Sophomore Anastasia Hayes Dismissed from UT | The Boneyard

Sophomore Anastasia Hayes Dismissed from UT

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Whoa, I would think that would hurt. Wasn't TN, or at least didn't TN think, they were in line for several younger sisters, as a result of the eldest choosing TN?
I can't imagine the rule violation, but it must have been significant. I hope the youngster rebounds from this. All young kids make mistakes. I hope she is able to grow and learn from it, and didn't destroy all hopes of a future in basketball.

Reaction Score
So for those who were saying that TN was recruiting too many guards ...

Reaction Score
TN 18-19 roster:

possible starters: G Westbrook (So), G MemeJ (Sr), W Davis (So), F Collins (Fr), F CGreen (Sr)
main bench: PG Massengill (Fr), G ZGreen (Fr), C Kushkituah (So)
rest: W Burrell (Fr), C Harris (Jr)

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Some credit to HW for sticking to her rules and dumping a key player.

This is the second time she's had to dismiss a player. Hope this wasn't for the same reason and hope the best for Hayes moving forward.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! This is a shocker. She is very fast and appears talented.

Reaction Score
This will hurt UT somewhat. She wasn't gang busters by any stretch but definitely solid and she has some talent. After TN lost Crystal Dangerfield they were proud to get Hayes and potentially her sisters as home state products with high ceilings.

Guard depth just took a big hit in Knoxville. Here is hoping Westbrook has improved and that Massengill is ready to play.

With regards to her sisters, I've never personally been a huge fan of package deals at any school for any sport. It's tough to keep everyone happy.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Shade thread:

Where does she go?

Ohio St? Louisville? Miss St?

Not that having too many guards has ever been an issue for OSU, but they currently have two guards committed for the 2019 season, one freshmen guard on the team, and are in on Horston, Cooke, and Blackwell...so not sure they'd have room unless they start to feel they are going to miss out on those three.

Miss St. seems like a good space for her to start fresh. Vic is a good coach, she'd be in for big coaching change ha.

Her final six in high school were: SEC schools Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Florida, Kentucky and Texas A&M.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Good players do not always turn out to be good teammates. I hope she can recover and continue somewhere else.

Reaction Score
TN 18-19 roster:

possible starters: G Westbrook (So), G MemeJ (Sr), W Davis (So), F Collins (Fr), F CGreen (Sr)

TN 19-20 roster:

possible starters: PG Massengill (So), G Westbrook (Jr), W Davis (Jr), F Collins (So), C Kushkituah (Jr)
main bench: G ZGreen (So), C Key (Fr), C Saunders (Fr)
rest: W Burrell (So), C Harris (Sr)

Reaction Score
Not that having too many guards has ever been an issue for OSU, but they currently have two guards committed for the 2019 season, one freshmen guard on the team, and are in on Horston, Cooke, and Blackwell...so not sure they'd have room unless they start to feel they are going to miss out on those three.

Miss St. seems like a good space for her to start fresh. Vic is a good coach, she'd be in for big coaching change ha.

Her final six in high school were: SEC schools Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Florida, Kentucky and Texas A&M.[/

Reaction Score
Staley apparently has no issue taking in a player who couldn't behave herself at Tennessee...

To be quite honest Cooper honestly should have committed to dawn out of High School. Better coaching and learning from someone of Dawns background.

Te’a seems to have gotten her head on straight and could have a very good year: see for yourself —>
Te'a Cooper, Finding The light (Part 2 of 2)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
TN 18-19 roster:

Big loss for Tennessee....even more inexperienced roster now with Hayes being out. Davis and Westbrook need to have made big strides in the offseason if Tennessee has a shot at winning the SEC. Rotation will likely consist of just 2 upperclassmen with the rest being all freshmen and sophomores.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Big loss for Tennessee....even more inexperienced roster now with Hayes being out. Davis and Westbrook need to have made big strides in the offseason if Tennessee has a shot at winning the SEC. Rotation will likely consist of just 2 upperclassmen with the rest being all freshmen and sophomores.
I think 3rd or 4th in the SEC would be a nice accomplishment.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think 3rd or 4th in the SEC would be a nice accomplishment.
Agreed. Even with her on the roster, Tenn have next to no shot to win the SEC. 3rd or 4th would be a solid accomplishment for them. It will be fun to see who can beat them in their conference this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom