Reaction Score
These are our final games of the season:

2/16 - Seton Hall in Gampel
2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
2/22 - Nova at XL
2/27 - @ Georgetown
3/2 - @ Creighton
3/5 - DePaul in Gampel

Looking at this schedule, it's nice to have 4 home games and it's also a plus that we don't have any ridiculous turn arounds or brutal travel. 4-2 and above here is a good result I think, though I'm sure everyone is hoping for 5-1 or better.

@ Georgetown is the only game on this schedule that would be a truly bad loss, though I guess I should probably include DePaul on Senior Night too. Xavier, Nova, and Creighton should all be Q1 opportunities.

Right now we are 17-7 overall and 8-5 in the Big East (good for 3rd in the league). We are essentially a lock for the tournament and should not have trouble finishing with 20+ wins and in the top 5 of the Big East. Unfortunately 1st place in the league is out of reach at this point.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we are a lock yet. If we go 4-2 we are in, but 3-3 would make me uncomfortable. Anything worse and we could be on the bubble.
3-3, while legitimately disappointing, shouldn't make us uncomfortable. The bubble is super soft this year and if we go 3-3 over this schedule we will have taken care of business. Our body of work right now is extremely solid and all of the computer metrics like us. 20-10 against a strong schedule is more than enough.

Reaction Score
4-2 is where my head is at

W. 2/16 - Seton Hall in Gampel
W. 2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
L. 2/22 - Nova at XL
W. 2/27 - @ Georgetown
L. 3/2 - @ Creighton
W. 3/5 - DePaul in Gampel

21-9 (12-7) is a respectable record for any Bracketologist.

Reaction Score
4-2 is where my head is at

W. 2/16 - Seton Hall in Gampel
W. 2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
L. 2/22 - Nova at XL
W. 2/27 - @ Georgetown
L. 3/2 - @ Creighton
W. 3/5 - DePaul in Gampel

21-9 (12-7) is a respectable record for any Bracketologist.
Seems realistic, though I will say that Nova and Creighton are the two games I want to win most of these six.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think we are in as long as we don't go like 0-6 or something insane like that.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we are a lock yet. If we go 4-2 we are in, but 3-3 would make me uncomfortable. Anything worse and we could be on the bubble.
3-3 is probably good enough to have us in line for an 8-seed or so.

2-4 probably still OK, but getting hairy.

Reaction Score
5-1 in this stretch (with the L being to Nova or @ Creighton) would put us right on the 5 seed line. However we will definitely get up to the 4 line if we win the BET. They just cannot drop anymore of these winnable games or have another Creighton home stinker.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I think Villanova is an extremely important game for seeding. We need Q1 wins, and Marquette and potentially SH and X at home could end up being Q2 games ( as well as @Creighton).

Reaction Score
5-1 in this stretch (with the L being to Nova or @ Creighton) would put us right on the 5 seed line. However we will definitely get up to the 4 line if we win the BET. They just cannot drop anymore of these winnable games or have another Creighton home stinker.
If we go 5-1 and win the big east tournament (which is a very big IF), I think we'd easily be a 3 seed. We'd be 25-8 I believe, with a win over a likely #1 seed Auburn. I haven't been a fan of how this team has played of late, but we're pretty far away from the bubble right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
2/22 - Nova at XL
2/27 - @ Georgetown
3/2 - @ Creighton
3/5 - DePaul in Gampel

Looking at this schedule, it's nice to have 4 home games and it's also a plus that we don't have any ridiculous turn arounds or brutal travel. 4-2 and above here is a good result I think, though I'm sure everyone is hoping for 5-1 or better.

@ Georgetown is the only game on this schedule that would be a truly bad loss, though I guess I should probably include DePaul on Senior Night too. Xavier, Nova, and Creighton should all be Q1 opportunities.

Right now we are 17-7 overall and 8-5 in the Big East (good for 3rd in the league). We are essentially a lock for the tournament and should not have trouble finishing with 20+ wins and in the top 5 of the Big East. Unfortunately 1st place in the league is out of reach at this point.
I think we’d have a shot at sweeping all of them if only nova wasn’t in the XL…

Reaction Score

2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
2/22 - Nova at XL
2/27 - @ Georgetown
3/2 - @ Creighton
3/5 - DePaul in Gampel

If we go 2-4 or worse I think we COULD be on the bubble (19 wins) but otherwise we’re probably safely in the Dance. With 2-4 or 3-3, I’d be more worried about 1) psychological impact of continuing our trend of not being able to beat teams above us in conference (Villanova, Providence, Xavier this year) and 2) not finishing #5 or higher and having to play an extra game in the BET. No WAY this team wins four games in four days with 1.5 legitimate ballhandlers (Cole and AJ).

Reaction Score
If we go 5-1 and win the big east tournament (which is a very big IF), I think we'd easily be a 3 seed. We'd be 25-8 I believe, with a win over a likely #1 seed Auburn. I haven't been a fan of how this team has played of late, but we're pretty far away from the bubble right now.
Unless something goes catastrophically wrong in these final 6 games, we are a lock for the tournament.

I could see the 3 seed if that happens but it would depend on who we beat in the BET. If we win by beating Nova and PC (idk if that's even going to be possible with the seeding?) then yeah

Reaction Score
I think we’d have a shot at sweeping all of them if only nova wasn’t in the XL…
We have an outside shot at 6-0 for sure, but the team will have to play much better than they did this week. Think it’s more likely than 0-6, though that doesn’t say much.

Reaction Score
Didn't the conference already say that game won't be made up? I thought I remember reading that.
Kind of. They left the door open if there's other cancelled games before the season ends

Reaction Score

2/19 - Xavier in Gampel
2/22 - Nova at XL
2/27 - @ Georgetown
3/2 - @ Creighton
3/5 - DePaul in Gampel
Xavier, Nova, and DePaul all appear to be tracking towards sell out crowds.

Need the game Wednesday against Seton Hall to be the same. It's going to be a battle and this team thrives off crowd energy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom