Six games left | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Six games left

Reaction Score
I’d like to see us take care of Xavier and Seton Hall at home, Nova will be a battle. But GTown, DePaul, and Creighton at home are games we should win. 4-2 is the expectation. 5-1 is not out of reach. 6-0 would have me giddy
We play Creighton on the road, already lost to them at home.

Reaction Score
These are our final games of the season:

2/16 - Seton Hall in Gampel
2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
2/22 - Nova at XL
2/27 - @ Georgetown
3/2 - @ Creighton
3/5 - DePaul in Gampel

Looking at this schedule, it's nice to have 4 home games and it's also a plus that we don't have any ridiculous turn arounds or brutal travel. 4-2 and above here is a good result I think, though I'm sure everyone is hoping for 5-1 or better.

@ Georgetown is the only game on this schedule that would be a truly bad loss, though I guess I should probably include DePaul on Senior Night too. Xavier, Nova, and Creighton should all be Q1 opportunities.

Right now we are 17-7 overall and 8-5 in the Big East (good for 3rd in the league). We are essentially a lock for the tournament and should not have trouble finishing with 20+ wins and in the top 5 of the Big East. Unfortunately 1st place in the league is out of reach at this point.
I never thought we'd have 9 losses this year, but that looks likely. This experienced team should be better than that. I long for one of those dominant 90s and early 2000s regular season records.

I remember a poster here who wrote "We're winning the Big East. You heard it here first." Probably will backtrack and say, "I meant the Big East Tournament... ".

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I feel the same as a few others. .500 the next 6 games puts us in good standing for ncaa. Anything less…welll… let’s be honest— we aren’t as good as we think.
I don’t want to limp into the BET tourney.

Reaction Score
These are our final games of the season:

2/16 - Seton Hall in Gampel
2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
2/22 - Nova at XL
2/27 - @ Georgetown
3/2 - @ Creighton
3/5 - DePaul in Gampel

Looking at this schedule, it's nice to have 4 home games and it's also a plus that we don't have any ridiculous turn arounds or brutal travel. 4-2 and above here is a good result I think, though I'm sure everyone is hoping for 5-1 or better.

@ Georgetown is the only game on this schedule that would be a truly bad loss, though I guess I should probably include DePaul on Senior Night too. Xavier, Nova, and Creighton should all be Q1 opportunities.

Right now we are 17-7 overall and 8-5 in the Big East (good for 3rd in the league). We are essentially a lock for the tournament and should not have trouble finishing with 20+ wins and in the top 5 of the Big East. Unfortunately 1st place in the league is out of reach at this point.
We go 3-3 book it.

Reaction Score
I think that's sarcasm and some kind of joke that I don't get, but I'll bite anyway. Considering 4 of the 6 are at home (and 3 of them are at Gampel), 1 of the away games is Georgetown, 3-3 would be extremely disappointing.
No sarcasm at all friend. I believe we finish 3-3. Yeah it sucks and i hope im wrong but they dont give me any reason to think 4 or more wins is likely.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No I think we're fine going 3-3 it'll just be a lousy seed
3-3 and a first round BET exit puts us at 20-12 and limping in. You may be right probably puts us on the 8-9 line but I wouldn’t be shocked to be left out at that record.

Reaction Score
Per Eamonn Brennan of the Athletic, we are not yet a "Lock." He classifies us as "Should be in," and writes:

Connecticut (17-7, 8-5; NET: 18, SOS: 37): Nothing feels easy for UConn, does it? Is it just us, or is it true that every time we check on a Huskies game, they’re in the midst of some sort of brutal physical battle that involves getting the ball as close to the rim as possible, muscling some dudes out of the way, missing, and then repeating this process as necessary? Does UConn ever truly flow? Anyway, aesthetic concerns aside, this remains a tough, solid team, albeit one that can get bogged down in games like the one it played Sunday — a 63-60 survival in 73 possessions at St. John’s, albeit one that came 48 hours after a difficult road trip to Xavier, a game the Huskies lost. They’re perfect for the classic Big East, in other words, and the resume is solid, but three losses in five games have taken a little of the shine off, though not so much that we think getting in to the field will be an issue. Just maybe not the most watchable bunch for the neutral, that’s all.

Reaction Score
Xavier, Nova, and DePaul all appear to be tracking towards sell out crowds.

Need the game Wednesday against Seton Hall to be the same. It's going to be a battle and this team thrives off crowd energy.
Truest assessment of this team. They feed off energy more than any team i can remember. Some of our better Calhoun teams enjoyed going on the road and shooshing the opposing crowd. Not these guys. They're like the friend who only ever wanted you to come over to their house and play with their toys.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This season has been kind of humbling. Coach in year 4 with his own complete vision of culture, defense, toughness and his own players in place and we’re just… good…. competitive, tied with a Creighton team replacing 5 starters. We were very spoiled competing for season titles every year in an even bigger and better Big East under Calhoun. Still 6 games left but it’s been a little bit of a disappointing season thus far.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This season has been kind of humbling. Coach in year 4 with his own complete vision of culture, defense, toughness and his own players in place and we’re just… good…. competitive, tied with a Creighton team replacing 5 starters. We were very spoiled competing for season titles every year in an even bigger and better Big East under Calhoun. Still 6 games left but it’s been a little bit of a disappointing season thus far.
I‘m not feeling that really. This season was still disrupted by Covid, if less so. It likely cost us one win. Sanogo, Whaley and Martin missed games, including most of our losses. There’s a reason the team is still just outside a 4 seed…because at full strength it’s a lot better than it’s record suggests. There is the issue of closing out games, but Sunday they showed they could. So let’s see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
I‘m not feeling that really. This season was still disrupted by Covid, if less so. It likely cost us one win. Sanogo, Whaley and Martin missed games, including most of our losses. There’s a reason the team is still just outside a 4 seed…because at full strength it’s a lot better than it’s record suggests. There is the issue of closing out games, but Sunday they showed they could. So let’s see how it plays out.
I think the Creighton and Nova debacle stained the season a little for some fans. But before those losses we hadn’t really lost when healthy. Calling this season a disappointing one is premature in my opinion. There’s a WHOLE lot of season left. What if we go 5-1 down the stretch and end up in the big east championship game. That get us a 3-4 seed. That’d be far from disappointing. I agree let it play out

Reaction Score
Everyone has dealt with Covid and injuries. We've lucked out with other teams missing key players. We're at full strength basically (no Akok) and Nova smoked us with no Justin Moore and no Gillespie for much of the second half. We barely squeaked one out against St. John's with no Posh.

Reaction Score

Trajectory seems pretty reasonable to me. The program was a tire fire with a real dearth of talent just a few years ago. The "woe is us" and "I long for the days when" stuff just comes across as spoiled nonsense.

Reaction Score
You should just have some perspective.

This isn't an elite roster yet. It's a very good one, but our experienced players aren't super talented. Our 2 best players are a sophomore and an uptransfer from Howard. Our other super seniors are a 150+ recruit and a 3 star guy. Another senior is a transfer from the A-10. Our best recruit from the first real class tore his achilles. The borderline top 100 guy from that class ended up a miss. The other guy in the class was so good he left before the talent level caught up to him.

Yet we're a top 25 team.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Trajectory seems pretty reasonable to me. The program was a tire fire with a real dearth of talent just a few years ago. The "woe is us" and "I long for the days when" stuff just comes across as spoiled nonsense.
Trajectory could be better. Year 4 is pretty deep. If we were to just stay like this, competitive but not competing for a championship like the new Xavier, I wouldn’t be happy. This literally his Hurley’s vision in action his old key recruit, the star PG who played for his father, defensive minded tough, athletic team. I don’t see us having much more talent in the near future. We should have been competing for a season championship this year. Not a lost season or anything and still much time left but fans are lying when they say they aren’t a little disappointed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom