Skylar's attitude: do we need some of it to win it all? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Skylar's attitude: do we need some of it to win it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
There is a difference in how they are seen because they didn't ever win a title, without a doubt.

Someone doesn't think of Karl Malone as the greatest power forward in NBA history?

Prime example of greatness without a title: Ted Williams.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Someone doesn't think of Karl Malone as the greatest power forward in NBA history?

Prime example of greatness without a title: Ted Williams.

There are a LOT of people who think that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There is a difference in how they are seen because they didn't ever win a title, without a doubt.

That doesn't really equate to not accomplishing anything. Did Maya not accomplish anything in her senior? Did she only accomplish anything the years she brought home a title?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
She had 50 tonight, btw, 2 of which came on the most impressive dunk of her college career.

Plus the dunk came at home (most of her dunks have come on the road or at neutral sites). That must have been great for the fans and a wonderful way to put an exclamation point on her last home game.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Lol. Diana is most clearly the embodiment of Geno. If any player was UConn, it was she.

Back in 2005/2006, I made the comment that Diana Taurasi was embodiment of Geno Auriemma on the court, in the same way that Abby Waner was the embodiment of Gail Goestenkors on the court.

With Diana, there was a brashness and a cocky demeanor, with the skills to win with superior talent around her as well as good, young talent but not elite talent. She could win with anyone because she knew how to take over games for herself and to balance that with making the others around her better in the process (and putting those players in positions to be successful). And she did it with a wink, a smile, and a smart remark...the perfect emodiment of Geno Auriemma. She was/is the player who is adored by her fan base (UConn, Phoenix) and reviled by the opposition; she is the player who is loved by her own and the player everyone else loves to hate. She brings fans into arenas just so they can boo her and "cheer against" her.

I hated her when she was at UConn (though I often found myself yelling at the television, "How in the **** did she do that?"), and I love her playing for the Mercury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom