So, You Hit Megamillions for $1.6B | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So, You Hit Megamillions for $1.6B

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Have I mentioned how the BY wasn't the same when you weren't posting? Good to have you back buddy!

I missed you too. You get a million. ;)

Reaction Score
Lump sum is 904million. 37% tax rate leaves you with 569m. Ct takes more.. not sure how much. But it doesn't matter for me cause I'm on vacation in one of the 6 states that do not allow lotteries.
CT would take 6.99% according to the Google. So they would like $60mm of it I guess. Obviously you buy a shack in FL where there is no income tax for 30k and declare residency there. But does CT actually get a cut too?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Lump sum is 904million. 37% tax rate leaves you with 569m. Ct takes more.. not sure how much. But it doesn't matter for me cause I'm on vacation in one of the 6 states that do not allow lotteries.

Not a specific shot at jleves, but I love when people talk about "dont forget the taxes!!!" on this stuff. So...leaving me with 500 million dollars.

I'll be ok. I'd make it on that, I think. How much money do you need?

(I'd build a multi-purpose arena on campus)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not a specific shot at jleves, but I love when people talk about "dont forget the taxes!!!" on this stuff. So...leaving me with 500 million dollars.

Definitely not complaining about the taxes. Just wanted to set the amount as people where kind of guessing. If you can't live on 500m something is very wrong.

I am complaining that I can't buy a ticket.... that's a lot of entertainment for 2bucks. Three or four days of spending a half billion in your mind.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would request itemized invoices of the expenses that kept the Yard going for 20 years and reimburse everyone.

I then would give $100,000 to each of my Top 15 fave Yarders.

FWIW, you've always been my favorite poster.

Reaction Score
I’d buy season tickets and donate them, but that’s about it.

Lots would go to charity, but I’d rather help cure a disease or help people in need than further what is already excessive spending by UConn.

I would get a pair of club seats for the Patriots, and probably a Porsche Macan for me and Range Rover Sport for my wife.
Why not a Cayenne? You're getting your wife a full size SUV and yourself an entry level mid sized?

I happen to be looking at both right now to replace my lease at the end of 2019.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Way to cheap out. Can't pony up for separate venues? SMH.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I’d pay whatever it cost to fund a Divison one men’s lacrosse program w/best stadium/practice facilities in the history of college lax

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why not a Cayenne? You're getting your wife a full size SUV and yourself an entry level mid sized?

I happen to be looking at both right now to replace my lease at the end of 2019.

Entry level? It’s faster and handles better. https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/macan/macan-turbo-models-1/
Not really sure what I’d get, but smaller and more agile is more fun to drive.

I would also get myself a winter car, like a Lexus GX.

Reaction Score
I believe that winning the money would make your life a living hell, avoiding everyone who would be in your face constantly to get a piece if it. Gonna spend a lot of money for security. After that trying to figure out how to spend or donate it and that in itself is a full time job, one that is not fun because many who you reject will be worthy and ultimately disappointed in you. Being normal is essentially over, you need a gated fence or community at minimum to keep beggars out. But as what to do with it I think I would buy a vineyard in a distant place to go to in cold weather.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I believe that winning the money would make your life a living hell, avoiding everyone who would be in your face constantly to get a piece if it. Gonna spend a lot of money for security. After that trying to figure out how to spend or donate it and that in itself is a full time job, one that is not fun because many who you reject will be worthy and ultimately disappointed in you. Being normal is essentially over, you need a gated fence or community at minimum to keep beggars out. But as what to do with it I think I would buy a vineyard in a distant place to go to in cold weather.

Yes you’d have a lot of pathetic losers coming at you for money.

But pro athletes face that problem too. They somehow survive.

I’d buy a bunch of cash flowing assets like huge apartment buildings and live off the cash flow.

Or buy a pro sports team and make myself gm like jerry Jones

Reaction Score
Entry level? It’s faster and handles better. https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/macan/macan-turbo-models-1/
Not really sure what I’d get, but smaller and more agile is more fun to drive.

I would also get myself a winter car, like a Lexus GX.
Fair enough. My mind went to the Macan versus the Macan Turbo based on what you had said. Macan starts at mid 50's I believe. Range Rover Sport is in the 70's.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have thought about this before. If it's $1.6b then you're probably going to get about $700mm if you take the cash option or $1.1bb if you take the annuity. There is plenty of money to throw around. I would probably give away about $100mm to friends/family as a one time, you are never bothering me for money ever again, and then I'd probably spread out another $100mm in donations. At that point you still have $500mm. Live on the 5% interest and never touch the principle again. Even at 5% annually you can donate additional millions every year and it would be plenty of money to get your name on a building and help the school

I would also make sure to put away $100 for the guy I hate at work and give everyone else like ten grand just because he's an

Can you point me in the direction of the magic 5% interest? Thanks.

Reaction Score
I would build an on campus football stadium. And bring an MLS team to The Rent.

Reaction Score
Can you point me in the direction of the magic 5% interest? Thanks.
get yourself $500mm and you'll be able to find 5% interest. Even if you go with a crappy run of the mill CD you'll see almost 3%. That's over $13mm at the end of a 12 or 15 month term

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
get yourself $500mm and you'll be able to find 5% interest. Even if you go with a crappy run of the mill CD you'll see almost 3%. That's over $13mm at the end of a 12 or 15 month term

They can borrow from the fed for just over half your mythical 5.

Reaction Score
Taxable

CL82

Reaction Score
I think I could muddle through.

CL82

Reaction Score
yeah I wouldn't exactly be crying about having to pay taxes on million dollar gains lol
Believe me, you would.

Reaction Score
Believe me, you would.
lol no I wouldn't. They could tax the gains at 70% and it's still comes out to $1mm annually for doing literally nothing

the most frustrating part of the taxes would be hiring someone to make sure they don't mess it up. Personally, since I'm still in my 20's I'd probably just take the annuity. No, it wouldn't let you maximize your profits but at $1.1b do you really need to maximize profit down to the last dollar?

CL82

Reaction Score
lol no I wouldn't. They could tax the gains at 70% and it's still comes out to $1mm annually for doing literally nothing

the most frustrating part of the taxes would be hiring someone to make sure they don't mess it up. Personally, since I'm still in my 20's I'd probably just take the annuity. No, it wouldn't let you maximize your profits but at $1.1b do you really need to maximize profit down to the last dollar?
Agree with second paragraph. Disagree with the first. It comes with the territory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom