Stanford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All sabermetric gymnastics aside, they're a second tier team from a BCS conference, probably a bubble tournament team. If this UConn team has the ceiling that some of you think it does, they should handle a team like this. I would love to see them come out and dominate this game wire to wire.

If I had to guess, I'd say they come out flat, eventually build up a working margin, and then give it all back down the stretch to hold on for a close win that has half the board saying "Just get the W!" and the other half despondent.

That's pretty much where I'm at, as well. In all likelihood, Stanford is an NIT team. They gave up 112 to BYU on their home floor and 88 to Pittsburgh. As I said before the season, UConn has the pieces of an elite offensive team. In a sport that has become increasingly stagnant and dis-oriented on the offensive end of the floor, this UConn team has the offensive weaponry to be far more aesthetically pleasing than they've been at times this season (the BC and Indiana games, for instance). They're a veteran team with one of the best players in the country running the show, an emerging star in Daniels, one of the best shooters in the country in Giffey, a crucial complementary ball-handler/distributor in Boatright, and a bunch of other capable shooters spacing the floor. If they're as good as we think, they should have no trouble hanging 80+ on this Stanford team and winning by double digits.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was curious about the starting time of 9pm for this game. It doesn't happen often that XL weekday home games start at 9pm. Was this to accomodate Stanford or ESPN TV ?

Reaction Score
I was curious about the starting time of 9pm for this game. It doesn't happen often that XL weekday home games start at 9pm. Was this to accomodate Stanford or ESPN TV ?
It's gotta be for ESPN since we have a few weekday games that are starting at 9pm this year- both Houston games & @Temple.

Reaction Score
UConn -7

Reaction Score
Chasson Randle and Boat were co-Mr Illinois in HS......let's hope we don't see any "I can do better" games out there!

This is a fun game for so many reasons, their size and ability to shoot. Our ability to guard, shoot and run so rebounding the ball could become #1 for the winner!

Reaction Score
Curious to see what the attendance is tonight. Guesses? I would think it is not a sellout.

Reaction Score
Should not be in the XL Center. It would be rocking on campus.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If you look at the pick your own seat app on the huskies website, its pretty clear they've made the last 7 rows the sideline uppers unavailable due to decreased demand.

7 x 15 x 12 is 1300 off capacity from go. The baseline uppers aren't available on one side and only a smattering of seats taken on the other, so assume those all go unused.

I'd guess the tickets sold around 12,500 and the attendance around 10,500.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't think Giffey misses a jumper in the background, by the way.
He NEVER misses. I've watched him in warmups intently for all 4 games Ive been to this year and I can count on one hand (or 1/2 a hand) the number of misses by Giff. And not only does he make them all, they NEVER even touch rim. Very impressive shooter he has turned into.

Reaction Score
Omar Calhoun sprained his ankle but coach Kevin Ollie says "he's from Brooklyn" which seems to mean he'll play Wednesday.

Haha I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22