Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread)

Reaction Score
Stanford's advantage is going to be depth. Our top players are better than theirs, but their 4 through 10 are better than ours. We've got our starting five (assuming Nika can't play) plus Aubrey and that's basically all Geno will play.
I agree. Stanford is a very bad matchup for the reason you mentioned. It's quality depth & depth with length. If the refs called the game like they did tonight, it will be hard for UConn to win.

Reaction Score
Wilson
Thank you MSGRET :)

I was being a brat though. I was referring to Dawn's excuse when they lost to UCONN earlier this year. She blamed the ball being a NIKE for all of the turnovers they had. I just lost a lot of respect for her after that. But thank you for answering. You rock :cool:

Reaction Score
Too many non-calls. Boston missed another put-back. So. Carolina should have won.
Painfully reminiscent of Jazz Jones's missed putback for Louisville against Miss State in the 2018 National Semifinal

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Wonderful game. The effort by both teams was tremendous. Sad to see SCar lose, glad for Tara. Honestly, neither of these two scare me.
They both scare me, Stanford more than SC. Stanford is so long and talented. UConn, if they win tonight, will have to play their best defense and be hot from outside. For some reason, I don't think it will be close.

Reaction Score
Wow! if you look at the box score, this was one even game. Missing the layups at the end was critical, but not controlling the rebound on Stanford's last miss was also painful for South Carolina.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Thank you MSGRET :)

I was being a brat though. I was referring to Dawn's excuse when they lost to UCONN earlier this year. She blamed the ball being a NIKE for all of the turnovers they had. I just lost a lot of respect for her after that. But thank you for answering. You rock :cool:
So was I, you're welcome and back at you. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The UCONN game could have started at 9PM EST instead of 9:30PM. Tipoff probably won't actually start until 9:45!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The various no-calls is making everyone forget the no-call at the end our last game.
(Seems like last month)

On ESPN .com
MIssed kick ball call leads to Stanford fast-break bucket
I can't copy the link, sorry

Reaction Score
I agree. Stanford is a very bad matchup for the reason you mentioned. It's quality depth & depth with length. If the refs called the game like they did tonight, it will be hard for UConn to win.
Yeah if they go to their bench they're bringing in 6-5 Prechtel who can shoot 3s, dunking Belibi, and Hull. We're bringing in Aubrey, Anna, and Mir. It's why having Nika back is so critical. I'm anxious to see how she looks tonight.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Fast Foward to 28 minute mark.

Reaction Score
Hey, look.
If that was called a kicked ball, everything after that would have been changed.
Granted..
Stanford still wold have come out on top.
Better coaching.
Fact.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the play where SC had a breakaway, and Brink pushed the player in the back! I know the announcers saw it.
But if the foul is called, best SC could do is tie. The non call, which clearly was a foul, was to SC’s advantage once the 3 went in. Also, I must have been watching a different game. Yes refs were inconsistent, but I counted several non calls that would have put Boston out in the 3rd, primarily of the moving screen variety. Also several uncalled travels. Bad reffing tended to equal out on my eyes, and I was hoping UConn would face SC again. Felt bad for Boston. Same chance to win as against Huskies when they lost earlier.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't get it, an hour and a half between games?
ESPN is probably trying to show this game in primetime to the West Coast fans with a 6:30 PM start. But 30 minutes shouldn't matter!

Reaction Score
ESPN is probably trying to show this game in primetime to the West Coast fans with a 6:30 PM start. But 30 minutes shouldn't matter!
What @Biff said could/is the reason for added time.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
haley was boffo! reminded me of maya -- on offense (though apparently her treys were a major abberation -- didn't look like it)

Reaction Score
But if the foul is called, best SC could do is tie. The non call, which clearly was a foul, was to SC’s advantage once the 3 went in. Also, I must have been watching a different game. Yes refs were inconsistent, but I counted several non calls that would have put Boston out in the 3rd, primarily of the moving screen variety. Also several uncalled travels. Bad reffing tended to equal out on my eyes, and I was hoping UConn would face SC again. Felt bad for Boston. Same chance to win as against Huskies when they lost earlier.
The 4th foul on Boston early in the 4th quarter (ticky tac foul or they could have given it to the other SC defender) was huge. Game changer. Meanwhile, Stanford center literally pushed the SC girl in the back going in for a layup & no foul?? C'mon...Its not the quantity of fouls or balance between teams, but when they are called and on whom that matters.

Reaction Score
Didnt SC miss 3 shots with seconds left against UConn? Great game. Stanford UConn SC are good for a few more years.
Yeah very true. It's just a tough spot to be in. You can't practice that. Few players have that ice water in their veins to make that put back or knock down a 3 at the buzzer. Very few actually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom