Snow Totals and Stories: What you got? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Snow Totals and Stories: What you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We got a s hit ton of snow here in Colcherster. We have a special ruler and after 24" the numbers read:
"too much"
"s hit ton"
"holy s hit"
and "apocalypse".

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
0 here in DC.

Zero for many winters here in south Texas. 72 and sunny yesterday, 68 today, with the windows open. It is overcast, cutting down on the temp.

Reaction Score
Had breakfast in Santa Monica this morning. Tell you what, i was NOT about to sit outside without a long sleeve t-shirt. It's barely 60 here.

Reaction Score
We got a s hit ton of snow here in Colcherster. We have a special ruler and after 24" the numbers read:
"too much"
"s hit ton"
"holy s hit"
and "apocalypse".[/quote

Just had a large pickup truck towed away with a blown tranny, still only 1 lane.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
24 to 30 inches in Glastonbury with drifts up to about 3 1/2'. When I was a kid, this would have been a 90 minute delay...
30-36 in Manchester. I live near hospital and my street hasn't seen a plow since the storm started. This is an epic but I seem te remember storms like this in the 60's and 70's or maybe it just seemed that way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No snow in Florida. I did shovel some dog shittt in the backyard. I did . NOT have any plugged balls today.

Reaction Score
Looks like about 3 feet in my apartment complex in Seymour. Really hoping we get a plow over here soon.
Yup. Seymour not in good shape. Town trucks getting stuck all over the place and most roads are not even plowed yet.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I live on Whitney ave in Hamden, the good news is that road at least is plowed. Bad news is the supers at my apartment have one mini bobcat thing and one snowblower, as of sundown today they had cleared the front sidewalk and just a little bit of the parking lot. There's nowhere to put the snow! People are digging their cars out but there's still ~3 feet of snow in the parking lot, driveway and side streets. And it's not just my building, I walked around and none of the other apartments and condos had their driveways / lots cleared. Hopefully by monday... I was hoping to go skiing tomorrow (either downhill or XC somewhere in CT) but it looks doubtful I'll be able to get the car out.

Didn't Punxatawny Phil predict an early spring? Though... I did see some robins frolicking in the trees today!

Reaction Score
Left my place in East Lyme on Thursday night to come up to Tolland and help my parents clear out after everything. Took me 2 and a half hours to clear the back deck, which is probably about 10' x 15'...drifts on the deck were 4-5 feet high. Probably had in the 30-36" range on level ground. Tomorrow I have to get back down to East Lyme and do the whole driveway...without a snowblower. Kill me now.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
We got some hail over here in Tujunga. It stayed on the ground for at least 5 minutes. I was kind of freaked out because he hadn't stocked up on milk and bread.
We had a little hail (along with rain) in San Diego yesterday (3" of snow in the mountains over 4000 feet. Partly cloudy today. I'm glad those of you in CT are safe.

Reaction Score
Around the Guilford-Old Saybrook area I would say about 30-36 inches. Fortunately it rained for 2 hours last night which would have been about 5 more inches. Bad part of the rain is it made the snow that much heavier and thats not good for plowing this much snow.

Was out plowing from 9am friday and just got home. Not even done with my contracts but have to wait for a payloader to be delivered because there is nowhere to put the snow and 2 of the 5 trucks last night the bed, 1 the transfer case went and I woudl say its 100% due to the amount and weight of the snow.

Anyone going around plowing drieways should charge their customers for more money. Even with a 1 ton truck you are going to put a ton of strain and wear and tear on your front end and vehicle.

I would say town and state plowing stopped around 930 last night and resumed about 6 am. At around 4-5 95 and route 1 were not touched and I saw 2 town dump truck plows stuck along with 4-5 regular plow trucks stuck on route 1 within a 2 mile stretch from Westbrook-old saybrook. Seashore construction had to take out their Cat 980 payloader to get the plows out. As of about 2 hours ago both route 1 and 95 were barely touched with 1 lane width.

Reaction Score
38 inches here in milford. My street isn't plowed so it looks like I'm stuck for a while.

Reaction Score
38 inches here in milford. My street isn't plowed so it looks like I'm stuck for a while.
According to some of the local TV weather guys, Milford wins the title with the most snow....congrats!!! :)

Reaction Score
36" + here in Meriden

We had our driveway and sidewalk done by 11:30 am.

No signs of a city plow yet.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
About19 inches here in Sandy Hook/ Newtown.

Plow guy's truck broke down. So I've spent about 5 hours clearing the drive - about 1100 feet long. Now the body is protesting! I may meet up with Jack - Daniels that is, later.

Good thing I have a snowblower.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we had about 27" just south of Boston. I can fit 6-8 cars in my driveway and it took about 2.5 hrs to snowblow that, front walk and a path for the dogs. Was lucky that it was perfect snowblower snow - light and fluffy. Plow trucks had blacktop exposed on my street by 2 or 3pm.

Reaction Score
22" in Mansfield, took 3 hours to clear the drive way. I knew things were bad when the road grader was the first Town piece of equipment to go by since 6:30PM last night, at 7:15 this morning.

Reaction Score
I'm in DC but my parents said 38 inches. Drift puts it up close to 4.5 - 5 ft

Reaction Score
Thanks to all the boneyard-ers for the congratulations, and the likes. Who knew that having kids is a great way to get your stats up? In all seriousness, thanks. She will definitely grow up a uconn fan, I have already picked out some Husky gear. My wife is very irritated with my persistence.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
NWS has crowned Hamden as snow champions of the storm with 40 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom