Snow Totals and Stories: What you got? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Snow Totals and Stories: What you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My daughter was born on Thursday, we have been in the hospital here in Boston since then. This place has been a ghost town since early yesterday. If I see any zombies roaming around here you can bet I will be going more Shane than Rick.

Congrats! Forget this nemo crap. Name her Charlotte which is the actual proper name of this Blizzard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
My daughter was born on Thursday, we have been in the hospital here in Boston since then. This place has been a ghost town since early yesterday. If I see any zombies roaming around here you can bet I will be going more Shane than Rick.

Congrats to you and your family auggie........great news hope everyone is feeling well!!

Reaction Score
11" in NNJ. Main roads are scraped to blacktop and melting off any thin cover.

Reaction Score
Live on Provin Mountain in Feeding Hills MA Channel 22 tower is on the mountain right behind me......just took me 3 1/2 hours to dig and snow blow me and my neighbor out......29" and on a culdesac they just keep going around the circle to clean so the bottom of our driveways were 5-6 feet of solid .......I deserve a beer (case;))

Reaction Score
Could be another big storm around the 18th of February. Heard two meteorologists talking about ths morning on TV - we'll see if it pans out.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Dang...I miss that fluffy white stuff :(
0" in Pomona, Ca
We got some hail over here in Tujunga. It stayed on the ground for at least 5 minutes. I was kind of freaked out because he hadn't stocked up on milk and bread.

Reaction Score
About 32-38 inches here in my part of soutington with drifts north of 6 feet high. Havnt seen a plow since last night, not going anywhere soon and don't have cable.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Looks like about 3 feet in my apartment complex in Seymour. Really hoping we get a plow over here soon.

Reaction Score
WFSB is saying 33" here in Bristol....hard to tell with the drifting....but it was waste high in my driveway. You know it's a lot of snow when you have the largest snowblower Lowe's sells and you still have "pre-shovel" and knock the snow down before going over it with the machine because the snow is 2' taller than the snowblower. Took 3 hours to do the driveway...usually takes 30-40. Our street was plowed but barely wide enough for 1 car...so when they come by again, I'll be out there doing the end of the drive way again. We live on a corner of a "T", so we are super lucky that we get all this extra snow plowed into our driveway by the city!! No extra charge,

Reaction Score
You got to walk? We dreamed of walking! We had to crawl...through mud, and when it didn't rain, we had to carry water up from the creek to make our own mud. Walked, bah!

Oh and a little less than a foot in the people's republic of North Jersey.

Don't forget about the Indian attacks, I hated those.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Just about 30" Here in Stevenson. Had to take the window out of the storm door to clean off enough of the back porch to get the door open enough for my wife to squeeze out.

Last night between 9pm and 11:30, I swear a plow went by my house every 20 minutes. After that, I guess they just gave up. Not another until a single pass at about 6 this morning. It's after 2 pm now, and the road is still just that one lane wide. Haven't even heard a plow on Rte 34. Guy who does my snow blowing called. His road hasn't even been plowed yet. Hope I can get out by Monday AM.

My daughter lives across the dam in Oxford. Had a town plow broken down in front of her house all morning.

Reaction Score
hary2amu.jpg

On my back deck in Southington. Plow just came and l left an 8' pile on my front lawn.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
28-30 inches in Southbury and the snow thrower crapped the bed with a third of the driveway left to go.....Had to finish the old fashioned way. Not doing the front walk so hope we don't get visitors until Spring. At least two feet of snow on the road and no town plow yet....

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Well over 2 feet in West Hartford. I live on a main road and haven't seen a vehicle go by. The big problem for in storms like this is the berm the plows create at the end of the driveway, dense, packed snow from multiple passes all night long.

Oh, BTW, there are no such thing has hustling kids clearing snow anymore. Just landscapers everywhere.

All those kids grew up. And now own landscaping businesses.

Reaction Score
View attachment 2281
Just about 36 even on cedar lake in Chester. For scale those banisters leading to my garage are 42 inches high. See if you can spot my 2 cars below that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That lookslike a treacherous walk on a dry day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom