So, what can we complain about tonight? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, what can we complain about tonight?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yeah, i got complaints. plenty of them.
leaving aside the various and sundry indignities imposed upon me by life today, including that stuff that fell from the sky and my dinner not being 'melted cheese sandwiches' as promised -it had an unmelty cheese profile and i had to eat raw cheese (the horror!), my complaint is, 'can they please not wipe out the game in the first handful of minutes?!?!' i turned it on and the score was like 50 to squattola. borrrrriiiinnnnggggg.
on the udder hand, they are rounding into championship form, so there's that.

i had to use the microwave.
entree and microwave should never be words used in the same sentence.
the things we have to suffer thru as fans.

Reaction Score
I burned the bacon for my Bacon, chicken, mushroom pizza. Don't worry. The pizza JuJu is still working. Except for Mr. Rowdy asking for Hawaiian pizza for the Villanova game. I hate Hawaiian pizza. I told him if we lose to Villanova, I will NEVER make it again. Problem solved.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Wife and I were driving home during the first half. Couldn’t get the Fox sports app to show the game on my phone. At least we got to see the second half.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's all about the TUBAS!!!!!!!!
As a former Husky Marching Band Sousaphone player, my complaint tonight is about all the music illiterates who don’t know a tuba from a Sousaphone. Them’s be Sousaphones in the pep band.

And Paige kept a pretty good point per minute average going tonight for slacker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This team just doesn't have a killer instinct. How can you win by 55 and not score 100?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As a former Husky Marching Band Sousaphone player, my complaint tonight is about all the music illiterates who don’t know a tuba from a Sousaphone. Them’s be Sousaphones in the pep band.

And Paige kept a pretty point per minute average going tonight for slacker.
My son played the baritone horn for Cheshire Marching band so I know the difference between a Sousaphone and a tuba. But they don’t show the band on TV.

LBKA

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My son played the baritone horn for Cheshire Marching band so I know the difference between a Sousaphone and a tuba. But they don’t show the band on TV.

LBKA
Nah. Everyone who doesn’t know better thinks a sousaphone is a tuba whether they can see the instrument or not. Years ago my son bought me a T shirt that had a silhouette of a Sousaphone with the declaration this is a Sousaphone. I played a tuba as well. For those millions dying to know the difference, both sound exactly the same but a tuba is an orchestra instrument held in the lap with a bell that usually points straight up, while a Sousaphone is that big thing sitting on the shoulder with a big bell pointing in a curved forward. John Phillip Sousa invented it because he wanted the tuba scale in a military band and a tuba is pretty much impossible to march around with.

And there is always someone starting a wise guy thread about complaints after an 85% perfect game. And I think Maisel lost its way. So there.

Reaction Score
Nah. Everyone who doesn’t know better thinks a sousaphone is a tuba whether they can see the instrument or not. Years ago my son bought me a T shirt that had a silhouette of a Sousaphone with the declaration this is a Sousaphone. I played a tuba as well. For those millions dying to know the difference, both sound exactly the same but a tuba is an orchestra instrument held in the lap with a bell that usually points straight up, while a Sousaphone is that big thing sitting on the shoulder with a big bell pointing in a curved forward. John Phillip Sousa invented it because he wanted the tuba scale in a military band and a tuba is pretty much impossible to march around with.

And there is always someone starting a wise guy thread about complaints after an 85% perfect game. And I think Maisel lost its way. So there.
so.....technically, the "dot" for Script Ohio is a sOusaphone? I'm sending a letter to the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Too many braids in Paige’s hairdo?
Dance team unis not sparkly enough?
Not enough tubas in the pep band?
We can complain that there was nothing to complain about.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

And Paige kept a pretty good point per minute average going tonight for slacker.

I'm a retired band director. I know they are sousaphones. We had shoulder convertible tubas. One of our sons is a former Husky Band trombone player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom