Slaughter has Edge Over KML | The Boneyard

Slaughter has Edge Over KML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
FullCourt - Link

What did Clay Drink or Smoke before writing this column Don't see how any1 picks Slaughter over KML. I'm not even sure Jeff would make this pick :)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Yeah, he apparently forgot to analyze the part where KML has the ball and has to be guarded.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Which one is the All American, set a team record for 3s, shot 50% on three and regularly posted up people inside? He, also, apparently doesn't realize that Bria is the 2 guard.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
That column confirms what I have long suspected: Kellam is an idiot.. Worst part is where he talks about Shoni getting 35.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Aside from the few huge gaffes cited, it's not an altogether bad analysis.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In all fairness, Ice, Bria is better at the 2G, but against ND, she played the 1 pretty much the entire 2nd half. MJ didn't get into the game and Doty didn't either. But yeah, he (the writer) tried but failed on much of his analysis, eh? lol...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One game is does not make it her standard position. MoJeff played extensive minutes in the first game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One game is does not make it her standard position. MoJeff played extensive minutes in the first game.
Agreed, and in this game in particular, I think MoJeff matches up well with Jude Schimmel. But in the semis, Hartley was the 1 when it counted. I don't disagree with you, but it's not such a stretch for a writer to look at that game and think "well, the NC game is bigger than the national semifinals, so Geno probably goes with what worked in the 2nd biggest game of the season..."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That had me thinking about who Lville puts on the floor. Hammond, Slaughter, Shonni, Smith Reid/Jude/Vails We put out Dolson/Stewie/Tuck, KML, Doty/Bria/ Faris. I like any and all of the potential combinations to favor us.

Reaction Score
As one great basketball contributor once told me, ignore him. He and his new Full Court site just say crazy like this just to get more publicity rather than writing a correct analysis. #garbage

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As one great basketball contributor once told me, ignore him. He and his new Full Court site just say crazy like this just to get more publicity rather than writing a correct analysis. #garbage
Yep, looks like Kallam got the discussion he wanted all right. Just like a Greg Doyel stoking up the fire to get a ton of hate mail. The good stuff on outpost sites just doesn't get the traffic.

Reaction Score
Man, first the banana slicer post by Nan and now this article...hahahahaha, omg, my sides are hurting...don't know which was funnier...and giving Slaughter the edge over Kaleena was the most hilarious part... :D

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Man, first the banana slicer post by Nan and now this article...hahahahaha, omg, my sides are hurting...don't know which was funnier...and giving Slaughter the edge over Kaleena was the most hilarious part... :D
Hey, give Clay a break. You did see he was the only one to nail Louisville over Baylor in the Sweet 16 didn't you?

You missed it? Don't know how. It's right here..........oh, wait a minute, it actually says:

"Sooner or later, one of the top seeds has to lose, right? Maybe two?
We’ve got another one for you here, but Baylor haters should stand down -- the Bears are on their way to New Orleans." And " ... the only way the Bears lose this one is if the bus gets lost and they have to forfeit."

Stupid bus driver. You should have listened to Kim when she was giving you directions.

Have to admit it did sound sensible when Full Court posted that statement following the 2nd round games. Of course he can also say that he was really talking about the Cal Bears in some manner. And right, if you think about it, at least three of the top seeds eventually have to lose, so he doesn't need to stop at two.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I think that is exactly right. He goes out on this limb to look like a genius if the 4% chance works out.

Reaction Score
Slaughter > Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis has the same validity as saying that the Uconn men had a good chance of winning the NC this year.

Sorry, but I will take the WBCA and USBWA All American, 2nd Team AP All American, BE Rookie of the Year, BE 6th Woman of the Year, and Gatorate High School Player of the year any day.

That being said, tight Uconn defense on Slaughter should keep her relatively quiet tonight.

Chase for 8 ends tonight.

Reaction Score
That analysis is a joke. I hope our girls take UL to the woodshed and then some. UL is no ND and we blew out ND. I hope we get a 30 points win tonight.

KML and Stewart are better than everyone on their team. I am not even adding Tuck and Jefferson. We should kill them tonight.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In all fairness, Ice, Bria is better at the 2G, but against ND, she played the 1 pretty much the entire 2nd half. MJ didn't get into the game and Doty didn't either. But yeah, he (the writer) tried but failed on much of his analysis, eh? lol...
Moriah played 11 minutes against ND and did a very creditable job of guarding Diggins. However, Geno needed 5 players capable of scoring on the floor to keep double teams off Kaleena and/or Breanna and MoJeff wasn't able to do much against Diggins offensively. She'll get her minutes tonight, though. She played pretty well vs Louisville in the first matchup.

Reaction Score
The worst part of this article is calling the coaching matchup "even". Right, a guy with 7 titles doesn't have an advantage.

And yet here's commenter Glenn who agrees with Clay's assessment of the coaches. Dig this.

"I don't have any problem with Clay's analysis of the coaching factor for this one game. The issue isn't who has the most career success or championship hardware. Nor is it who is the best career recruiter or best strategic teacher of team offense and defense.

The issue is who can plan and manage this one particular game better. Clay calls it even. I think it would be rational and historically supportable for Clay to have been even less kind to Geno--namely, that he is an average individual game planner, in general, and a below average game manager in close games, in particular. I'm not saying those are my conclusions, but just that they could be historically rational ones for neutral observers."

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Well, I won't mess with the mojo. I will just say, let the players play and at the end we will see who really knows what they are talking about. Meanwhile, please print this out for the bulletin board. thanks

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nah. If you have visited the ESPN board prior to this year you would find Glenn, an avowed Auriemma hater, with his nose "deleted by me in the interest of board decorum". . .

With that said, I don't discount Walz's ability as a coach. Like it or not, he figured out how to beat Baylor and he'll show some stuff tonight.

The key to the game has little to do with Louisville and the individual coaches. It has nothing to do with heart, and even less to do with who wants it more. It's all about who is the best prepared and who makes the fewest mistakes.

My money is on UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01