Six games left | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Six games left

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This season has been kind of humbling. Coach in year 4 with his own complete vision of culture, defense, toughness and his own players in place and we’re just… good…. competitive, tied with a Creighton team replacing 5 starters. We were very spoiled competing for season titles every year in an even bigger and better Big East under Calhoun. Still 6 games left but it’s been a little bit of a disappointing season thus far.
This is what spoiled, entitled fandom looks like.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Three monster wins to kick off this final stretch - each win bigger than the last.

We are now in such great shape moving into the post-season. Let's finish strong! Kill Georgetown and then complete the revenge tour against Creighton. Stoked!

Reaction Score
We're getting dangerously close to clinching the 3 seed. A Creighton loss tonight will make it even more likely. I've been playing around with the BET bracket calculator, and all the scenarios that have us 4th or worse (there's only a few of them) seem pretty unlikely. If we win out we can't finish worse than 3rd.

Reaction Score
4 - 0 over this stretch so far. Just awesome to be playing our best basketball at this point in the season.

Another big week next week. The Creighton game is so important, and it would be a total shame to somehow lose to DePaul (who is actually kind of a tough out) on Senior night. Let's finish out the season on a winning streak!

Reaction Score
We're getting dangerously close to clinching the 3 seed. A Creighton loss tonight will make it even more likely. I've been playing around with the BET bracket calculator, and all the scenarios that have us 4th or worse (there's only a few of them) seem pretty unlikely. If we win out we can't finish worse than 3rd.
i think it is more straightforward than that…there’s one obvious scenario that pushes us to 4th…we lose to creighton and we both win out otherwise.

Reaction Score
Two weeks ago I found the idea of going 5-1 over this stretch to be beyond my wildest dreams. Now I will be highly disappointed if it happens.
Yeah I agree. Expectations have shifted pretty radically over the course of the last few games. Just a couple weeks ago Xavier was ranked right below us and it felt like we were equals. Now, Xavier is in the toilet and it feels like we're one of the best teams in College Basketball.

Reaction Score
This thread is a breeding ground for cold takes exposed.

Nembhard out for the Jays - and if they look like they did against PC the other night, Huskies roll.

6-0 very much real. #3 in the Big East. All kinds of momentum rolling into MSG, and that Nova win shot this fanbase back to where it belongs.

Anyone questioning Hurley's vision or methods at this point will never be happy.

Imagine being mad that he was able to find talent outside of the top 200 high school rankings and develop them into one of the best teams in the country. Hurley doesn't want 5 star guys who don't care about winning, team, or diving on loose balls.

Give me RJ Cole every day of the week. He's going to be a Kemba-like legend in the next few weeks.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No reason why we don't win the next two. No excuses

Reaction Score
Nembhard out for the Jays - and if they look like they did against PC the other night, Huskies roll.
Home vs Road is very different in college basketball.

We should win, but they'll likely be much tougher than they were against PC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom