Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is literally no indication which school he will pick, but BY gonna BY.
Seriously. What actual new information has actually come out? We knew roughly what we offered, we knew roughly what Pitt would offer, and we were the leaders. Now, suddenly, just because time has passed, we're doomed?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
either it's done and all of this is smoke and last ditch efforts from his agent or we swung and miss on something we thought was a done deal for a while.

So the inside info is we either got him or we don't got him? Thanks...

Reaction Score
Look, bub, I live out of state and have for 30 years. I don't pay one red cent in CT taxes. Know what ? I have been donating to the UConn Fund for 20 of those years. Fact is, my donations are funding UConn basketball infinitely more than your taxes. Get bent

I fairly certain you have not donated more than state taxpayers have paid - and the UConn Senate University Budget Committee (SUBC) says as much.
https://senate.uconn.edu/wp-content...Senate-UBC-Report-on-AD-Subsidy-to-Senate.pdf

On the whole the UConn athletic department is now heavily subsidized. If your aren't familiar with public budgeting terminology, in this case "subsidy" means State appropriations to UConn. ANd for the record, this doesn't even account for capital expenditure (like the Gample roof). ;)

- Between 2005 and 2017, expenditures for the AD grew 70% from $47 million to $80 million.
- During this same period, despite numerous high-profile achievements in women’s and men’s basketball, earned revenues increased by less than 10%.
- Fairly stagnant revenues meant that most (83%) of the $33 million increase in the Athletics budget has been subsidized by UConn; an additional $8.3 million comes from mandatory student fees.
- The subsidy has increased by a factor of almost nine from $3.5 million in 2005 to an estimated $31 million in 2017.
- The extent to which the AD budget is subsidized grew from 7.3% in 2005 to 38.6% in 2017.

- Only one of UConn’s sports teams—men’s basketball—receives sufficient direct revenues to cover its costs.
- Despite the outstanding achievements made by the women’s basketball team during the period of analysis, the low revenues for women’s sports compared to men’s, resulted in the team being subsidized.
- UConn’s football team was the team with the largest deficit in absolute dollar terms, requiring a subsidy of $7.5 million for 2014.​

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, UConn does not lose to Pitt. Don't get sucked into the click bait. Let it play out.

Reaction Score
I love that this meltdown started because someone on the URI forum saw someone on the Pitt forum say they were confident of Hurley being announced tomorrow. Pay no mind to the national and local journalists who still think it’s up in the air. Never change Boneyard!
We as a fan base have severe ptsd. I’m trying to talk myself off the ledge right now lol

Reaction Score
So the inside info is we either got him or we don't got him? Thanks...
more like we had him and got blindsided by Pitt's offer. Which means our entire athletic department is incompetent. I'm hoping it's all noise and it's still a done deal like it supposedly was yesterday

Reaction Score
either it's done and all of this is smoke and last ditch efforts from his agent or we swung and miss on something we thought was a done deal for a while.
$5 million over the life of a contract is hard to beat....it sucks and I’m not happy about it at all...but when Pitt went all in it was gonna be hard for DB to match

Reaction Score
The only thing sillier than this that I can remember was the 3-4 days it took for the Red Sox to trade for Adrian Gonzalez. Twitter/Red Sox internet land was a mess.

TheMark Texeira sweepstakes was something else too.

This one is up there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You said the P5 is where the money is.

I said Villanova is not in the P5 and pays jay wright a hefty chunk.

Please continue to try and superjohn your way out of what you said though. It’s entertaining
I said that those who want to drop football are thinking short term because eventually P5 resources will move the cost of A list coaches out of the G5 price range. You said Nova pays Wright $2.4M.
missed-the-point.png

Don't muck up this thread with your cesspool nonsense posts, okay?

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Seriously. What actual new information has actually come out? We knew roughly what we offered, we knew roughly what Pitt would offer, and we were the leaders. Now, suddenly, just because time has passed, we're doomed?

Well there was that “insider” post on the URI forum that said he was going to Pitt, so we are going to ignore every other “insider” post on there saying he was coming here or staying at URI and instead panic.

Reaction Score
more like we had him and got blindsided by Pitt's offer. Which means our entire athletic department is incompetent. I'm hoping it's all noise and it's still a done deal like it supposedly was yesterday
I don't buy this narrative. It has been reported multiple places that UConn made their pitch and offer on Monday and have felt good about it the whole way. They aren't idiots; they knew Pitt would come swinging with ACC money. They knew that going in. Maybe we lose him but i don't think we got "blindsided" here

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score

Do you seriously think UConn didn’t expect Pitt to offer 3mil plus? Every analyst in the world has said that Pitt can offer more money. UConn never had a clue though, definitely!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom