Spring Practice 2019 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Spring Practice 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
not only is this program a complete cauldron of suck - it’s also the strangest damn program in the world.

clearly whooley’s job has changed - he wouldnt have changed his twitter bio otherwise.

he communicates well with the star players. oh ok - thats a totally normal thing.

insanity
This is the first I'm reading about this and holy hell is this place a dumpster fire. What are they doing?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This is the first I'm reading about this and holy hell is this place a dumpster fire. What are they doing?

We also have had coordinators who hardly made a dent in recruiting since RE2 came aboard. How weird is that? I don't think Crocker brought in a single recruit

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 2 minutes ago
Some quick #UConn football notes. Starting guard Nino Leone working as No. 1 center as Christian Haynes is starting at guard. Marvin Washington is getting most of first team reps at quarterback. Best play I saw was interception by Kyle Williams, ripping ball out of WR hands
If he's with the first team then maybe the rumors are not true

Reaction Score
Every year it is the same refrain. We are installing a culture for winning. A culture of hard work. Culture culture culture. I think they have been at that particular task for the better part of a decade.

You want to install a culture? Win a couple. That's what installs culture.

Reaction Score
I like Leone more as a guard because when he pulls he creates huge holes for backs but if it gets best linemen on the field that works. This is going to be the best line we’ve had in a really long time. Mensah and Thompkins are going to have big years running the ball.

Reaction Score
I like Leone more as a guard because when he pulls he creates huge holes for backs but if it gets best linemen on the field that works. This is going to be the best line we’ve had in a really long time. Mensah and Thompkins are going to have big years running the ball.
And whoever is throwing it in back of the OL too. Time to run through progressions. Think about what a difference that might make.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why is Hahn blitzing in this vid? MW finds the open guy - ball is a smidge under thrown...

Reaction Score
The thing I’m looking forward to is having Thompkins back there. Mensah was solid but he didn’t have the breakaway speed or true cutback ability to take advantage of the holes. Thompkins looks like the type of back that can turn a 5 yard gain into 30. I’m also looking forward to seeing Brown and Maurisseau out there. We’ll finally have some guys that can either make you miss or make you pay for poor angles or blown assignments.

Reaction Score
Fuller’s Update: Transfer Art Thompkins hits the ground running at UConn

>>Special was the first word one of his fellow UConn running backs used to describe graduate transfer Art Thompkins while veteran offensive linemen Matt Peart raved about the leadership that the former Toledo running back has brought to the Huskies. It seems safe to say that Thompkins is ready to make the most of his lone season in Connecticut.<<

>>“It was a good time at Toledo,” Thompkins said. “I felt like I needed to take another step and do what is best for me, see if there is another opportunity out there to put me in position to get me the exposure to get me to the next level. Once I did that, UConn was one of the first schools to hit me up. I felt nothing but love and honesty from day one. That is what paved the way to get me here, I didn’t feel any fake blood or fake energy.”<<

>>...Also, true freshman defensive end Eric Watts is already working in with the starters but there were no other real surprises defensively.<<

Reaction Score
Why is Hahn blitzing in this vid? MW finds the open guy - ball is a smidge under thrown...

Nice to see the defense is improving. Underthrown ball and wr still catches and takes it to the house.

Reaction Score
Fuller’s Update: Transfer Art Thompkins hits the ground running at UConn

>>Special was the first word one of his fellow UConn running backs used to describe graduate transfer Art Thompkins while veteran offensive linemen Matt Peart raved about the leadership that the former Toledo running back has brought to the Huskies. It seems safe to say that Thompkins is ready to make the most of his lone season in Connecticut.<<

>>“It was a good time at Toledo,” Thompkins said. “I felt like I needed to take another step and do what is best for me, see if there is another opportunity out there to put me in position to get me the exposure to get me to the next level. Once I did that, UConn was one of the first schools to hit me up. I felt nothing but love and honesty from day one. That is what paved the way to get me here, I didn’t feel any fake blood or fake energy.”<<

>>...Also, true freshman defensive end Eric Watts is already working in with the starters but there were no other real surprises defensively.<<

Reaction Score
Well, defensively, we can't, unless they add another FBS team.
Oh, I dunno, URI marched up and down the field pretty well against UConn. If that had been a really good FCS team it would have been much worse and UConn would've been 0-12.

Reaction Score
Oh, I dunno, URI marched up and down the field pretty well against UConn. If that had been a really good FCS team it would have been much worse and UConn would've been 0-12.
Thank you for your interest in UConn.

Reaction Score

... and secured us the #1 player in the draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom