Spring Practice 2019 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Spring Practice 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Bobby V does birthday parties and bar mitzvahs too.

Seriously - look it up - people claim he might be CT's greatest athlete of all time.....supposedly as good or better RB than baseball player.....or so legend goes.

Oh I know. Aaron Hernandez could have supplanted him probably had he played a full NFL career

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Oh I know. Aaron Hernandez could have supplanted him probably had he played a full NFL career

No chance. Bobby V scored a touchdown every time he touched the ball. Only the Dear Leader of North Korea has similar accomplishments.

Reaction Score
Fuller w/ a bunch to digest in this update - worth the read: Speedy Watts, DeVaughn looking to thrive in new UConn scheme

Watts: “I was just learning stuff and I tried to come out here and execute, give extreme effort, going fast, playing fast, giving it 150 percent even if it was wrong.”

That is what was missing on the team last year. A complete lack of aggression and playing fast. If you are going to make a mistake, make an aggressive one.

Reaction Score
Second play of the day with the receiver dropping it, great.
I'd put that on Krajewski. He threw into double coverage, slightly under thrown, and Turner got in front of the receiver cutting off his vision...he also might have tipped it. Tough catch to make.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Second play of the day with the receiver dropping it, great.

Plus Kevon Jones basically had a sack in that play. He easily pushed Black off to the side on a delayed blitz.

The challenge will be for the new OC to design passing plays that can get these two QBs into rhythm throws.

Reaction Score
Fuller w/ a bunch to digest in this update - worth the read: Speedy Watts, DeVaughn looking to thrive in new UConn scheme
Putterman’s update: Randy Edsall calls on Anthony Sherman, Bobby Valentine to help get through to players

>>Leone said the entire Huskies’ offensive line has benefited this spring from having an offensive coordinator, Frank Giufre, who knows their position group well. Giufre served as offensive line coach last year before earning a promotion with the departure of John Dunn.

“He really does put that emphasis on us, and so what we do and how we perform really drives the offense," Leone said. "He sees how critical [offensive line play] is.”<<

Reaction Score
What was #62 doing? Did he buy a ticket to watch the play?

Reaction Score
I'd put that on Krajewski. He threw into double coverage, slightly under thrown, and Turner got in front of the receiver cutting off his vision...he also might have tipped it. Tough catch to make.
If the defender jumped up and intercepted the ball then you could definitely put that on the QB. However, Krajewski put that ball in the only place (not slightly underthrown) where it wouldn’t get tipped or picked off. I don’t know how you could say that the receivers vision was blocked either when the ball was about ten feet off the ground. Dropped balls, bad passes and fumbles are going to happen but at least be honest in your critique.
AF1010A9-C5B4-4FD9-BEBC-1BA428B47945.jpeg

Reaction Score
Spoke to a high school coach who recently attended spring practice and said it was way better than last year so there’s a little bit of hope for improvement lol
Did he say that the players were all looking out for each other and that he could feel the love?

Reaction Score
Reading about the running game it’s hard not to be excited. Could set up passing game and take pressure off qb. I dream of play action and a wide open tight end running to daylight. . . until I realize we don’t have a tight end.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reading about the running game it’s hard not to be excited. Could set up passing game and take pressure off qb. I dream of play action and a wide open tight end running to daylight. . . until I realize we don’t have a tight end.

Still need a QB to see that TE.

Visions of Fiesta Bowl and Griffin wide open down the center and Frazer missing the read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom