Spanos out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Spanos out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lou Spanos 3 month leave of absence! Defensive staff and Lou could not get on the same page. Tough to find a coordinator less than 2 weeks before the season !
Hamba uyozifuqa, troll.

Reaction Score
Jay Z Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
I would hope since there was a media availability yesterday, if the DC was not present, at least one reporter would ask Mora or other coaches about it. I would hope.
True, I sent a tweet/question to a couple of them, which they completely ignored and wouldn't dignify with a response.

Reaction Score
First off I hope he is not having health issues. That being said, is there be a more unlucky/cursed/inept program over the last ten years ?

Reaction Score

taking a leave is a little different than what the initial post of this thread implied... I hope/pray for the best for Coach Spanos.. This guy I give the utmost respect to... He took the interim head coach gig last year after Edsall was let go at the time his dad died from COVID-19... not to mention he has a wonderful family, wife, 3 boys, one of which is special needs.. Dude's probably on an emotional rollercoaster.. Mental health is real.. just sayin... Prayers up Coach!

Reaction Score
I know Mora has a world of experience as a DC and head coach but I wonder who back fills for Spanos/ the other coaches duties. There isn't much experience on the D side of the ball. With only 2 of the 3 actual position coaches left having only 3 and 4 years as a position coach at the FBS level. Is that why we get the Hilliard hype story today from Uconn. Do they bump up Luke to a position coach ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
everyone remove those dislikes on op before you're outed!
I don't understand posts like this. This is a UCONN fan site not a game show, no winning or losing taking place and the OP is only right if he has the reason for the leave of absence correct. If it turns out to be health reasons then the op is still wrong, leave of absence sounds like he will return. To be continued....

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I don't understand posts like this. This is a UCONN fan site not a game show, no winning or losing taking place and the OP is only right if he has the reason for the leave of absence correct. If it turns out to be health reasons then the op is still wrong, leave of absence sounds like he will return. To be continued....
1660833057594.png

Reaction Score
True, I sent a tweet/question to a couple of them ( Uconn FB writers), which they completely ignored and wouldn't dignify with a response.

What were these guys watching then and why not follow up ? From the Courant-

"Spanos has missed recent team practices, but was in attendance at the start of practice Wednesday, though he appeared to have left early.

" Mora was more hands-on with the defense during Wednesday’s practice, saying it was part of preparing for game week. “I’ve had an involvement with those guys,” Mora said following Wednesday’s practice. “We’re playing a team [Utah State] that does some things that are different than what we’ve seen out of our offense all spring and the first couple of weeks of camp and so we have to have some wrinkles. And I just want to make sure that they were on the same page as we move forward.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom