OT: - Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged) | The Boneyard

OT: Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged)

Reaction Score
Going through my parents attic is always a trip. Aside from those absolutely useless 3rd grade report cards and baby clothes in case my 38 year old unmarried brother somehow decides to have a baby, is a treasure trove of my old sports toys.
They don't make em like they used to, and in some cases that's a blessing.

I feel some of you have some gems up your sleeve. @GemParty (I'm looking at you)

Attach a picture of your favorites, if you can. You can swipe a Pic off the internet if you don't still own the thing.

While you're thinking here's SuperJock ready to drain a corner three in your face. Enjoy

Reaction Score
3!
s-l1200.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Going through my parents attic is always a trip. Aside from those absolutely useless 3rd grade report cards and baby clothes in case my 38 year old unmarried brother somehow decides to have a baby, is a treasure trove of my old sports toys.

I feel some of you have some gems up your sleeve. @GemParty (I'm looking at you)

Attach a picture of your favorites, if you can. You can swipe a Pic off the internet if you don't still own the thing.

While you're thinking here's SuperJock ready to drain a corner three in your face. Enjoy

A lesson I learned a few years ago: If you are shopping for toys an adult would have played with when they were kids, don't go to a toy store and randomly ask people where to find "adult toys." Retro-toys would have been a better term.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I mean, how do you not include this.

View attachment 102062

I refuse to believe those things ever killed anyone outside a freak accident.

We used to have pellet gun Jarts fights. Use your trash can shield to block pellets or to block falling Jarts. I think this was taught at the War College in RI in the 60s.

We stopped when CO2 pellet guns came out, and a few balloon knots threatened to sharpen the Jarts.

Reaction Score
One boring summer day, my friends and I set out on a quest to tear Stretch Armstrong apart. From what I recall, there were pliers and a vise involved. We also tried to draw and quarter him between two bicycles. None of it worked. We were maybe 10? That day ended with one of the moms yelling at us because we tossed ol' Stretch in a metal garbage can with some charcoal lighter fluid to finish the job.

a67c908be0d858c3929c78542095bb60_display_large_7.webp

Reaction Score
Same thing happens in little league games at least once per season.
When I was a kid, I remember another kid getting hit in the face and his braces wire poking out through his cheek. The league instituted those football type face guards for a few seasons.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I refuse to believe those things ever killed anyone outside a freak accident.

We used to have pellet gun Jarts fights. Use your trash can shield to block pellets or to block falling Jarts. I think this was taught at the War College in RI in the 60s.

We stopped when CO2 pellet guns came out, and a few balloon knots threatened to sharpen the Jarts.

We would get in "fights" in the neighborhood using crab apples as pellets and weeping willow branches as whips.

Put enough kids outside for a long enough period of time and you found ways to entertain yourselves.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think you need to die for it to be an issue. I remember more than one story of a Jart getting stuck in somebody's skull back in the day.
Same thing happens in little league games at least once per season.

I saw a lot of freak little league accidents but never saw anyone get a jart stuck in their head at a little league game. Maybe a Babe Ruth league or Twilight League game but never little league.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

Never had one of these more than 10 minutes. Either, ended up on a roof or in a tree.

IMG_5632.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom