SMU a 6? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SMU a 6?

Reaction Score
SMU had 3 of their 4 losses before December started and the other was to Cincy by 2 points. So they beat TCU who beat #1 Kansas in the Big 12 tourney. Question, would you want to have to play them? Hope they get to play and beat Duke, it's as close to enjoyment that this tourney will bring me.
This has been the trend in the four years the AAC has existed. Its not right and it really makes you think. As far as SMU having 3 of their four losses in December, I say thats life in the AAC. Its just a fact that we will play the meat of our schedule before Christmas every season. Thats why its so important for the team to be ready when the season starts because wins vs the top teams in November and December will hold a lot of weight come selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Cuse did not get in, so thumbs up to the committee for that.

MSU not only getting in, with 14 losses, but getting a 9 is a joke. Vandy getting in as a 9 with 15 losses is also a joke.

Illinois St deserved to get in with a 12 seed IMO. SMU was screwed. Those are my initial complaints.

Duke was gifted a 2, of course.
Duke deserves a 2

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
At least CBS didn't show us as one of Syracuse's "bad losses", so I guess we made a little progress toward the end of the season in somebody's eyes.

Thank heaven for small miracles.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And SMU passed Duke in the pomeroys today. 11th versus 12th.

Ha.
No its not
I despise Puke but they are playing the best BBall (except for SMU) right now and plays in the most competitive conference
I'm not crying about them being a 2 BUT if they were a 1 I would have a problem
This is not Puke's year though - they can be fragile

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No its not
I despise Puke but they are playing the best BBall (except for SMU) right now and plays in the most competitive conference
I'm not crying about them being a 2 BUT if they were a 1 I would have a problem
This is not Puke's year though - they can be fragile

No it's not what?

Reaction Score
This. The only way AAC gets respect is when UConn is on top as we are the one and only national brand in the league. UConn's OOC looked worse than it might have because OSU, Georgetown, Auburn and exCuse (relatively) had off years and dragged OOC down a bit. Adding in OK State and Oregon it was, on paper pretty decent with a B1G, NBE, SEC, ACC, PAC 12 and Big 12 team represented. We only beat one but that turns out to have been the win of the year for me - nose picker.

I really think UConn should play SU at The Garden every year. It's a built in national TV game that is a win/win/win for us, them and The Garden and we should play there every year. A program of our stature should be able to get home and homes with Puke or NC every year from ACC, KY (have to say Squid will schedule good teams usually) and a marquee B1G team such as MSU. AAC demands we raise our profile as high as possible and keep big time games on network TV on prime days. Then be sure to schedule at least 2 NBE games a year. I don't see any way around this because once we get in leaugue play we lose national interest in a hurry. My 2 cents.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This. The only way AAC gets respect is when UConn is on top as we are the one and only national brand in the league. UConn's OOC looked worse than it might have because OSU, Georgetown, Auburn and exCuse (relatively) had off years and dragged OOC down a bit. Adding in OK State and Oregon it was, on paper pretty decent with a B1G, NBE, SEC, ACC, PAC 12 and Big 12 team represented. We only beat one but that turns out to have been the win of the year for me - nose picker.

I really think UConn should play SU at The Garden every year. It's a built in national TV game that is a win/win/win for us, them and The Garden and we should play there every year. A program of our stature should be able to get home and homes with Puke or NC every year from ACC, KY (have to say Squid will schedule good teams usually) and a marquee B1G team such as MSU. AAC demands we raise our profile as high as possible and keep big time games on network TV on prime days. Then be sure to schedule at least 2 NBE games a year. I don't see any way around this because once we get in leaugue play we lose national interest in a hurry. My 2 cents.
We would have helped our conference considerably had we taken care of business.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I felt bad after the terrible game we were forced to endure last night thanks to Hess, but I can't believe how much worse I feel now on Selection Sunday.

SMU getting a 6 seed after having an amazing season, basically sweeping the conference titles and honors, not losing in months (consistency usually gets rewarded huge, unless your Duke) and they get slapped in the face with a 6.

If this future UConn team's front court has you worried about what is coming ahead, I ask you to shift your attention to the mess that is how this conference gets perceived and treated by real people who hold much of this program's fate in their hands. Every day we fall farther from the limelight and relevance, better play is coming ahead they say, but it seems with each passing season our potential as a team is being heavily capped by factors outside of our control.

Seeing SMU as a 6 and Northwestern as an 8 absolutely terrifies me for the future of this program.

Reaction Score
AAC Champs, four loss team. This ain't scheduling its disrespecting Conference. This means 6 seed is the best the AAC can do.
No. SMU doesn't play a national out of conference schedule like UConn does. Then admittedly the AAC had a bad year. 2 strikes against SMU this year. Teams like UConn, Memphis and Temple have to be better. They will. Look at Gonzaga. Their conference is worse than the AAC, but they play a great out of conference schedule and beat people. So get the AAC better and beat good teams on your out of conference schedule and a higher seed is very attainable. Bottom line for UConn, they have to start winning big again.

Reaction Score
One of the consistently funny things they do is put all the dangerous mid-majors against each other in the first round.

Dayton/Wichita State. VCU/St. Mary's. Two shocking matchups that couldn't have been predicted.
Every year. The best part of the tourny is watching the smaller schools do damage and the NCAA tries to limit it as much as possible.

Reaction Score
Cinci got real screwed - winner of K State/Wake Forest isn't an 11 seed - AAC got it in the...

Big East can't lose enough for me, highly overrated.

Reaction Score
This conference is garbage, but hey as long as we can keep playing ECU and Tulsa in football we'd better not think of moving the basketball team anywhere!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I felt bad after the terrible game we were forced to endure last night thanks to Hess, but I can't believe how much worse I feel now on Selection Sunday.

SMU getting a 6 seed after having an amazing season, basically sweeping the conference titles and honors, not losing in months (consistency usually gets rewarded huge, unless your Duke) and they get slapped in the face with a 6.

If this future UConn team's front court has you worried about what is coming ahead, I ask you to shift your attention to the mess that is how this conference gets perceived and treated by real people who hold much of this program's fate in their hands. Every day we fall farther from the limelight and relevance, better play is coming ahead they say, but it seems with each passing season our potential as a team is being heavily capped by factors outside of our control.

Seeing SMU as a 6 and Northwestern as an 8 absolutely terrifies me for the future of this program.
Backwards. The conference didn't bring UConn down. We brought the conference down.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
One of the consistently funny things they do is put all the dangerous mid-majors against each other in the first round.

Dayton/Wichita State. VCU/St. Mary's. Two shocking matchups that couldn't have been predicted.

Absolutely. College sports just gets less and less fun for me every season. This year I watched every Husky football and basketball game except like 2 and didn't watch another game start to finish besides the college football playoff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom