Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 198 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Right, which is why I'm more optimistic than I probably should be, particularly if Adams is back.

The stars seemed to align with this one.

Yes. With Jalen, with a healthy, relatively effective Gilbert (huge if), with the new recruits, this season will be very watchable. I really would like another PG though (whether Akinjo or somebody else).

Such a weird scholarship mix. 1 free this year, 2 free next year. So overloaded.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Such a weird scholarship mix. 1 free this year, 2 free next year. So overloaded.

To continue the conversation with myself...

We also really need to hope we don't get docked a scholarship by the NCAA for anything. We are so skint as it is.

It would be one thing if the guys were all 4star with some 5stars thrown in, but they are not. We need a talent injection.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How do we allow there to be a place for serious discussion of basketball (yes, including flaws) on the women's board?

*you'll note that I never attack other posters or impugn their basketball knowledge on the women's board
I've never had a problem with criticism. You'll recall I tried really, really hard to carve out a spot for people that want to analyze the games in depth, complete with criticism. But I don't understand why the people that criticize the most are mostly silent or who need to pick out one or two bad thingsafter a fantastic game. It's as though they can't see anything good about the team unless it's perfect - and that's not going to happen. The constant drumbeat of criticism also dilutes it's effectiveness. If someone just complains all the time, it's just whining and not commentary.

I have been especially hard on the girls for a poor level of effort in last year's FF.

this year it's really just been more about stating the obvious

they're turning the ball over too much, they have little depth, and teams with good size are going to give them trouble.
You're not a problem. I didn't even know you posted over here until recently.

Reaction Score
To continue the conversation with myself...

We also really need to hope we don't get docked a scholarship by the NCAA for anything. We are so skint as it is.

It would be one thing if the guys were all 4star with some 5stars thrown in, but they are not. We need a talent injection.
I want everyone who wants to be back to be back.

If they get a scholarship reduction, it's probably in the best interest of the program that this not be the case, sad as that is.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My parents are 75 and HUGE womens fans (mens fans too) and when I think of the womens board i think of how pissed I would be if people gave my parents a hard time on a message board when trying to talk about one of their passions. They know nothing of trolling or the combativeness of messageboards/social media in 2018. Nor should they.
Well, send them on over. We'll try to be on our good behavior for them.
The mens board and cesspool on the other hand are rife with idiots.
The men's board, and the football board, aren't bad. I've been spending more time here this season because I'm a fan of the guys, too. The cesspool - I tried to have actual conversations there a few times but it's basically people yelling at each other. Ah, no thanks.

Reaction Score
Yeah...it was a poorly constructed team as it was. It really only had 2 wing players and then 4 guards and a bunch of bigs, clearly hoping one or two would pan out. Not really a smart way to construct a team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just close up shop.

E37.gif

NB: this would probably not fly on the women's board

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The men's board, and the football board, aren't bad. I've been spending more time here this season because I'm a fan of the guys, too. The cesspool - I tried to have actual conversations there a few times but it's basically people yelling at each other. Ah, no thanks.

Not gonna lie, this was a TOUGH year to start spending more time over here...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Would you show it to your parents?

They would laugh to be honest, but they both have earthy senses of humor. I got 'The Book of Farts" for my birthday once. My grandfather gave my dad a book of Outhouses Throughout the Centuries. Probably where I got it from.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Not a good start.

But maybe the grad transfer market wouldn’t be the worst way to get year 1 started.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They would laugh to be honest, but they both have earthy senses of humor. I got 'The Book of Farts" for my birthday once. My grandfather gave my dad a book of Outhouses Throughout the Centuries. Probably where I got it from.
OK, would you show it to your grandparents?

Me, I'm ok with it but the 80-somethings, hmmm, maybe not

intlzncster

Reaction Score
OK, would you show it to your grandparents?

Me, I'm ok with it but the 80-somethings, hmmm, maybe not

Yeah, I was just making a joke vis a vis the current conversation. Not intentionally being mean spirited. One side of the family would have liked it, but the other probably not.

Me, I don't have a problem with the women's board myself. Only one issue a few years ago. So no big deal overall.

I posted there a lot back in the Taurasi/TN years. Less so as the years went on, which is simply a time thing.

Looking forward to the game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc