Skylar's attitude: do we need some of it to win it all? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Skylar's attitude: do we need some of it to win it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One of my most vivid memories of DT was her jersey popping. Maybe that is better received when your player is doing it. I'm sure that there were many who felt the same about her. I was not one of those. I loved DT in college and love her even more now. I will REALLY love her when I see her passing to BG.

I never had a problem with DT's cockiness because she could back it up. Diggins can back it up. She played an incredible game tonight and played all 55 minutes. Love her or hate her, give the girl her due. She hasn't won a title but what she has done with this team this year is remarkable.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
One of my most vivid memories of DT was her jersey popping. Maybe that is better received when your player is doing it. I'm sure that there were many who felt the same about her. I was not one of those. I loved DT in college and love her even more now. I will REALLY love her when I see her passing to BG.

I never had a problem with DT's cockiness because she could back it up. Diggins can back it up. She played an incredible game tonight and played all 55 minutes. Love her or hate her, give the girl her due. She hasn't won a title but what she has done with this team this year is remarkable.

I just can't give someone their due when they have nothing to show for it except regular season wins. I can't stand Kobe, but I respect him because of what he's accomplished. What has she accomplished? Beating UConn, cool. Does that get you championships? Sure doesn't

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I just can't give someone their due when they have nothing to show for it except regular season wins. I can't stand Kobe, but I respect him because of what he's accomplished. What has she accomplished? Beating UConn, cool. Does that get you championships? Sure doesn't

And Karl Malone and John Stockton never won titles. I guess they don't get their due based on your criteria? To say that someone has not accomplished anything because they haven't won a title is a bit silly.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
And Karl Malone and John Stockton never won titles. I guess they don't get their due based on your criteria? To say that someone has not accomplished anything because they haven't won a title is a bit silly.

They're good, but won't ever, in my eyes, be considered great. She's good, I'm not saying she's not. But just because you win regular season games doesn't mean you're phenomenal

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
who is.... phenonmenal? Im sure Griner isnt cause she slung Dolson to the floor :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Especially in team games.

Ernie Banks, Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller. Phenomenal athletes and competitors, all.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
who is.... phenonmenal? Im sure Griner isnt cause she slung Dolson to the floor :rolleyes:

Of course Griner is. Pretty sure she led her team to an undefeated national championship season last year, right?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

It's a tough loss to a heated rival and some fans are taking it hard. Maybe this is not the best time for a guest to come by start an argument by throwing around the accomplishments of Karl Malone and John Stockton. Come on. I've always thought the best guests are those who know when to say something and when to just let disappointed fans vent even if the venting seems irrational to you or offensive to some retired NBAers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

She had 50 tonight, btw, 2 of which came on the most impressive dunk of her college career.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
fans need to humble themselves... UConn had their chances and blew them, ND took advantage. No need to hate on Diggins cause she lead her team to the victory

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
She had 50 tonight btw, 2 of which came on the most impressive dunk of her college career.

Highlight on ESPN yet. It irks me when she plays us, but I love watching her when she's not lol

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She had 50 tonight, btw, 2 of which came on the most impressive dunk of her college career.
I saw it... also started a thread about the 50, look around... unless you're gloatin'

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I saw it... also started a thread about the 50, look around... unless you're gloatin'

I never gloat.

It was just an incredible performance and her play tonight was a thing of beauty. I'll look for the thread.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
fans need to humble themselves... UConn had their chances and blew them, ND took advantage. No need to hate on Diggins cause she lead her team to the victory

No need to hate on fans if they're not feeling so charitable tonight. Fans feel what they feel; and it's not for you to tell anyone what to feel. We know you feel differently, as is your prerogative.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No need to hate on fans if they're not feeling so charitable tonight. Fans feel what they feel; and it's not for you to tell anyone what to feel. We know you feel differently, as is your prerogative.
just look childish coming from very mature people who continues to say how immature Diggins is

Reaction Score
Definitely doesn't count. Regular season championships don't mean much. Who looks back on players and says, "Oh, they won 2 regular season championships! Phenomenal player." ... No one
I think most people would say both Jackie Stiles and Elena Della Donne are phenomenal players and they never won a National Championship. Conversely, there are a lot of players who have rings, but no one will ever say they are phenomenal players. Skyler Diggins is an All American and makes her teammates better. IMO, she has earned the accolades.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Lol. Diana is most clearly the embodiment of Geno. If any player was UConn, it was she.
She said UConn not Geno. UConn is as much shaped by CD as Geno and that particularly includes how the kids comport themselves.

Reaction Score
Reading the NYT in Nan's link: I'm struck, both with dislike and envy, by the enormous confidence/swagger/egotism Skylar possesses.

"When the Irish won at Tennessee later that month, on the night that a banner was hung in honor of the Hall of Fame coach Pat Summitt, Diggins said she 'wanted to rain on that parade.'"

It sounds almost Taurasi-esque (or Serena Williams, with whom I am more familiar). While I love UConn's top players because of their gracious, elegant team-first humility exemplified by The Invincible Queen, I wonder if we would have lost some of these close games if we had a player or two with such attitudes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/s...er-championship-run.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&
Damn right we do !!! I said this about six weeks ago

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There is a difference in how they are seen because they didn't ever win a title, without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom