Sierra Calhoun Down to 4 Schools | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sierra Calhoun Down to 4 Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've done some things with my feet on the floor......well we'll leave it at that.

MEYERS - why am I thinkin you've done some stuff standin on your head? (By the way, I dated a Miss America candidate from Holyoke.....was way back in time.....coulda been Grandma, I suppose.)

Reaction Score
In 2014-15 they will have 11 with Calhoun. (assuming the verbals become written commitments)
KML Banks Stokes
Tuck Stewart Jefferson
Chong
Ekmark Williams Edwards Calhoun (and maybe/hopefully Wilson Westbeld)

13 total - perfect. :)

We can only hope you are right!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I can't say she needs to hurry up... but others have her penciled in on the roster lol

Reaction Score
A list I think Tenn or UConn would be best bet to win a title.

Yeah, and a list of me or Lebron would be the best bet to win an NBA MVP award! Who in your list do you think is me? :p

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think that UConn may have a similar situation to Taya Reimer who was UConn's dream school, Geno told her to wait on her commitment and she found ND more appealing when it was all said and done. Obviously UConn has won recent National Championships and poised to win a couple of more over the next two or three years which would meet some of Sierra's requirements. Her brother being at UConn for two of her years could be an advantage or disadvantage depending on Sierra's point of view. Her family probably prefers she be at UConn with her brother, but is that what Sierra wants. You can bet ND & Tenn are saying come to our school, start right away and you will be the player that gets us a National Championship. Go to UConn and who knows when you will start as their roster is so deep with talent. Duke has a deep roster, so I'm sure they are stressing the Duke education and what a degree from Duke would get her and she would get Duke their first National Championship. All Schools are using the weak conference that UConn is in versus the SEC and ACC in an effort to sway her from UConn.

Obviously if she decides to attend UConn, her family could attend all home games and watch the rest of them on SNY which is probably available to them since they live in NY. That's a big advantage for UConn.

For a couple of years now, what I've read and heard, Sierra was a strong lean and almost a silent verbal to UConn. IMHO the longer she takes; which she should take as long as she needs; the more the chance Sierra decides to go elsewhere. Sierra is a tremendous talent and I hope she decides UConn is the place for her.
I don't think Taya Reimer was going to fit in Geno's system. She's a 6'2" big body that wants to play like a guard. Geno commented after he got back from seeing her last year about big girls that give no effort in trying to rebound. It was clear he wanted more from her or wanted to see her game mature - it didn't happen.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
MEYERS - why am I thinkin you've done some stuff standin on your head?
As they say never go to bed with someone with crazier then yourself.

(By the way, I dated a Miss America candidate from Holyoke.....was way back in time.....coulda been Grandma, I suppose.)
I dated a couple girls who watched the Miss America pageant.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yeah, and a list of me or Lebron would be the best bet to win an NBA MVP award! Who in your list do you think is me? :p
I don't watch the NBA. I can say that IF she did go to Tennessee. She would have a real talented roster. Massengale, Burdick, Harrison, Graves, Jones, Moore, Carter, Tucker, Reynolds, Russell, and Phillips that's a real good roster.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I don't watch the NBA. I can say that IF she did go to Tennessee. She would have a real talented roster. Massengale, Burdick, Harrison, Graves, Jones, Moore, Carter, Tucker, Reynolds, Russell, and Phillips that's a real good roster.
No, it's a mediocre roster.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Healthy, they are pretty good. But until the 2013-14 season is complete, you have no idea how Harrison, Carter and Tucker will do.

And after two years of underachieving who knows what the senior year will bring for Massengale and Burdick will bring. Potential? Sure. But Tennessee has had talented teams for the last several years and with un-TN results.

But I commend you for your year after year optimism in the face of these results.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's an Elite 8 roster.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Healthy, they are pretty good. But until the 2013-14 season is complete, you have no idea how Harrison, Carter and Tucker will do.

And after two years of underachieving who knows what the senior year will bring for Massengale and Burdick will bring. Potential? Sure. But Tennessee has had talented teams for the last several years and with un-TN results.

But I commend you for your year after year optimism in the face of these results.
A point about Tucker. She took her senior year off. She has been totally cleared by doctors. There have been some players with acl injuries have real good careers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think Taya Reimer was going to fit in Geno's system. She's a 6'2" big body that wants to play like a guard. Geno commented after he got back from seeing her last year about big girls that give no effort in trying to rebound. It was clear he wanted more from her or wanted to see her game mature - it didn't happen.

Did UCONN ever offer to Reimer? If so did he rescind his offer after watching her play?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
A point about Tucker. She took her senior year off. She has been totally cleared by doctors. There have been some players with acl injuries have real good careers.

See Odyssey Sims

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

This will be a VERY competitive team. Don't EVER underestimate your opponent.

Reaction Score
I definitely agree. The talent in this group seems much higher than the Glory Johnson group which were close to a final four. As much skepticism as some have about Mercedes, a number one ranked player and Gatorade player of the year, is most likely going to be an impact player. Add in all those all Americans plus a pretty proven great player in Graves, I think they will be national championship contenders from Mercedes' sophomore year.

I disagree. I think UT is FF for several years to come. They were very close this year.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Did UCONN ever offer to Reimer? If so did he rescind his offer after watching her play?

UConn did offer Reimer. In fact, a few posters on this board have said that Reimer wanted to commit soon after receiving an offer but that Geno wanted her to take more time. I have no information on the recruiting history, but Reimer ultimately chose ND over UConn and other schools. Although Geno may have been disappointed in some aspects of her game, I'm sure he would have gladly accepted a later commitment from Reimer.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
of course UConn backed off or rescinded his offer, as you called it ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I definitely agree. The talent in this group seems much higher than the Glory Johnson group which were close to a final four. As much skepticism as some have about Mercedes, a number one ranked player and Gatorade player of the year, is most likely going to be an impact player. Add in all those all Americans plus a pretty proven great player in Graves, I think they will be national championship contenders from Mercedes' sophomore year.

Much higher than the Glory Johnson group? I don't see it. And what all-Americans are you talking about?

If you mean HS AAs that doesn't mean much when predicting college performance.

Reaction Score
I agree with you DD. Glory Johnson's group underperformed terribly in their 4 years..... all 5 recruits were top 20..... they were supposed to be serious contenders for 4 NCs and they didn't even make a single Final Four...... I have seen highlights of Mercedes...... she is good..... but not a Stewie......

I don't see the LV coaching staff being close to our wonderful coaches..... no offense and not trying to start WW3, but I have not seen players in recent years really develop...... Why, Meaghan Simmons is going into her final year, starting at guard, and she STILL has issues with passing the ball and being a gunner too much, even though there has been a bit of an improvement..... Geno would have her on the bench in a hurry..... but TN accepts Meaghan's seeming lack of discipline..... I see the LVs as contenders, but not serious contenders to match up with Duke, Stanford, or us......

Of course I am biased, but I think our staff could work wonders with studs like Burdick and Graves...... In their defense, I think Holly did a pretty fair job last year.... I am glad they finally gave her the keys.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I actually think getting that team to the E8 last year was pretty solid. Beating Louisville would have been even more solid, but that's another story.

Tennessee has had a number of issues recently. One is that, even though they've recruited a lot of high school AAs, they haven't had a real game changer since Candace Parker. Could some of the kids they've gotten blossomed into that kind of player elsewhere? Tough to say, but they certainly haven't at Tennessee. Russell is a legit #1 national kid. I'm not sure she's a superstar, but she is going to be a fine player. She and Graves in particular will make a strong foundation to build on. Another issue was of course the turmoil of Pat's last four years. Moving on from that period can only help.

But yes, Uconn is in a position over the course of what would be Sierra's college career that no other program is.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you mean HS AAs that doesn't mean much when predicting college performance.
Welllll. There aren't too many College AAs that were not HS AAs. So while not always accurate, it's a pretty good indicator of talent. And I would say a good majority of them do pretty well in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom