So are we on schedule? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

So are we on schedule?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To my eye, I’m not ready to throw Zergiotis out ... and I’m anxious to see what’s next for Krajewski.
I agree with this. Players get better.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If A.D. Dave had a spine, he'd hire Dann O. as Offensive Coordinator-Quarterback Coach & tell HCRE hands off on Dan's decision making. Dan was the only UConn qb in recent memory who had the moxie to call audibles on the field & take Randy's verbal abuse when he came off of the field. AND, his plays usually worked!
Why would he leave his sweet ESPN gig to take this mess on?

Reaction Score
Revisionist history from a former Diaco cheerleader. He was a transfer from NC State and he was filling a big void. Diaco was a buffoon but he actually went out and found a kid from a P5 school (even though he was a backup) to transfer to Uconn. I would say that getting BS to Uconn was the only thing that Diaco did right while he was here.

Shireffs was a warrior and took way more shots because of the ineptitude of the coaching coaching and scheme and more so because Diaco did not recruit a single D1 quality O-lineman.
Our offensive line is made up of Diaco recruits. Diaco could not recruit any defensive players. It was Coach P that could recruit a offensive lineman.

Reaction Score
The effort against Illinois shows that we are raising the bar, though it's by 1/100th of an inch. So we will be fully REstorred when our great grandkids are on campus.

Reaction Score
He continues to kick the can down the road while Benedict looks the other way. It's as if the 5 year plan reboots every fall and he gets to cash $1MM checks. That's a VERY impressive retirement plan he's got

I agree with a lot of the criticism but i don't know how you say it reboots when it hasn't been 5 years yet. Disagree that he deserves all this time all you want, its a fair argument, but he's been pretty consistent, and so have the people who have said we should give him more time.

On schedule is hard to say. There's a lot of question marks going forward. I dont think anyone can look at this roster and say there's this clear cut path to being good. However, progress isn't linear. Edsall 1.0 took a huge jump midway through 2002. There's been other examples of rebuilds posted here quite a bit of having a couple of dismal years and then being very good very suddenly.

For me, the aftermath of the season plays a big role in whether he should be back or not. If its a mass exodus of guys you need to make a change. If it looks like guys have still bought in I'd give him one more year. But next year there should be substantial growth in some areas, and there needs to be much more improvement than there was between last year and this year. D-Line for instance, is going to be a pretty experienced unit of Edsall recruits. They need to be good next year. If certain units can take that jump and be a strength, that should make things easier on other positions that aren't as strong or that we need to still play freshmen and sophomores.

Reaction Score
What exactly is the schedule? The QB position, a FB team's most important one, is in worse shape than when Randy got here. As this year closes out and we head into year 4, we don't even know if we have anyone that can really play the position. Z misses way too many open guys. His footwork is an awful mess. Beaudry i doubt will be here next year and Krajewski got hurt the 1st time he got extensive run.

I've been big on bringing Randy back for a 4th year, but you need a magnifying glass to see any sort of tangible progress. He has been worse than wacky Bob.
On Schedule for disbanding the team? Yes, but I think it is time to Disband Randy2.0 and get a new Coaching staff...DB, time fot you to open your SEC booklet and get an assistant Coach.

Reaction Score
I still scratch my head at the number of people committed to selling low.

Right now, we have nothing to offer any coach worth having. So, long as Edsall csn remain committed and not take up the PP/GDL retirement plan, I am confident that he knows how to get the program off the mat. By that, I mean not a laughingstock that merits consideration by recruits, fans, media, and potential coaches.

He gets one more year to show progress. Not giving it to him for some unknown and hitting reset yet again would doom the Program forever.

Keeping RE here for another year will DOOM the program forever...

Reaction Score
Not throwing him out, but there is a serious problem when your QB is overthrowing an open WR by 5 to 10yds. I'm seeing a similar arc to Boyle. Arm talent? Check. Afraid to make mistake? Check.

The funny thing is, of all the FBS coaches we had, P probably had the best eye for QB talent.

Huh? He started a walk on QB for some bizarre reason when he had 12 NFL players in 2011. How that team went 5-7 is mind boggling. Why the hell did he start trick shot at QB?

Reaction Score
I agree with a lot of the criticism but i don't know how you say it reboots when it hasn't been 5 years yet. Disagree that he deserves all this time all you want, its a fair argument, but he's been pretty consistent, and so have the people who have said we should give him more time.

Waiting until today to tell the world that the guy he wanted to start at QB has been out all season (Leon) is his way of punting this season away.

The old saying of "if you have more than 1 QB you don't have any QB" could never be more accurate given our situation.

Him telling the world TODAY that he didn't have the QB he thought was the best of the bunch is typical RE placing blame somewhere else

Reaction Score
Huh? He started a walk on QB for some bizarre reason when he had 12 NFL players in 2011. How that team went 5-7 is mind boggling. Why the hell did he start trick shot at QB?
I don't know. Stubborn that Nebrich wasn't "his guy". He did land Boyle and Lagow in the same class.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Stubborn that Nebrich wasn't "his guy". He did land Boyle and Lagow in the same class.

Boyle fell into his lap when BC fired its coach and Addazio told Boyle he wasn’t a fit. He also still was in the big east and the program wasn’t terrible in 2011-2012 which I imagine made it exponentially easier to recruit. I don’t think he had a good eye for Quarterbacks in the slightest. Great defensive coordinator though.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not going to need some company to organize parking if there are only a couple hundred cars. They shouldnt even charge people to park at the game at this point.

Do you go to games?

I do and I am a season ticket holder and have been for number of years now. I don't like what is going on either, but all of you forget how bad it was with FCS talent in terms of speed and strength. When I saw the Maine game a couple of years ago, I said there is no real difference in talent, speed or strength. That is changing as I see the wide receivers, running back, defensive backs and both lines. Yes quarterback is still a problem but that should improve as I think Steve K is the quarterback of the future as did Dan O.

Reaction Score
Do you go to games?

I do and I am a season ticket holder and have been for number of years now. I don't like what is going on either, but all of you forget how bad it was with FCS talent in terms of speed and strength. When I saw the Maine game a couple of years ago, I said there is no real difference in talent, speed or strength. That is changing as I see the wide receivers, running back, defensive backs and both lines. Yes quarterback is still a problem but that should improve as I think Steve K is the quarterback of the future as did Dan O.

Did you watch the Wagner game?

Reaction Score
Edsall will get next year as there is so much uncertainty swirling around the program heading into independent status that hiring now would be very difficult. That said if/when the team wins >3 games in 2020 will anyone have the stones to say enough is enough? There is some talent on the team at spots, however not enough to consistently compete with the level of coaching they receive. JMO but they need to go with a young offensive minded coach the next time around. Need to put something exciting on the field that fans will want to watch regardless of W/L Record.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm just saying this because so many here are claiming that RE has significantly increased the talent level over his predecessor.

That is not an accurate statement at all.

It is impossible to win at ANY level without competent QB play. The fact that RE continues to whiff at this position is a clear indication of his recruiting failures.

We don't actually know yet. Diaco wasn't playing this many young kids. Maybe Randy is burying upperclassmen (Donaldson as WR) in favor of underclass reps, but the lack of contributing upperclassmen on the roster says RE was starting at zero.

That said I was expecting more from the DL this season than we are getting. I knew LB and QB would still be a problem.

Reaction Score
Do you go to games?

And that's great that you keep showing up despite the product on the field. I'm just talking about the less devoted people who dont necessarily want to watch a team get blown out by 45+ points a game that dont live in the Hartford area.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Boyle fell into his lap when BC fired its coach and Addazio told Boyle he wasn’t a fit. He also still was in the big east and the program wasn’t terrible in 2011-2012 which I imagine made it exponentially easier to recruit. I don’t think he had a good eye for Quarterbacks in the slightest. Great defensive coordinator though.
Did you watch the Wagner game?

unlike you I was there. The quarterback kept Wagner in the game, but lets ignore what actually happened because it doesn't fit your narrative.
Talent on the team is better under Edsall than Diaco, that is a fact.

Reaction Score
I think it is time for a change. If we compare last year to this year the offensive line returned almost everyone and was supposed to be the strength of this team due to all of the playing time last year. The defensive line and dbs played a ton last year. Are any of these position groups really any better? So we are giving up 45 ppg instead of 55? So next year we only give up 35 and maybe score 20? And win 3 games? I just don’t see real improvement that makes a 4th year worthwhile.

Reaction Score
unlike you I was there. The quarterback kept Wagner in the game, but lets ignore what actually happened because it doesn't fit your narrative.
Talent on the team is better under Edsall than Diaco, that is a fact.
No, that is an opinion. Diaco took them to bowl game in his 2nd season. Edsall hasn't come close to sniffing a bowl game his 2nd go round. THAT is a fact.

Reaction Score
Do you go to games?

But does Steven Krajewski have "IT"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom