St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
That game was a bit painful to watch. St. John’s is as bush league as they come and so unpleasant to play against. Refs tried to whistle everything in the second half to “control” it, but only made things worse. Our offense was awesome, but defense outside of blocks was ugly. Just one of those games you’re happy to win, and happy that someone from the other team didn’t sucker punch a UConn player in the process. Hopefully the last time we play them this season

Reaction Score
Capture1.JPG

I want what ESPN is smokin'

Reaction Score
The game is largely one to forget about, mainly that ending with our inability to break the press. But I hope the staff gets one clip and plays it 1000x for the rest of the year…

Andre breaking the press, driving the lane, and passing up an oop to Clingan for an aggressive attack of the basket where he gets fouled. THAT is the Andre the team needs. Aggressive, attacking Andre. When he gets in the lane he is going to draw fouls, he’s so big and fast and has really great body control. If he can see that play over and over and drill it into his mind that he can do that, we are a different offense.

On the other hand, the boys are going to have a brutal practice tomorrow. 160+ points to St. John’s over two games is grounds for endless sprints

Reaction Score
JOEY had a big contribution today. 2nd half was sluggish, but win and move on.

That was old fashion Big East Win - I’ll take it.

There were lots of posters claiming Joey C was too soft for the Big East - w r o n g

He just needed some more minutes and nice to see Hurley come around!

Now with than being said, I have criticized Jackson but the last 5 games he has been a big factor in our wins - glad to see him turn it around. I’m not longer concerned about too many minutes when he plays like this!

Reaction Score
It's big that Alleyne is balling now, it's also big that Joey has got it going again.

Should've won by 20 but St. John's is an incredibly annoying team that mucks it up. Game was never in doubt but still need to keep the foot on the gas for the full 40.

Nova at Wells Fargo will be huge, would be a real confidence boost heading into the Garden.

Reaction Score
Win is a win and we did almost score 100. Still having issues with dribble penetration and we did almost allow St. John's 90 points. Not a great game but it is a win. Also love seeing the bench give us over 20 points. Clinigan also looked better after a bad stretch of games for his standards.

Reaction Score
That was old fashion Big East Win - I’ll take it.

There were lots of posters claiming Joey C was too soft for the Big East - w r o n g

He just needed some more minutes and nice to see Hurley come around!

Now with than being said, I have criticized Jackson but the last 5 games he has been a big factor in our wins - glad to see him turn it around. I’m not longer concerned about too many minutes when he plays like this!
Shot 50% from three.

Reaction Score
St. John’s was just mad all game that they’re not talented enough to hang with us, so they decided to turn it into a football game. Anderson seems to have no programmatic control and recruits a bunch of hot heads. One of the more unlikable teams in the league

Reaction Score
Win is a win and we did almost score 100. Still having issues with dribble penetration and we did almost allow St. John's 90 points. Not a great game but it is a win. Also love seeing the bench give us over 20 points.

There were about 10 minutes of garbage time, so we should give them a pass. Plus they beat the spread.

Reaction Score
Hawkins turned into a bit of a volume scorer today, but I didn't think he took bad shots, just wasn't making as many as usual.

Newton and Andre both impact the game in so many ways, it's incredible when they're both clicking at the same time. Really good scoring night from Dre.

I thought it was a great game for Clingan, brought a ton of energy and really protected the rim.

4/10 from deep is good basketball. It's the 2/8 at the rim that wasn't great.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This team is starting to look like a top team. They went from a top 15 team to a top 10 team per Kellog in one half. That’s right Clark the more you watch this team the better the will look. Newton did not have a great game but if he continues to hit those dagger threes and push the ball he can be enough of a point for us. Loved AJ going to hoop he is showing improvement in that area. Overall very good game not great because we were all nervous till almost the end.

Reaction Score
It's big that Alleyne is balling now, it's also big that Joey has got it going again.

Should've won by 20 but St. John's is an incredibly annoying team that mucks it up. Game was never in doubt but still need to keep the foot on the gas for the full 40.

Nova at Wells Fargo will be huge, would be a real confidence boost heading into the Garden.
If we're getting good minutes from Alleyne and Calcaterra that adds a whole new dimension to this team. That type of shooting off the bench is huge. Difference between winning a few games and making a run in March

Reaction Score
The offense has been rolling. Three straight high scoring half’s…50-50-45

A positive stat from today’s first half is the trio of Clingan, Alleyne and Calcaterra outscoring the five starters 26 to 24.
Keep the bench points coming.
At the 12 game mark beginning of the season it was said by talking sports heads that our bench would keep us in the top ten. Well we were but then we were not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom