Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MI0001406443.jpg
Oats to the Hall confirmed.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He seemed pretty cool with staying from everything I’ve read and heard him say...so I was surprised he even interviewed. It’s a 3 hour drive to Pitt from UB but I don’t get the sense he’s trying to go anywhere.

He strikes as the kind of guy who would relish the chance at Pitt.

But you know way more about him than I do.

the Q

Reaction Score
Of all the absurd names thrown out there by the BY, none were as bad as Scheyer.

JT3 or Tubby isn't a terrible idea if you know they're gonna get ousted in 3 years when the program is back on their feet.

But again, this job screams Oats. He has the balls to want to take this on. And they'd be a tournament team by the time Segu and Jeenathan Williams were seniors.

the Q

Reaction Score
You're welcome, Monquencio.

Obviously liked him when he was here.

I posted in the other thread, Q is a short hand for a nickname i got for my haircut.

Even at after school latch key the supervisor would put "Ball, Q" in the sign-in/attendance sheet we had to sign into each day. I wanted to just have Q but one letter names were not allowed.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Selfishly I’m good with that: the 2 best local programs keep their good coaches and UConn snags Hurley.

Other than them offering ME the job at Pitt, which I’d gladly take for $2 Schmil on a discount, it’s about the best coaching carousel results I could ask for.

the Q

Reaction Score
Selfishly I’m good with that: the 2 best local programs keep their good coaches and UConn snags Hurley.

Other than them offering ME the job at Pitt, which I’d gladly take for $2 Schmil on a discount, it’s about the best coaching carousel results I could ask for.

I got a staff ready to go if Pitt calls me.

Even chief would have a role.

Reaction Score
I know we're on our great quest to make this the single most awesome thread in Boneyard history, but is it worthwhile to make a Coaching Carousel thread to just keep up on all the hirings/firings?

Reaction Score
Any coach coming in has to build a staff, recruit 9 players--and it's not really like you can just re-recruit the old players since they were 0-18--and do so with only two official visits.

It's going to be a whole team of Onuarah's next year.
I'm revising this. I think it is more likely that the new Pitt players will treat playing in the ACC like the 1992 olympians treated the Dream Team.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
There are windows that encourage resolution. But to me, taking the meeting with the AD is a slam dunk. He lays out his basis for cause and you need to do is listen. You then ask for the appeal to Suzie and try to reach an agreement. If not take the meeting, then ask for arbitration, and try to settle. None of this is really point of no return.

Sure, it can be settled at any stage in the proceedings, right up to the 11th hour right before or even during a trial. However, somebody here who professed to be privy to "insider" stuff claimed there had been little to no communication between the two sides so far.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sure, it can be settled at any stage in the proceedings, right up to the 11th hour right before or even during a trial. However, somebody here who professed to be privy to "insider" stuff claimed there had been little to no communication between the two sides so far.
Doesn't surprise me. I think that they are more likely to settle after there hear the specifics of UConn's basis for dismissal than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom