Squid goes down!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Squid goes down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Calipari wanted to play his bench the whole year and never established a proper rotation and guys couldn't grow as players.
And the result is you fall short when confronted with a team of players who did grow over the course of the season.
He might have won if he had less star players that had to play.

Reaction Score
Was that mccrackhead crying? Why don't we get to see ashley jugg crying?

Reaction Score
That's a 4- or 5-loss team in a decent conference. SEC sucked and Brey choked.

Now let's see how many of these guys go pro. I'm hoping he loses 7 of 'em.

Reaction Score
Calipari wanted to play his bench the whole year and never established a proper rotation and guys couldn't grow as players.
And the result is you fall short when confronted with a team of players who did grow over the course of the season.
He might have won if he had less star players that had to play.

He didn't have enough experience in the frontcourt. That's what did him in.

Reaction Score
Lol!

Attachments

• image-1504703586.jpg
    image-1504703586.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 79
Reaction Score
That's a 4- or 5-loss team in a decent conference. SEC sucked and Brey choked.

Now let's see how many of these guys go pro. I'm hoping he loses 7 of 'em.
I think in a good conference they come into the tournament with a record looking a lot like Duke's.

They really needed Arkansas to be for real, or Florida not to fall off a cliff. They went too long without playing anyone.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Glad UK lost, but as a bball fan would not have mind a UK-Duke final. Would have been fun.
That would've brought about one of the signs of the Apocalypse: UCONN fans rooting for Duke. Are you in favor of the world ceasing to exist??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Squid - what do you expect, I play all freshmen vs an upper class team
I know that's coming
If not tonite it will be said later

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The manner in which he accumulates talent aside (we can debate the dirty dealings at another time), when was the last time Calipari outcoached anyone?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It isn't the conference or the rotation. I do think this team was always a rotisserie collection of talent rather than a real "team", and they showed it a little tonight. Even with that, there was no excuse for losing. They should have beaten Wisconsin by 10. Kentucky just choked, and followed that up with no class at the end, with several Kentucky players leaving the court without shaking hands.

Reaction Score
The manner in which he accumulates talent aside (we can debate the dirty dealings at another time), when was the last time Calipari outcoached anyone?

He outcoaches other teams. He got robbed in the 2008 NC game against Kansas. His kids couldn't make FTs down the stretch. I think the biggest turnoff with Calipari is his underhanded dealings.

Reaction Score
Cal had the best team in college basketball and couldn't even get them to the finals. He's nowhere near K or JC's area code. Hell Bo just kicked him out of his neighborhood.

He's been exposed by Ollie and Bo. When will the world see he ain't the best coach in the land, and certainly the worst in this year's FF? Give Izzo or K that team and history is made.

Thanks Wisconsin for exposing this and changing the narrative next week.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
He outcoaches other teams. He got robbed in the 2008 NC game against Kansas. His kids couldn't make FTs down the stretch. I think the biggest turnoff with Calipari is his underhanded dealings.
How did he get robbed?

Who did he outcoach?

Reaction Score
How did he get robbed?

Who did he outcoach?

That game was over. He was up 9 with 2 mins left. If I remember correctly Memphis missed 4 of it's last 5 FTs which let the jayhawks back in the game.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
That picture would've been a lot better if Caroline Doty, Megan Gardler, Sue Bird, and Swin Cash were the mooners.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
That game was over. He was up 9 with 2 mins left. If I remember correctly Memphis missed 4 of it's last 5 FTs which let the jayhawks back in the game.
Not being able to figure out how to close a game (up nine with two minutes left) means you got robbed? I see it as horrible coaching.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
At least ESPN announcers called stein and Harrison out for leaving the court without shaking hands. Nobody in the press conference asked about it. Cal it's not a historic year when it ends here.

Reaction Score
Not being able to figure out how to close a game (up nine with two minutes left) means you got robbed? I see it as horrible coaching.

You expect your kids to make some free throws as opposed to completely spitting the bit. Memphis was easily the better team that night. That was actually one of the worst losses I've seen in a big spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom