get dealt soon as well.

Reaction Score
No, someone suggested that Frazier would be traded and I want to keep him.
Missed that post, that makes sense. I think he may have more value in a trade than to the Yankees, but I'd also want them to hang on to him

Reaction Score
Missed that post, that makes sense. I think he may have more value in a trade than to the Yankees, but I'd also want them to hang on to him
Yea I suggested we trade him for starting pitching. I like gardy’s Leadership in the clubhouse and I also believe Frazier is more valuable to us on the trade market than as a 5th outfielder

Reaction Score
The problem is if he doesn't opt out, years 31-37. That's all I am saying. The risk also being that his overall performance is not stellar. We'll see.

I'm a Yankee fan and I hope he does opt out.

For what we gave up, getting him for 3 years in his prime is enough for me.

Otherwise the last 3 or 4 years of his contract will be costly for the end of his career.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Otherwise the last 3 or 4 years of his contract will be costly for the end of his career.

It coincides with Mike Trouts free agency as well...

Reaction Score

These guys are young and want to play the outfield but at that money and then injuries worry you, especially the way Judge dives all over. What if Stanton and Judge take half swings just to contact at The Stadium? Still a home run to right field. Saw Judge get fooled on pitches and do just that last year. They can alternate the field and DH, stretch their careers.

Reaction Score

Understood. I look at it today as getting the premier power hitter in baseball for nothing in players/prospects and at a contract that while steep, might actually seem reasonable w/ the escalating prices of other players. I fully expect him to want to opt out when he sees what Harper, Machado, Arenado and others get. Give me three prime years and I'll be ecstatic.

Reaction Score
I didn’t realize there was an OT on yankees aquiring Stanton.... Stone Cold likes this but will miss Castro.

Reaction Score
A lot of coin to pay someone with immense talent but has trouble playing close to a full season.

Reaction Score
A lot of coin to pay someone with immense talent but has trouble playing close to a full season.

Average of 26.5 million per year. What do you think Harper and Bryant are going to get.

Reaction Score
Average of 26.5 million per year. What do you think Harper and Bryant are going to get.

It’s a lot of coin for someone who can’t stay healthy. Surprised Cashman made the deal. Always thought yanks would be all in for Manny Machado.

Reaction Score
It’s a lot of coin for someone who can’t stay healthy. Surprised Cashman made the deal. Always thought yanks would be all in for Manny Machado.

Who says they won't be. They are resetting their luxury tax for a reason.

Reaction Score
I guess they are out of the running for Alex Cobb? Not sure who else can pitch for them. Maybe give Chance Adams a shot?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sabathia would make 5 starters.

Tanaka (did not opt out)
Severino
Gray
CC (probable re-signing) and...
Montgomery/Adams (winner of ST battle)

I would love Cobb, tho.

Reaction Score
I believe they have 2-3 rookie pitchers in the minors with potential, better than Montgomery maybe. Green could start too because the relief core is deep already. It only becomes an issue going to postseason because they will need 3 quality starters and can always pick up a rental at the trade deadline.

Reaction Score
Jeter's parting gift to the Yankees. Compensation for stealing money from the Yankees his last couple seasons.
Just about all the players steal their money the last few years of a contract before retirement. Exception: Ortiz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom