Simi Shittu Update | The Boneyard

Simi Shittu Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't think we would land him once he blew up and the other big boys got involved. I could see us being in his "Final XX" however many teams that might be but ultimately I think he ends up somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I went to a VA game last year and sat next to a parent of another player who trashed Shittu the entire game. Not coachable, selfish and soft being the words used the entire game. He said his teammates didn't like him ect ect...

Reaction Score
I went to a VA game last year and sat next to a parent of another player who trashed Shittu the entire game. Not coachable, selfish and soft being the words used the entire game. He said his teammates didn't like him ect ect...

I saw him this July. And wasn't overly impressed. Was coasting. But physical tools were there. Whined to refs some. Nothing too serious along those lines tho.

Reaction Score
Great.

We've always aspired to be one of the bottom 250.

I know the issues obviously he's just not anyone I can handle delivering it to me. Now go puke on a tugboat or something will ya?

Reaction Score
2016-2018 will put this program back at least 5 years. You can swing and miss on a recruit, you can't swing and miss three consecutive years. The future is bleak my friends.

Reaction Score
I know the issues obviously he's just not anyone I can handle delivering it to me. Now go puke on a tugboat or something will ya?

Mau who better than me to deliver the news and issues. I've been warning about our problems since the beginning. I don't take any joy in this.

What I don't want is to lament the beginning of the end of UCONN basketball as we know and love.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
We have gotten a 5* recruit the past few seasons. Chill out people.

Reaction Score
We aren't sitting pretty with anyone outside of maybe James Akinjo. Sad what's going on.
We are probably in a solid spot with Nolley and Carrigan too. Definitely a painful offseason, but a good season where we are ranked is really what matters.

Recruits free up in the spring, there's always good grad transfers, but none of that matters if UConn is bad again this year. Even if we got great recruits, they could head for the hills if Ollie has another poor showing.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
We are probably in a solid spot with Nolley and Carrigan too. Definitely a painful offseason, but a good season where we are ranked is really what matters.

Recruits free up in the spring, there's always good grad transfers, but none of that matters if UConn is bad again this year. Even if we got great recruits, they could head for the hills if Ollie has another poor showing.

That's something people seem to be missing... I think recruiting nowadays is very year to year ... Not tons of loyalty with kids ...

If you want good classes, you need to at least have non-tire fire seasons to keep your guys.

As said above, even if we got some great recruits to verbal this whole summer, we have a bad upcoming year, they'll bounce.

Reaction Score
That's something people seem to be missing... I think recruiting nowadays is very year to year ... Not tons of loyalty with kids ...

If you want good classes, you need to at least have non-tire fire seasons to keep your guys.

As said above, even if we got some great recruits to verbal this whole summer, we have a bad upcoming year, they'll bounce.
It doesn't help that Ollie is clearly on the hot seat. Hard to convince kids to come when they don't know if you'll even be there in a year.

Reaction Score
It doesn't help that Ollie is clearly on the hot seat. Hard to convince kids to come when they don't know if you'll even be there in a year.

The #1 factor in all of this. So easy to recruit against him.

Reaction Score
The #1 factor in all of this. So easy to recruit against him.
I know, let's give him a contract extension! That will surely change everything!!!

Actually, I am OK with the AD lying his arse off and saying that UConn intends to stand behind KO at least through the end of his current contract. I would have no problem with him saying one thing and doing another if it benefits the program and the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom