Simi Shittu Update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Simi Shittu Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mau I'm the biggest advocate of Christian Vital on the yard so that's not true at all. I want Vital starting over Alterique because I trust his effect on the team and how he fits with Jalen.

PS: Although we disagree on most things UCONN, you remain my favorite of the Ollie apologists and Pollyannas. I'd really like to see a great season this year so we can put these conversations to rest.

My whole reply was in general (animus you bring the King of ridiculous and broken record attacks on the staff) and the Vital point was in no way intended to be at you, I do realize the one positive we share is Vital.

Reaction Score
*was.

It's total conjecture to assume you know how Calhoun is thinking now.

No, it's not conjecture at all. And I didn't say I knew what Calhoun was thinking. I said I knew what Calhoun was doing. And it's not even a secret or some super special mystical information the likes of which is typically delivered by a phony or two on this board.

Reaction Score
He is
No, it's not conjecture at all. And I didn't say I knew what Calhoun was thinking. I said I knew what Calhoun was doing. And it's not even a secret or some super special mystical information the likes of which is typically delivered by a phony or two on this board.

Upstater, there's no question Calhoun and Ollie used to be super tight the first two years with KO as the head man. But since then JC has been less and less visible at games, is rarely in his office on campus, and who knows if he even goes to the occasional practice anymore. Read the article below with quotes directly from Jim Calhoun and tell me if you think he's still active in the program. JC makes it sound like they don't talk at all anymore so it seems fair for some of us to assume their relationship is a bit estranged to say the least.

UConn's Dismal Season Sparks Scrutiny Of Kevin Ollie's Leadership

Reaction Score
You are right, it's not some super special mystical information which is typically delivered. It's simply wrong.

Reaction Score
Upstater, there's no question Calhoun and Ollie used to be super tight the first two years with KO as the head man. But since then JC has been less and less visible at games, is rarely in his office on campus, and who knows if he even goes to the occasional practice anymore. Read the article below with quotes directly from Jim Calhoun and tell me if you think he's still active in the program. JC makes it sound like they don't talk at all anymore so it seems fair for some of us to assume their relationship is a bit estranged to say the least.

UConn's Dismal Season Sparks Scrutiny Of Kevin Ollie's Leadership
The Calhoun Ollie relationship soured a while ago. Upstater will believe what he wants to believe.

Reaction Score
For instance, you guys aren't even aware that when players visit campus, Calhoun AND Ollie sit together and meet with them. Calhoun is recruiting CURRENT 2018s. With Ollie.

OK, so go at it. Tell me how Calhoun is so upset that he is putting aside his bad feelings toward Ollie in order to recruit incoming players TOGETHER.

Reaction Score
For instance, you guys aren't even aware that when players visit campus, Calhoun AND Ollie sit together and meet with them. Calhoun is recruiting CURRENT 2018s. With Ollie.

OK, so go at it. Tell me how Calhoun is so upset that he is putting aside his bad feelings toward Ollie in order to recruit incoming players TOGETHER.
Sad then that even one of the greatest coaches of all time can't keep KO from getting scooped by the likes of Rutgers, St. John's, PC, et al.

Reaction Score
Sine you're such an insider, ask your contact if Calhoun is recruiting players with Ollie. Go ahead.
I don't trust any of the insiders here. The current Ollie staff does not leak much. The practice center is close to the public. Some of the recruiting stuff were outright misinformations. Our insiders had no idea that big Dave, Anderson, kwintin williams were committing. They had no idea that we were even recruiting Nollers. The only inside info that they claim to have is a secret dossier on Ollie that is too toxic to release.

Reaction Score

Accepting this information as correct, that Calhoun is actively involved with 2018 recruiting is terrific news.

C

Chief00

I'm convinced you don't know anyone in the program.

Calhoun is on board with KO.

We're also discussing Xs and Os right now. Calhoun was apparently making the gameplans and teaching the players, according to you.

Jim got KO the job. Yes, Jim is still on the payroll. I never said Jim made the gameplans - or was point for teaching players. What I said was he was an observer and gave invaluable feedback. Nice try, but don't put words in my mouth.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don't trust any of the insiders here. The current Ollie staff does not leak much. The practice center is close to the public. Some of the recruiting stuff were outright misinformations. Our insiders had no idea that big Dave, Anderson, kwintin williams were committing. They had no idea that we were even recruiting Nollers. The only inside info that they claim to have is a secret dossier on Ollie that is too toxic to release.

My guess is @upstater knows enough of the situation to say what he said.

I can't imagine he made that exact fact up. So to then go into a rant about this board's "insiders" being misinformed, that's why a simple point gets lost in the shuffle.

You're purposely jumbling things so as not to stick to the pertinent points.

C

Chief00

I for one don't believe anything in KO's personal life has directly impacted a recruit's decision. I do believe we need to work harder at recruiting and be much more effective using leverages which we seem to ignore. So if the question is could we use less distractions and be more focus and operate smarter - the answer is yes to all three.
KO appears to relate fine with the grad transfers and guys who transferred from other schools. The older more mature guys in certain respects. What he needs to work on is his relationships with the younger guys who don't yet have a mature approach to the game - he needs to be tough and demanding but also they need to feel loved and that he has their back.

C

Chief00

I don't know what you mean by public. But, I have never had an issue accessing the practice center. As for the recruiting threads, they tend to focus on class of 2017 or class of 2018 recruits. These grad transfers don't fit in those categories nor does a JUCO guy. Long term we have to win the battle on the HS/Prep class of recruits. Any knowledgeable observer would agree with that, I think.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don't know what you mean by public. But, I have never had an issue accessing the practice center. As for the recruiting threads, they tend to focus on class of 2017 or class of 2018 recruits. These grad transfers don't fit in those categories nor does a JUCO guy. Long term we have to win the battle on the HS/Prep class of recruits. Any knowledgeable observer would agree with that, I think.

I don't know why that quote was attributed to me but it wasn't me.

Reaction Score
He got it from a tweet from a recruit. Please don't look towards upstater as someone who knows what's going on with the program.
Actually I read that myself also in some form or another right here in the BY but it was just one instance, one recruit, I forget who exactly. I believe the recruit mentioned meeting Calhoun, it didn't say specifically that Ollie was there at the same time. I thought perhaps Upstater had some corroborating information that it was more frequent or an actual strategy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jim got KO the job. Yes, Jim is still on the payroll. I never said Jim made the gameplans - or was point for teaching players. What I said was he was an observer and gave invaluable feedback. Nice try, but don't put words in my mouth.
So now you're on a first name basis with Calhoun, huh? You are so full of crap....somebody stated it perfectly earlier today, you are no more an insider than anyone on this board. Any one of us can say "I know, but I choose not to share with any of you". Chief goes back on ignore until I see a picture of him and JC that is not photo-shopped and is not taken in a court room where Chief has been convicted of stalking JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom