Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 200 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In theory, this team is better and deeper. Everyone that played last year is a year stronger and better and we trade Saniya for Azura. We also added the #1 player out of high school. If Walker suddenly "gets it", everyone else is done. If not, we are vulnerable, but not as much as last year. And, of course, you have to hope for no injuries.

My biggest concern with the teams that remain is Notre Dame. For "some reason" they are our kryptonite. Another thing to note is that most of our exits from the tournament came in the semi-final game. Second most was the elite 8 game. We have never lost in the championship game. Odd, no? Well, I think there are two reasons. First, it is tough to prepare for us on short notice. The second reason has something to do with the fact that we almost always get bounced by a team coached by a woman (last year and many years ago against Iowa State are notable exceptions). It is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. The percentage of this phenomenon is higher than the percentage of women coaching on the women's side. And I will just note that many refs are women. And while people will take that as a conspiracy theory, I will point to human nature and sub-conscious biases. So why does that explain no losses in the championship game? Too many eyes watching. I think the refs are extra aware to make sure they don't let their personal biases affect how they call the game. In the semi-final games we have lost, we have always "played poorly". I will note that, often, the game was also physical and not many calls went our way. A physical game somewhat negates a talent and skill advantage and uneven calls is a just a direct killer. If you are getting hacked and the calls aren't being called, you tend to "play poorly". We are not THAT much better than ND to overcome that, when it occurs.
My concern is Ville. That team figured UConn out in second half at Storrs and plays the type of d that neutralizes the offensive flow of UConn.

Reaction Score
tenor.gif

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I used to play that game at the student center, lol!

That could have been an ad for the food trucks when I was at UConn. Two chili cheese dogs, a bag of bbq potato chips, and an ice cold coke in a glass bottle. I called it, "the room clearer."

I always hated having people sit right next to me in classes with stadium seating. Didn't have that problem after lunch.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
IMO, they won't settle before this meeting.

If they don't, it's liable to be a long, hard and rocky ride to a resolution. It could still be dragging on into next season and beyond. I really hope it doesn't, for all parties concerned.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I've never had a problem with criticism. You'll recall I tried really, really hard to carve out a spot for people that want to analyze the games in depth, complete with criticism. But I don't understand why the people that criticize the most are mostly silent or who need to pick out one or two bad thingsafter a fantastic game. It's as though they can't see anything good about the team unless it's perfect - and that's not going to happen. The constant drumbeat of criticism also dilutes it's effectiveness. If someone just complains all the time, it's just whining and not commentary.

You're not a problem. I didn't even know you posted over here until recently.

Maybe the chronic complaining perfection seekers are a by-product of Geno's own continuous search for perfection in the games, Nan? Could they be following his lead? That's his own self-imposed standard the team plays against. Of course, it's unattainable, although sometimes we come really close, like tonight vs. South Carolina.

IDK, food for thought, perhaps?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If you've been watching them play, you can see there are reasons to be a least a little concerned. Their offense has been down.

Only the UConn women can score over 200 points in the first two games of the tournament and be told their offense is down.
Miss. St. Concerns me too but I think revenge will be a factor. They will get their butts whipped.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Are we close to eclipsing page views for the Diallo thread? Can't see the number of views on mobile version, only that it's still second.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I think geno would prefer Louisville just to avoid that whole “revenge” distraction.

I enjoyed his comments after the game. But I loved how loose this team was. You know the 2002 team wouldn’t be playing with confetti like 3 year olds in a sandbox.

Considering how tight they were last year at the FF, this is a good sign IMO.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They would laugh to be honest, but they both have earthy senses of humor. I got 'The Book of Farts" for my birthday once. My grandfather gave my dad a book of Outhouses Throughout the Centuries. Probably where I got it from.

I had a principal who insisted on personally doing read aloud with at least one class a day, with the students picking the book. Every year my students picked, "Everybody Poops!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom