STANFORD BEATS BAYLOR............YEAH | Page 3 | The Boneyard

STANFORD BEATS BAYLOR............YEAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some are, and have said so. Some are, and have not said so.

Then there are some who find more satisfaction in making streaks, than breaking streaks. ND men are justifiably famous for breaking the UCLA streak, UCLA is justifiably famous for making the streak. I know which team I'd prefer to be.

Well said Phil. My thoughts exactly while I was reading ETT's posts. Stanford was very deserving of its win over UConn two years ago and had every reason to celebrate. Still, I thought its celebration over stopping UConn's streak was a little over the top. When you enough talent to think realistically about winning a national championship, you don't put too much emphasis on stopping another team's streak.

Reaction Score
Well said Phil. My thoughts exactly while I was reading ETT's posts. Stanford was very deserving of its win over UConn two years ago and had every reason to celebrate. Still, I thought its celebration over stopping UConn's streak was a little over the top. When you enough talent to think realistically about winning a national championship, you don't put too much emphasis on stopping another team's streak.

Stanford didn't, the media did.

from SI
UConn has won seven national championships. Stanford has won two, the last being in 1992. But the Cardinal proved Thursday the playing field can be leveled. In the span that UConn went 90-0, Stanford lost just nine games, three going to UConn.
"It's an incredible accomplishment," VanDerveer said of the Huskies' streak, adding that she told her team to not "be intimidated by the streak. Just go out and play the game."
Afterward, VanDerveer continued to try to keep things in perspective.
"Honestly, it's December," she said. "It's not a national championship."
But it is history. And Stanford is forever part of it.

Reaction Score
Not sure the word "constantly" really describes my posts. I'm just saying that losing a game to a very good Stanford team without Sims and a healthy Prince does not concern me. It actually gives the team a nice little tug back to earth.

The streak would not have meant much to me because next year's edition would have been the one to win the record breaking game. If this team had been the one with a chance to break the record it would have been extremely disappointing. I am actually surprised than UCONN fans are not disappointed that UCONN didn't get a chance to break the streak.
Proof... you had to reply to my post complaining. Looks pretty constant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom