Sophomore Anastasia Hayes Dismissed from UT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sophomore Anastasia Hayes Dismissed from UT

Reaction Score
Obviously it appears that the parents don't believe rules apply to them so I am sure that the children don't either so I am sure there were lots of rule violations in addition to pot. In a team situation you just can't have one person not following the rules no matter how good they are. This just reinforces the UConn philosophy on recruiting, structure, and professional no matter whole the player is....

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
“My daughters will be seeking a less restrictive college environment without team rules.” She added, “They might also consider a more traditional environment if they were guaranteed freshman playing time on a contending team, providing they would be exempt from team rules.” :confused::confused:
Good luck with that.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
“My daughters will be seeking a less restrictive college environment without team rules.” She added, “They might also consider a more traditional environment if they were guaranteed freshman playing time on a contending team, providing they would be exempt from team rules.” :confused::confused:

Where’d you see that quote? Have a hard time believing any parent would actually be that bold and didn’t see it anywhere in the article.

Reaction Score

Your posted "quote" might be taken literally, as opposed to sarcasm.
Where’d you see that quote? Have a hard time believing any parent would actually be that bold and didn’t see it anywhere in the article.

I'll stick my neck out on this one (Though, not very far) and declare that quote as sarcasm. It was not a direct quote (Despite the inclusion of quotation marks).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To be fair, all Hayes' mom said was "They still have standing offers, but they will not be going there," Sherry Hayes wrote in a direct message on Twitter.

I have no idea what transpired or went on behind closed doors, but I do enjoy the drama and angst revolving around the program. It seems every few years the team "gets rid of a cancer or chemistry problem" (not saying anyone was quoted as saying this), and yet problems continue to exist.

First it was Deshields. Then Cooper. Then Nared and Russel (lack of leadership and effort who underperformed). Now it's Hayes. For all the "terrific" recruiting that Tennessee is doing lately, they seem to continue to get kids who have problems there.

Perhaps Warlick should stop going after every top kid in the rankings and start focusing on kids who are a better fit for what she's trying to accomplish. Hope springs eternal at Rocky Top. "NOW we finally have the right players who will have great chemistry"... Um, yeah, stay tuned...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Perhaps Warlick should stop going after every top kid in the rankings and start focusing on kids who are a better fit for what she's trying to accomplish.

You're kidding right Eric? All Holly is trying to accomplish is collect that fat salary as long as she can.

Reaction Score
This is not the first bitter controversy involving Ms. Hayes and her parents:
Judge rules in favor of Sumner Schools in bullying lawsuit

Thx for posting Volup1 I applaud her parents for standing behind their daughter..... it is good....

of course, though, if there is lack of basis to this that is another story.... and although i do not know the nuts and bolts to this whole story if her father was a backseat driver, wanting to call the shots from his seat..... that is a recipe for disaster always....

Reaction Score
TN 18-19 roster:

possible starters: G Westbrook (So), G MemeJ (Sr), W Davis (So), F Collins (Fr), F CGreen (Sr)
main bench: PG Massengill (Fr), G ZGreen (Fr), F Brown (Sr), C Kushkituah (So)
rest: W Burrell (Fr), C Harris (Jr)

Vols are now in a position where an injury to Davis or Westbrook would be devastating, as in danger of not making the tourney.

Reaction Score

I call a big time FOUL here.

Writing your response in this way makes it seem like it’s a direct quote, especially for folks who don’t click through to read the article.

In credibly misleadingly and unfair to the family.

Reaction Score
I call a big time FOUL here.

Writing your response in this way makes it seem like it’s a direct quote, especially for folks who don’t click through to read the article.

In credibly misleadingly and unfair to the family.
Seriously? I didn't figure anyone would really think it was from the article, but I put these :confused::confused: at the end just in case. What's incredible to me is that it would be misleading to anyone who was actually awake, but...$%*&#???

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This news was disappointing. I think it may benefit. There was a poetinal log jam a PG. I think that it will be hard to keep Massingill on the bench. I think she will have a impact. I think Westbrook will have a bg year.

Reaction Score
Name the "worse" offenses? Or are you just making things up?

How about the male athletes who commit assault, sexual or otherwise? Many merely sat out a 3 game suspension. Isn't that what happened at Baylor?

A few years ago a hot-shot Tenn QB had a party in his off-campus apartment. A number of beer bottles were dropped onto the car of another resident. The police weren't going to do anything until a neighbor called the police as an eye witness. Somehow, someone got that information and the witness's car was trashed by "unknown parties". The QB, who was under age, didn't even miss a practice. Malicious damage to private property? Under-age drinking? Tampering with a witness to a crime? No problem!!

Reaction Score
To be fair, all Hayes' mom said was "They still have standing offers, but they will not be going there," Sherry Hayes wrote in a direct message on Twitter.

I have no idea what transpired or went on behind closed doors, but I do enjoy the drama and angst revolving around the program. It seems every few years the team "gets rid of a cancer or chemistry problem" (not saying anyone was quoted as saying this), and yet problems continue to exist.

First it was Deshields. Then Cooper. Then Nared and Russel (lack of leadership and effort who underperformed). Now it's Hayes. For all the "terrific" recruiting that Tennessee is doing lately, they seem to continue to get kids who have problems there.

Perhaps Warlick should stop going after every top kid in the rankings and start focusing on kids who are a better fit for what she's trying to accomplish. Hope springs eternal at Rocky Top. "NOW we finally have the right players who will have great chemistry"... Um, yeah, stay tuned...

I'm sure that Pat could take a problem child and by the force of her personality will either intimidate them into conformity or straighten them out. I'm sure there are schools that don't have the rules of Tenn and where officials look the other way in direct proportion to the value of the athlete to their team.

Reaction Score
How about the male athletes who commit assault, sexual or otherwise? Many merely sat out a 3 game suspension. Isn't that what happened at Baylor?

A few years ago a hot-shot Tenn QB had a party in his off-campus apartment. A number of beer bottles were dropped onto the car of another resident. The police weren't going to do anything until a neighbor called the police as an eye witness. Somehow, someone got that information and the witness's car was trashed by "unknown parties". The QB, who was under age, didn't even miss a practice. Malicious damage to private property? Under-age drinking? Tampering with a witness to a crime? No problem!!
Ok. I assumed we were talking about the Tennessee womens basketball team. I'm sure we can find lots of criminal activity if we open it up to any and all college teams. You didn't make a point. Good try.

Reaction Score
Players getting DUIs, fighting/altercations, shoplifting for starters. Can’t ever recall seeing a player get kicked off a team for these actions. Even the drama last year of UCLA players shoplifting in China and being detained only led to a season long suspension.
Tennessee Lady Vols got DUIs and shoplifting? Opening it up to all colleges and teams is silly since we are discussing Vols

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tennessee Lady Vols got DUIs and shoplifting? Opening it up to all colleges and teams is silly since we are discussing Vols

I was referencing any NCAA team, not specifically Tennessee. And it’s not silly. In theory, rules and punishments should apply across teams/schools for common standard offenses rather than pick and choose what is severe enough to be kicked off on a case by case basis.

Reaction Score
I was referencing any NCAA team, not specifically Tennessee. And it’s not silly. In theory, rules and punishments should apply across teams/schools for common standard offenses rather than pick and choose what is severe enough to be kicked off on a case by case basis.
Ok.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Remember when players transferred from Maryland because a player was fighting and punching team mates. Players transferred and the trouble maker stayed. No Names. Well I can bet there is more to this then is in print. When your on a team its about the T.E.A.M. There is no "I" in team and with the remarks of their mother her sisters will not get offers from alot of teams. It sounds like lack of discipline at home, it may not be but coaches arent going to take a chance. You take a kid with an attitude problem, or who is not coach-able or who wont follow the team rule then you have to let her go. Why do you think Geno pulls the plug on some recruits.

Reaction Score
You're kidding right Eric? All Holly is trying to accomplish is collect that fat salary as long as she can.

That is nasty, Rock. I think she is just incompetent, not dishonest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom