So, You Hit Megamillions for $1.6B | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, You Hit Megamillions for $1.6B

Reaction Score
I would also make sure to put away $100 for the guy I hate at work and give everyone else like ten grand just because he's an
You are aware that youd be sued right? lol Ive read stories of people winning the lottery and having to deal with lawsuits from just about everyone theyve ever come across. They end up paying sometimes because far cheaper than the legal fees of a back and forth between lawyers.
Im not sure what id do with the money. Maybe get a set of really expensive golf clubs. I dont play its just what most rich people do.

Reaction Score
You are aware that youd be sued right? lol Ive read stories of people winning the lottery and having to deal with lawsuits from just about everyone theyve ever come across. They end up paying sometimes because far cheaper than the legal fees of a back and forth between lawyers.
Im not sure what id do with the money. Maybe get a set of really expensive golf clubs. I dont play its just what most rich people do.
That's why you put it all into a trust

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have thought about this before. If it's $1.6b then you're probably going to get about $700mm if you take the cash option or $1.1bb if you take the annuity. There is plenty of money to throw around. I would probably give away about $100mm to friends/family as a one time, you are never bothering me for money ever again, and then I'd probably spread out another $100mm in donations. At that point you still have $500mm. Live on the 5% interest and never touch the principle again. Even at 5% annually you can donate additional millions every year and it would be plenty of money to get your name on a building and help the school

I would also make sure to put away $100 for the guy I hate at work and give everyone else like ten grand just because he's an
What safe vehicle offers 5%?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would request itemized invoices of the expenses that kept the Yard going for 20 years and reimburse everyone.

I then would give $100,000 to each of my Top 15 fave Yarders.
You are a really swell guy Dove!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When you have $500,000,000 banks will give you higher interest just to keep your money with them.
How much of that is FDIC insured?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd want to pony up the cash to name a building "The Boneyard" mostly because I know they'd cringe, but they'd take the cash.

Yeah, I know, it's not my best trait, but as a billionaire I'd embrace it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would request itemized invoices of the expenses that kept the Yard going for 20 years and reimburse everyone.

I then would give $100,000 to each of my Top 15 fave Yarders.
Have I mentioned that you are not only a very interesting poster, but a very generous one as well?

Reaction Score
I won't give UConn a dime. They sold me a brick with my name on it on campus when I graduated and never delivered. They used the money for something else. No trust.

It's there... you just have to look @ all the new buildings to find it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
$700M lump sum distribution.

$50M kept for personal use;
$50M distributed to friends/family;
$100M to create a UConn athletic coaching salary fund w/requirement that we finally spend money needed for good football assistants;
$100M to endowment;
$200M UConn sports facilities renovation fund;
$200M ASPCA (animal lover)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’d buy season tickets and donate them, but that’s about it.

Lots would go to charity, but I’d rather help cure a disease or help people in need than further what is already excessive spending by UConn.

I would get a pair of club seats for the Patriots, and probably a Porsche Macan for me and Range Rover Sport for my wife.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I hope someone from CT wins. The state could use the 640 million or so in taxes.

No way, they would piss it away as they usually would. Now I would help UConn all I could after taking care of family and close friends.

Buy our way into either the Big Ten or ACC. Have to grease the pockets and that would happen.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Lump sum is 904million. 37% tax rate leaves you with 569m. Ct takes more.. not sure how much. But it doesn't matter for me cause I'm on vacation in one of the 6 states that do not allow lotteries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom