Squid goes down!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Squid goes down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I hope their starters return again next year and they recruit multiple more platoons to form a company. They can play two and a half minutes each, go 39-0, and lose again. It'll feel even better next time around.

Reaction Score
caliparis had ridiculous success (like to the point of absurd) in recruiting top pgs the last 7-8 years
Yeah? Those pgs looked awesome on the court tonight and last April. Neither Harrison twin is an actual point guard. He hasn't had anyone of any quality to run the team and handle the ball down the stretch since Teague in '12. The Harrisons proved once again tonight that they are not good late-game players handling the ball and making decisions. Mistake after mistake, they were masked last season by Aaron's repeated 25-foot shots that kept going in on the last possession. But both years the Harrisons ran into a veteran team with guards and ballhandlers late in the tournament, who pressured them late in the game, they lost.

Reaction Score
Yet the media will still portray Calipari as one of the greatest coaches of all time...

Reaction Score
Ripper is right, Calipari is an amazing coach but his collection of 9 McD's all-americans were just too green. It was a bunch of frosh that never saw the bright lights, plus the twins and Cauley-Stein. Give them Westbrook or Harden and he easily would have won it.

Reaction Score
Ripper is right, Calipari is an amazing coach but his collection of 9 McD's all-americans were just too green. It was a bunch of frosh that never saw the bright lights, plus the twins and Cauley-Stein. Give them Westbrook or Harden and he easily would have won it.

Yeah I guess now the question goes over to the winner:

Can Wisconsin beat the 76ers? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Give Calhoun 9 McD's all Americans and they hoist the trophy.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Give Calhoun 9 McD's all Americans and they hoist the trophy.

Not too sure about that. JC's sweet spot seemed to be one AA, a few four-stars and some 4-year grinders. JC struck out with perhaps the best "on paper" team UConn ever had (Villanueva/Gay plus a roster of top 100 guys).

Reaction Score
I don't think Calipari was calling his team the best of all time. The media was. Secondly, I despise UK and Calipari and I was glad they lost. But I'm not surprised at all that they lost to an experienced team.

Ok I get what your saying I wasn't trying to get into an argument with you, we both got what we wanted in UK going down. Im not at all surprised that UK went down, ND should have beaten UK, Wisconsin was even better then ND (obviously), more clutch and better coached and hungry after last years defeat to UK. UK could have benefited having a loss or 2 in the regular season you learn more after a loss then you do off a win. Wisconsin had a tougher schedule and is more used to being in closer games.

Reaction Score
Yeah? Those pgs looked awesome on the court tonight and last April. Neither Harrison twin is an actual point guard. He hasn't had anyone of any quality to run the team and handle the ball down the stretch since Teague in '12. The Harrisons proved once again tonight that they are not good late-game players handling the ball and making decisions. Mistake after mistake, they were masked last season by Aaron's repeated 25-foot shots that kept going in on the last possession. But both years the Harrisons ran into a veteran team with guards and ballhandlers late in the tournament, who pressured them late in the game, they lost.

How much of a blue print did last years Uconn guards provide in beating UK guards. Obviously Shabazz and Boat, you also had Tsam in his role last year and Kromah, watching him guard the Harrisons was like watching a Super Sr stealing a Freshmens lunch on the first day of school.

Reaction Score
No. A team with the Harrisons will never win a championship.
That's 9 McD's - he still has 3 scollies for the 4 star players which would be his PG's. Harrisons on the bench LOL

Reaction Score
No. A team with the Harrisons will never win a championship.
Calhoun wouldn't have cared about the Harrison twins' egos, and Ulis would have seen far more minutes.

Want proof: in 2004, Marcus Williams was taking more and more minutes from Taliek until he flunked off the team.

Any coach that was willing to, you know, coach!, would have given Ulis a lot more minutes over the course of the season.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
That's two straight years fools have gotten national champion tatoos long before the team has won those titles.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain how this turd got inducted into the HOF? isn't that reserved for people who accomplished things and advanced the game? although the HOF is kinda joke, calipari is not a HOF level game coach.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain how this turd got inducted into the HOF? isn't that reserved for people who accomplished things and advanced the game? although the HOF is kinda joke, calipari is not a HOF level game coach.

It will be fun when they remove that too won't it James? ;)

temery

What?
Reaction Score

He's been nominated. I don't believe he's in.

Reaction Score
He's been nominated. I don't believe he's in.
jeff goodman is reporting he received the necessary votes to be 'elected' in, which is ludicrous

Reaction Score
The media has been enamored with this guy since his UMass days for whatever reason. Amazing but there's no doubt he should be in the discussion despite our disrespect here.

Reaction Score
The BIG difference is that Coach Cal has already been stripped of 2 Final Fours at different schools for cheating. He left the programs to deal with the messes he created. While I dislike Coach Kryz, he has never been penalized by the NCAA and has won consistently over time at a very respectable school.

The guy is a complete scumbag. No one is denying that. He is a better coach than he gets credit for. He knows basketball surprisingly.

Reaction Score
The guy is a complete scumbag. No one is denying that. He is a better coach than he gets credit for. He knows basketball surprisingly.

I think he is crumbling under the pressure.

The reason you see his teams do crazy stuff in the last minutes is because he panics. The bad decisions last night were made by 2 sophomores and Willy Cauley-Stein.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The media has been enamored with this guy since his UMass days for whatever reason. Amazing but there's no doubt he should be in the discussion despite our disrespect here.
He is an absolute master at media relations now. He had his issues with the Globe while at UMass and with the Nets beat writers, but the national college hoops media carry him around on a throne. It goes a long way.

Reaction Score
I think he is crumbling under the pressure.

The reason you see his teams do crazy stuff in the last minutes is because he panics. The bad decisions last night were made by 2 sophomores and Willy Cauley-Stein.
He also doesn't seem to know the rules. He wasted a time out to try to get the refs to review the blown shot clock violation...only everyone knows (or should know) that you can only check the clock if it happened with under two minutes left, and the clock wasn't there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom