OT: - Stanton to the Yankees | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Stanton to the Yankees

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The rich get richer.

The same was said of the Bosox pitcher signings the last few years

I think NY needs a #2 or 3 quality starter. They scored a lot of runs as it was. Not that I don’t like the signing, but it isn’t as if Castro never hit a home run.

Reaction Score
Can't claim credit for this, saw it on facebook:
"All Rise & Stant..."

Reaction Score
George is probably smiling. As a Yankee fan I love this. Not giving up much either. Now Brian go get us some pitching
Funny thing is i made a joke about Jeter sending him to the Yankees for a bag of chips and a drink. lol! I had no idea the Yanks were even in the running.

Reaction Score
The problem is if he doesn't opt out, years 31-37. That's all I am saying. The risk also being that his overall performance is not stellar. We'll see.
Right. At an AAV of $22M. Still a steal. That's less than they were paying A-rod for his decline years and Stanton's deal would end 5 years before A-Rod's. After the Headley deal, they're now even on payroll. No-brainer.

Reaction Score
So I’m watching Stanton take off his jacket and try on the jersey and this guy is built like an oak tree and not a small one. He seems way more muscular than Judge. He should just wait on pitches, take half swings and hit it out to right field.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The price was too good not to make the deal.

Not even giving up abreu is a nice win.

Sounds like they’re looking for pitching. Heard they’re kicking Corbin from AZ around. He could be a fun get.

Reaction Score
The price was too good not to make the deal.

Not even giving up abreu is a nice win.

Sounds like they’re looking for pitching. Heard they’re kicking Corbin from AZ around. He could be a fun get.

Who's Abreu?

Reaction Score
It’s a lot of coin for someone who can’t stay healthy. Surprised Cashman made the deal. Always thought yanks would be all in for Manny Machado.

Harper’s going to get a $400 million contract and has averaged missing 1 more game due to injury per season in his career than Stanton. He’s just as injury prone and is gonna get an enormous contract regardless.

the Q

Reaction Score
Who's Abreu?

He’s their 8th best prospect according to one site (Guzman 10) and minor league bAll has them at 7 and 8 (edge Guzman). But I like abreu as a prospect because he’s More likely to start than guzman. But only giving up one top 10 prospect isn’t a bad price at all.

the Q

Reaction Score
He’s probably referring to Albert Abreu, the Yankees #7 prospect according to MLB pipeline.

Yes him.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not sure how you pitch the middle of the Yankees order anymore?

Reaction Score
He’s probably referring to Albert Abreu, the Yankees #7 prospect according to MLB pipeline.
They also still have Sheffield, who is the best of the 3 and closer to MLB, plus Chance Adams and Dillon Tate. Plenty of pitching depth, and that isn't even talking about the guys that were already at AAA and knocking on the door in AA that aren't top 10 prospects. They did lose at least one in the rule 5 draft today, though - Nestor Cortes. Still have Domingo German and Domingo Acevedo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom