Spring Practice 2019 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Spring Practice 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. We are supposed to be impressed by a reciever who, with absolutely no one on him, reaches back and make a one handed catch? Yeah sure, nice catch. But what I took away from that was the fact that there was no one on him. Let's see him do that with a safety or a corner draped all over him. Better yet, let's see a safety or a corner draped all over him.

I'm holding out my "impressed" comments for a play of the day of the offense breaking the huddle.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. We are supposed to be impressed by a reciever who, with absolutely no one on him, reaches back and make a one handed catch? Yeah sure, nice catch. But what I took away from that was the fact that there was no one on him. Let's see him do that with a safety or a corner draped all over him. Better yet, let's see a safety or a corner draped all over him.

the bigger issue is that is was a horrific throw to a wide open receiver. trend on play of the day

Reaction Score
Are we watching #47 VENTINE RICHARDSON playing TE? At 6-3 215 at AIC, he could roll up to 220-225 and that looks like his play on that last video.

Reaction Score
I suppose you'd be more impressed if he was blindfolded.

Reaction Score
I suppose you'd be more impressed if he was blindfolded.
Nope, would be more impressed with a better pass and better (or any) coverage. Think I said it was a nice catch.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman 36 minutes ago
Update: Edsall said it’s too early in spring to have anything to talk about, but he did supply some injury news: - DL Jonathan Pace and Lwal Uguak both broke bones in their feet - LB Terrence Ganyi tore his labrum. - TE Donovan Williams has a concussion

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sigh...
Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 12 minutes ago
Lwal Uguak & Jonathan Pace our for rest of #UConn spring practice due to foot injuries

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 7 minutes ago
UConn FB injuries mounting a bit: DB Terrence Ganyi (shoulder), DL Lwal Uguak (broken bone in foot), and DL Jonathan Pace (broken bone in foot) all out of action. Surgery scheduled for all three.
Geesh! 2 DL with broken feet...

Gives them five full months to recover.

Plus in a month or so, they'll be able to do upper body work and plenty of other exercises. If any position needs to go down for a few months due to foot injuries, interior DLine is the position you want.

Reaction Score

Plus in a month or so, they'll be able to do upper body work and plenty of other exercises. If any position needs to go down for a few months due to foot injuries, interior DLine is the position you want.
They will need around 2 and a half months to recover. Possibly as much as 3 months. However they will continue to be able to lift.

Reaction Score

Normal healing time for broken bones varies from six to twelve weeks. So both should be a full go by June. But goodness, this sucks doesn't it?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Randy starting to feel the walls closing in lol

Jay Rose is literally the only Tight End on campus. Wow.

Glad he didn’t get moved to LB like that one poster kept clamoring for.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Jay Rose is literally the only Tight End on campus. Wow.

Glad he didn’t get moved to LB like that one poster kept clamoring for.

And we only have like two serviceable defensive ends and three linebackers now lol. And two qbs once Marvin gets suspended. Besides that everything is great!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And we only have like two serviceable defensive ends and three linebackers now lol. And two qbs once Marvin gets suspended. Besides that everything is great!

Great...We have 5 unused scholarships and our admissions department is so JUCO friendly!!!

PS - I am expecting Randy to like this post- Randy I know you are out here!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tyler Coyle catches new coordinator’s eye; Travis Jones slims down, speeds up

>>Coyle has long been one of UConn’s most promising players, an uber-athletic safety who hits hard, runs fast and leaps high. But three years into his college career, the fourth-year junior from Windsor High has yet to fully harness his skills and become a dependable anchor of the Huskies’ defense.

It seemed like a good sign, therefore, when new defensive coordinator Lou Spanos singled out Coyle last week as a player who had impressed him so far this spring. “TC is showing up,” Spanos said. “He’s doing a good job.”<<

>>No UConn player seemed to transform physically between November and February as much as defensive tackle Travis Jones. After playing last season at 350 pounds, the sophomore from New Haven showed up at spring practice with considerably less girth. On Thursday, he said he’s down to 328, thanks to a combination of diet and conditioning.

>>Since Jones arrived in Storrs last summer, coaches have said he’s surprisingly agile for a player of his size. Now, he said, he feels quicker than ever.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tyler Coyle catches new coordinator’s eye; Travis Jones slims down, speeds up

>>Coyle has long been one of UConn’s most promising players, an uber-athletic safety who hits hard, runs fast and leaps high. But three years into his college career, the fourth-year junior from Windsor High has yet to fully harness his skills and become a dependable anchor of the Huskies’ defense.

It seemed like a good sign, therefore, when new defensive coordinator Lou Spanos singled out Coyle last week as a player who had impressed him so far this spring. “TC is showing up,” Spanos said. “He’s doing a good job.”<<

>>No UConn player seemed to transform physically between November and February as much as defensive tackle Travis Jones. After playing last season at 350 pounds, the sophomore from New Haven showed up at spring practice with considerably less girth. On Thursday, he said he’s down to 328, thanks to a combination of diet and conditioning.

>>Since Jones arrived in Storrs last summer, coaches have said he’s surprisingly agile for a player of his size. Now, he said, he feels quicker than ever.<<

Huh, this is kinda like good news or something close to good news.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom