Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread)

Reaction Score
I think it will be Stanford who wins.... but they are the team that give me some concern..... I think we will have an easier time with SC.... but SC will be out for revenge while UCONN will just play team ball to win....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The conventional wisdom is that Stanford wins this one. But I see this as a dogfight with SC’s toughness giving it the edge.

Reaction Score
My head says that Stanford wins. Although, whoever wins will get us one heck of a game if we too advance. There have been many years where the NC game felt like a foregone conclusion. Not this time around.

Reaction Score
Stanford wins in a close contest...........that's the way it should happen so that if UConn wins their semi, the top two teams with the top two coaches will battle it out.........

Reaction Score
I think it is a toss up but give edge to SC based on their defense. Stanford showed their vulnerability against Lville when the 3s weren't dropping. They had to find Prechtel on the bench to basically save them. You live by the 3, you can easily die by the 3.

Reaction Score
I think SC is going to out-muscle Stanford. The trees seem a bit spindly to me.

Reaction Score
The team that scores the most points.
Is that all you got?
Billie Eilish Lol GIF by BRIT Awards

Reaction Score
Stanford has size, just different size than SC. Not as big, but close in height and faster, strong, and good defenders. The only team SC has faced with this much talent has been UConn. Predict Stanford wins in double digits, likely in the 14-16 point range.

GG

Reaction Score
I believe Stanford will win this game, but I am not certain how they are going to handle Boston inside. I believe Stanford is the most talented team left in the tournament. If we get past Arizona and have to Face Stanford, it is going to be a battle.

Reaction Score
I think Stanford holds on due to SC’s sometimes disappearing offense. I’d say something like 68-62.

Reaction Score
Officiating. There are 4 PAC12 refs in the pool. How the game is called, especially early, will tell the story. If it's called like the BU-UC game then SCar has the edge. If it's called like the 2014 UC@SU game then the Trees win. There's one set of rules but several interpretations. :rolleyes:

I want the winner to win over a whistle (or the lack of one) just to see how ESPN handles it.

Reaction Score
I like Stanford tonight.
Both super talented teams.
Vanderveer a better coach In my opinion.
Deciding factor.

Reaction Score
Should be close, but Stanford is slightly superior both offensively and defensively. A win by maybe high single digits.

Reaction Score
Stanford has too much height and length for SC. That should negate SC's quickness.

Reaction Score
I believe Stanford will win this game, but I am not certain how they are going to handle Boston inside. I believe Stanford is the most talented team left in the tournament. If we get past Arizona and have to Face Stanford, it is going to be a battle.
I just don’t understand the, almost universal awe and fear that people show over Boston. Yes, she is a very good post and a great rebounder but in all of SC’s games against ranked teams (reg. season) she averaged 14.6 ppg with two games above 20, three below 10, a high of 27, and a low of 4! She shoots 49% which seems low for a great post player and only 26% from 3. Now, admittedly, she is a great rebounder and a strong post presence but I’m not seeing a performance commensurate with the adulation she receives from the media. I will say in her defense that, imo she has underperformed tremendously this year which I believe may be due to how she is used. She plays on a team that allows the guards, who shoot 39% and 43% respectively and who seem all too often to dominate the shot chart, to not make a strong effort to feed her the ball. She, imo, is a very good post player who could probably be a truly great one but her performances this season just don’t warrant the fear she seems to inspire (according to the media at least) in their opponents. Maybe someone out there can tell me if I’m missing something?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom