So, what can we complain about tonight? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So, what can we complain about tonight?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
so.....technically, the "dot" for Script Ohio is a sOusaphone? I'm sending a letter to the Big 10.
As a guy who can truthfully sat my son and my money went to the University of Michigan, I can truly say that A Ohio State
University has a lot of trouble dotting Is and crossing ts.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm a retired band director. I know they are sousaphones. We had shoulder convertible tubas. One of our sons is a former Husky Band trombone player.
It takes insiders to know the difference.

Reaction Score
Complaints? Hartford does a really chitty job clearly snow from the pedestrian areas at intersections.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
How bout a little cheese with your wine

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Sick of that Cadilac commercial. That music flashbacks me back to last year, being isolated and praying all day that our game would go on. Future games this year on Fox and ESPN, so thankfully I can rehab my brain.

Reaction Score
so.....technically, the "dot" for Script Ohio is a sOusaphone? I'm sending a letter to the Big 10.
Yes, I looked it up and it is a 4th or 5th-year band member with a sousaphone. I graduated from Ohio State and saw many a football game while I was there and I always thought it was a tuba. The things you learn on this board.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, I looked it up and it is a 4th or 5th-year band member with a sousaphone. I graduated from Ohio State and saw many a football game while I was there and I always thought it was a tuba. The things you learn on this board.
I learned there are concert versions of an instrument that are different from the marching band version. My son played baritone horn, a smaller tuba in a concert setting, but it looks like a big trumpet in the marching band version. The marching French horn looks like a big trumpet with a wider opening. Who knew?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yeah, i got another crow to pluck, is the complaint window still open?

most of us thought, wrongly, that yesterday's game would be forever memorialized as The Return of Buckets. but lo, and silly us, twas not to be.
apparently, it is instead known as the game rekindling the Great Sousa or Tuba Controversy. i mean, seriously, a renegade gang of blowhards swiping the stage by awakening this age old turf war, and drawing in the attention and good will of folks who, once upon a time, played in their high school bands. an unexpected and nasty turn of events, kind of like that two stage epoxy stuff that rained/snowed/sleeted/iced down upon us casual mortals yesterday, and now is all ice station zebra around us.

wind instrumentalists. truer words never spoken. lol.
if the window is still open, please don't tell me, when i reach the front of the line, to go to Helen Waite. i'm tired of talking to her cuz nuthin ever gets fixed.

Reaction Score
Ducharme's outside shooting............her touch is just not there at the moment..........it's really important for her to get that going so they will have three legit three-point shooters plus CFW and Evina...........she certainly hasn't let it affect her layups off the drive though.......she rarely misses.
Someone is missing the humor gene.

Reaction Score
yeah, i got another crow to pluck, is the complaint window still open?

most of us thought, wrongly, that yesterday's game would be forever memorialized as The Return of Buckets. but lo, and silly us, twas not to be.
apparently, it is instead known as the game rekindling the Great Sousa or Tuba Controversy. i mean, seriously, a renegade gang of blowhards swiping the stage by awakening this age old turf war, and drawing in the attention and good will of folks who, once upon a time, played in their high school bands. an unexpected and nasty turn of events, kind of like that two stage epoxy stuff that rained/snowed/sleeted/iced down upon us casual mortals yesterday, and now is all ice station zebra around us.

wind instrumentalists. truer words never spoken. lol.
if the window is still open, please don't tell me, when i reach the front of the line, to go to Helen Waite. i'm tired of talking to her cuz nuthin ever gets fixed.
Team Sousaphone here, high school marching and concert band.
And just to stir the pot a bit more - traditional brass over fiberglas...all those dents in a high school horn just add color to the sound.
Go Low Brass!

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Too many braids in Paige’s hairdo?
Dance team unis not sparkly enough?
Not enough tubas in the pep band?
You can never have enough tubas in the pep band. :D

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
All this band talk sparked this memory....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I burned the bacon for my Bacon, chicken, mushroom pizza. Don't worry. The pizza JuJu is still working. Except for Mr. Rowdy asking for Hawaiian pizza for the Villanova game. I hate Hawaiian pizza. I told him if we lose to Villanova, I will NEVER make it again. Problem solved.
I'm a NY-er. To me Hawaiian pizza is an oxymoron. Something like NY Poke which uses raw frankfurters.

Reaction Score
My only complaint would be this was a quick game. The refs only called a total of 15 fouls. I guess they had plans too! ;) :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom