Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Thanks for that - nothing like a little the PTSD as icing on an amazing win cake. ;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What time is tipoff for us? Serious question.

Reaction Score
The more I watched the game the less decided I was as to which I'd rather meet in the Championship game, should we be so fortunate to get there knock on wood. Stanford it is and they'll be a tough out.

I don't remember a game with so much uncalled grabbing and pushing. The missed kick call was bad but only a continuation of non-calls the whole game. Should we play Stanford I suggest UConn wear very tight, slippery jerseys to keep clutchng hands at bay.

Reaction Score
The more I watched the game the less decided I was as to which I'd rather meet in the Championship game, should we be so fortunate to get there knock on wood. Stanford it is and they'll be a tough out.

I don't remember a game with so much uncalled grabbing and pushing. The missed kick call was bad but only a continuation of non-calls the whole game. Should we play Stanford I suggest UConn wear very tight, slippery jerseys to keep clutchng hands at bay.
Maybe a little cooking spray?

Reaction Score
The 4th foul on Boston early in the 4th quarter (ticky tac foul or they could have given it to the other SC defender) was huge. Game changer. Meanwhile, Stanford center literally pushed the SC girl in the back going in for a layup & no foul?? C'mon...Its not the quantity of fouls or balance between teams, but when they are called and on whom that matters.
I don’t disagree. I was rooting for SC. I just call what I see. And I saw several moving screens and a missed opportunity to win at the end. Tough way to go.

Reaction Score
Stanford's advantage is going to be depth. Our top players are better than theirs, but their 4 through 10 are better than ours. We've got our starting five (assuming Nika can't play) plus Aubrey and that's basically all Geno will play.
This didn't age well.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I will say, the first time they replayed the "kick ball" I thought it clearly went off Cooke's foot; then they showed it from behind and it looked like Hull kicked it. I don't think that's the best angle.

I thought, by and large, it was an excellently played game by both teams, really tough for either of them to have to lose. This is also the first game I've seen where I understand all the hype around Haley Jones and Zia Cooke, who both showed up on the biggest stage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom