Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somebody asked about Coach Chill and Sid said "Coach Chillious is my guy, even if I dont go to UConn thats my guy". Chill effect

That doesn't sound good at all.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It has just gotten weirder and weirder. My Dad, who is an amateur hoarder, is finally starting to clean up his madness. In the process he found a three-ring binder filled with recruiting info from 90-94. Cool stuff like Donyell, Rudy, KO, etc clippings through Ray, Sheffer, and ending with Rash and the immortal, Sam Funches. It was crazy going through seeing all of our "misses" and then realizing just how great our staff was. Also interesting reading about guys who you forgot all about. Does anyone remember that we scored a commitment from a JUCO PG named David Murray? Who then backed out and we took Cup Cormier instead? Of that KO was struggling to get his score so we were about to take another PG named Ron Johnson? Weird. The complete misinformation was pretty nice, too. Kirk(land) King was a prototypical 3 man according to his coach. Hmm...

UConn actually wanted Cormier first and had him set up to visit that March. Cormier cancelled the visit and cut UConn from his list. UConn moved onto Murray and (I think) Cory Jenkins.

Murray committed to UConn on his visit, but then got cold feet and signed with Wyoming without calling Calhoun. At around the same time, Cormier's favorite was Arkansas, but they took another guard before he committed - a few days later, Cormier and UConn got back together.

Reaction Score
Ehh I don't know I didnt really take it that way. He was PUMPED when someone asked about Chill. I got the feeling that he added in that last comment just because he's being cautious with his recruitment. Playing it close to the vest.

Reaction Score
He said that to not expose his hand. It was almost becoming obvious as to where he was going. Afterseeing those 2 instagram lives i'd be shocked if he didnt pick UConn. He damn near committed. If i was a st johns fan or texas fan i'd feel real bad about my chances after seeing that. He didnt even mention them

Reaction Score
He said that to not expose his hand. It was almost becoming obvious as to where he was going. Afterseeing those 2 instagram lives i'd be shocked if he didnt pick UConn. He damn near committed. If i was a st johns fan or texas fan i'd feel real bad about my chances after seeing that. He didnt even mention them
Yep I watched the entirety of both as well (electric night at my apartment) and I was getting the same vibe.

Reaction Score
He said that to not expose his hand. It was almost becoming obvious as to where he was going. Afterseeing those 2 instagram lives i'd be shocked if he didnt pick UConn. He damn near committed.
I'm not really getting the "teases"....commit or visit other schools, why the social media stuff. Between this and Waters I think I would last about 10 seconds as a college basketball recruiter before bashing my head into a wall.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I'm Chillious, every sentence out of my mouth these days is "noun, verb, Markelle Fultz."

then dot, dot, dot Isaiah Thomas. noun, verb, Markelle Fultz...Isaiah Thomas.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not really getting the "teases"....commit or visit other schools, why the social media stuff. Between this and Waters I think I would last about 10 seconds as a college basketball recruiter.

Gotta be 100% bloodhound these days.

Reaction Score

This must be in response to the video last night. He showed his hand and is walking it back now. I think we at least now know what his preference is. And the texas visit is may 30. So idk if the may 27 is a sign he isnt visiting texas or not

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope it's in response to the video (whatever that is) and not some UConn fans bugging him. Or I hope it IS Johnnie fans bugging him LOL

Reaction Score
The "video" is his instagram live last night(and jalen's) some interesting things were said that should have us feeling pretty good

Thanks yeah just read some stuff, poor kid either tipped his hand a little or got too excited about one option with guys he met, yet is still unsure. Or fighting the other side? Social media - yikes!

Reaction Score
Thanks yeah just read some stuff, poor kid either tipped his hand a little or got too excited about one option with guys he met, yet is still unsure. Or fighting the other side? Social media - yikes!
One of those things definitely happened lol. Interesting night

Reaction Score
upload_2017-5-18_11-26-14.png

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not getting my hopes up, but what a wild ride and turn of events it would be if we landed Wilson and Waters.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
The "video" is his instagram live last night(and jalen's) some interesting things were said that should have us feeling pretty good
What exactly happened in the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET