Situation is being monitored ... Michigan AD | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Situation is being monitored ... Michigan AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow Michigan fans are ridiculous, they are going to take one of the Harbaugh brothers away from the NFL to coach at Michigan? Greg Schiano is far more likely to be their coach next season unless something drastically changes within the Ravens or 49ers organization.

Not outlandish. San Fran considered trading Harbaugh to the Browns recently. The relationship there isn't so great.

Reaction Score
If Ward leaves I hope UCONN considers Tim Pernetti (Fired from Rutgers) I
believe he got screwed in the Mike Rice fiasco. He helped pave the way for Rutgers going to B1G. He is a Jersey guy and I think would get along great with all the coaches, Ollie, Gino and Diaco. He is around the same age as Diaco. No one is worried about Gino or Kevin throwing basketballs at players anyway. We would need to do some PR/image repair but he would be an awesome choice. I have to think he would help in recruiting in New Jersey. Many Rutgers fans were pissed and protested when he got dismissed. I would love it if we hire this guy! Check these articles out on him:

TIM PERNETTI RALLY

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2013/04/rutgers_tim_pernetti_rally.html

TIM PERNETTI WANTED RICE FIRED (BTW, RICE IS NOT A GOOD NAME TO HAVE AT RUTGERS!)

http://www.thewire.com/national/2013/04/rutgers-fires-athletic-director/63917/

WIKI on Pernetti

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Pernetti

If we want Pernetti then he would definitely come.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Doubt Pernetti would leave NYCFC (for anywhere) as they are about to launch. Maybe down the road, by then who knows what UConn's perception would be. Heck he might get his old job back.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There is no irreplaceable man

Sometime when you’re feeling important,
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom,
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You’re the best qualified man in the room.
Sometime when you think that your passing
Will leave an un-fillable hole,
Just remember this simple example,
And see how it humbles your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in up to your wrists,
The hole that you make when you leave it,
Is the measure of how much you’ll be missed.

You may thrash all you want when you enter,
You may stir up the waters galore,
But just wait for a moment
And it is still the same as before.

The moral of this is quite simple,
Just do the best that you can.
But please always remember
There is no irreplaceable man

I would be disappointed for days if Manuel decided to leave UConn, but he does not leave my sports fandom. I've been a Michigan football fan since the Harbaugh days. They were the team I rooted for before UConn went Div. 1A.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
By the way, If Manuel "mistreated" Ollie, then why did Ollie take the job? He was under no obligation to sign on for 7 months...then 5 years...then take another substantial raise. If Ollie had a real problem, he wouldn't be at UConn....and don't give me any static about loving the kids or being a moral God-fearing Christian.

Money Talks and BS walks.

Reaction Score
Not outlandish. San Fran considered trading Harbaugh to the Browns recently. The relationship there isn't so great.

Yea, honestly I think it's more likely than not he's out in SF after the year. Now he'll most likely have a number of NFL jobs to choose from so I'm not saying he'll go to Michigan, but it's not crazy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some guy we've never heard of says that two anonymous sources tell him that Warde is a finalist for a job that isn't even currently open and you all lose your s--- about it.

Well, Scott Gray says we're going to the Big Ten, so I guess it's all okay.

Reaction Score
If he does go Diaco would not like it. Didn't he say he only came to Uconn because he loved Manuel? In my opinion I think Herbst needs to call on Pernetti (old AD at Rutgers who has unjustly fired) if she has to replace him.
I believe there is some truth to the fact that he like Ward but more importantly Diaco liked the whole UCONN situation:

1. Winning championship atmosphere in Basketball (mens & womens)
2. Successful football program in limited time in D-1 FBS
3. Opportunity to put his mark on a failing football program
4. No Professional football team in CT to compete with (but many Pats, Giants, Jets fans to compete with)
5. Proximity to his home state, NJ
6. Opportunity to propel UCONN into a better conference.

Bottom line is he seems to thrive on the opportunity to turn UCONN around and be the hero!
He is willing to build UCONN the right way without too many shortcuts.

If Ward leaves, I am rooting for Tim Pernetti as the next AD.

Reaction Score
Some guy we've never heard of says that two anonymous sources tell him that Warde is a finalist for a job that isn't even currently open and you all lose your s--- about it.

And a source close to Tim Pernetti said we were going to the Big Ten. It's all coming together now. ;)

RUlookinatme Blue Tic Hound

170 posts this site

Posted: 11/23/2012 4:56 PM

Source close to Tyler Phommachanh says UConn and Virginia to Big 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delaney wants the northeast and I quote, "lock, stock and barrel".

170 posts this site

Posted: 11/27/2012 2:03 PM

Re: Source close to Tyler Phommachanh says UConn and Virginia to Big 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source says it's done.

Reaction Score
And a source close to Tim Pernetti said we were going to the Big Ten. It's all coming together now.

170 posts this site

Posted: 11/23/2012 4:56 PM

Source close to Tyler Phommachanh says UConn and Virginia to Big 10

Delaney wants the northeast and I quote, "lock, stock and barrel".

170 posts this site

Posted: 11/27/2012 2:03 PM

Re: Source close to Tyler Phommachanh says UConn and Virginia to Big 10

Source says it's done.

S hits going down in twenty minutes.

Reaction Score
Can't wait until Warde unveils the new Michigan helmets. Se ya, winged hemets!...little badger eyeballs in blue peering out from the front of the ...but hey, they are free!
Yes! Also we must get rid of THE BLOCK M....

Reaction Score

Not losing anyhting. I remain ever hopeful that Warde will go away, but I'm not counting on it.

Reaction Score
If he does go Diaco would not like it. Didn't he say he only came to Uconn because he loved Manuel? In my opinion I think Herbst needs to call on Pernetti (old AD at Rutgers who has unjustly fired) if she has to replace him.

Great Idea!

Im on board.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If this were to happen, I can't fault him for going to his alma mater. But if you think we are toxic from a CR perspective now, just wait until the "UConn AD Leaves for Greener Pastures" headlines. That will directly be interpreted as a vote of "no confidence" in UConn's prospects.

I hope he stays. His work here is unfinished...
Disagree. WM going back to Michigan doesn't hurt us. Now if he left for a Villanova or and ECU or something, that would be a problem.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Tim Pernetti - Has a ton of contacts with the B1G and knows Delany personally. Also has experience with getting a university added to the B1G.
Agreed. He was hosed at RU after doing a great job there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn has the hottest young head coach in college basketball right now. NBA teams will be backing up dump trucks of money to Ollie's house if he has another great season. Ollie may say no, but he is going to at least want to see what a dump truck full of cash looks like. Does anyone on this board want Warde in charge of picking Ollie's replacement if KO gets an offer he can't refuse?

Part of my current "stay the course" position on Diaco is that Warde in all likelihood would find someone worse.

Reaction Score
WM isn't going to Michigan at this time. Their problem is the fans being up in arms over Hoke and the FB program. Imagine trying to sell them on a candidate that is over-seeing one of the worst programs in D-I football. If Diaco turns things around then they might consider Warde in a few years.

Reaction Score
the signal needs to go to the bullpen before this series gets out of control

get the 6-5 burly righty up and ready

we need some high velocity raptor to extinguish this sichee8tion

bring the ace stopper closer for AD before its too late

guess who: Mr. James A. Calhoun, me tinks he know how wins get donez

Husky25

Reaction Score
You mean the same James A Calhoun who told President Herbst to stay the course? The One who said he can win in basketball with two guards, but football is a different animal? The one who said to have patience? That James A. Calhoun? Really?

No one is forcing anyone else to follow UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom