Sid Wilson | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
9a4bya.jpg

The original CV coming in hot for us on his Instagram!

I don't know the rules when it comes to shhh like this. Not sure if alumni doing this is OK. So mod Delete this if it isn't Kosher. I'm keeping it off Twitter.
As far as I know the school just can't sanction something like this. If alumni are acting alone and no money is being exchanged I think it's copacetic.

Reaction Score
As far as I know the school just can't sanction something like this. If alumni are acting alone and no money is being exchanged I think it's copacetic.
Well it's been up long enough that no matter what it's out there. The rules are so convoluted i.e. Cream cheese.

Strange how quick CV commented considering they don't follow each other.

Reaction Score
The guys he grew up playing with wishing him well does nothing for me. Seen that a million times. Means nothing.

Never seen an NBA alum get in on the action. That gets me tingly.

All hands on deck as Caron said. Ray worked well with Steve; maybe CV can get the ball rolling with Sid. Need this kid!

Reaction Score
Bear with me, but here's the current scenario: Kevin Knox is deciding tomorrow and by all accounts (247 Crystal Ball) is likely going to Duke. If he does not go to Duke, it is expected Duke would then pursue Jordan Tucker, who Syracuse & Georgia Tech are fighting neck and neck over. Tucker has apparently wanted a Duke offer all along (sound familiar?) and thus Cuse & Georgia Tech would then put more effort on Wilson if that offer ever came.

So Knox is going to Kentucky -- let's see if Duke does ends up pursuing Jordan Tucker. If this does happen, both Georgia Tech & Syracuse will stay in play with Wilson (one more team to beat out)

Reaction Score
What a terrible decision. He won't be getting as much playing time at UK. Then again, maybe that's what he wants.

?

UK is losing almost all of their impact players. He is now their highest rated recruit. He is going to play lots and lots of minutes. They have another SF coming in who is similarly ranked, but no one on the roster who would be above him on the depth chart. This sucks for Gabriel and Killeya-Jones, they are the ones who will have a tough time finding minutes playing behind Knox, Vanderbilt and Washington. I wouldn't be surprised to see either transfer and would now be surprised to see them land the Pitt transfer. They will be stacked at the forward positions but may be weak at the guard spots and center spots.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you that Calipari is crowing tonight - first time in a little while he has beaten out Coach K head-to-head for a guy they both really coveted. And on top of that, all of the Crystal Balls lately were going Duke's way.
87% Duke, 13% UNC and 0% Kentucky.

Good to see those "insiders" know what they are talking about - again.

I wonder if Coach K and his staff are getting skewered on the Dukie fan board tonight for losing out on one that was seemingly in the bag for months...

Reaction Score
I think he is slightly overrated. But my point is that Cal is probably going to have to do that Team A, Team B thing from a few years ago. 8 players in this 2017 class, I have to imagine he was selling the whole "Two starting fives, with less minutes for everyone, but a great team and good for NBA prep"

And Diallo is their highest rated recruit.

This kid would get playing time in the Eastern Conference Finals.
?

UK is losing almost all of their impact players. He is now their highest rated recruit. He is going to play lots and lots of minutes. They have another SF coming in who is similarly ranked, but no one on the roster who would be above him on the depth chart. This sucks for Gabriel and Killeya-Jones, they are the ones who will have a tough time finding minutes playing behind Knox, Vanderbilt and Washington. I wouldn't be surprised to see either transfer and would now be surprised to see them land the Pitt transfer. They will be stacked at the forward positions but may be weak at the guard spots and center spots.

Reaction Score
I think he is slightly overrated. But my point is that Cal is probably going to have to do that Team A, Team B thing from a few years ago. 8 players in this 2017 class, I have to imagine he was selling the whole "Two starting fives, with less minutes for everyone, but a great team and good for NBA prep"

And Diallo is their highest rated recruit.

If you have watched him and you think he is overrated, fair enough. I have never seen him play. And you are right on Diallo. He will likely stay in the draft, though. And I would be shocked if they go with the Team A and B deal. That roster was much better. They don't have the guards to go with 2 split squads.

Reaction Score
No, he definitely is not.

I'm curious how you can think Knox is overrated when you don't seem to have any idea what he's rated.

2017 Top Basketball Recruits

Diallo rated higher in both the Composite and Top247. Albeit the difference may be trivial, but I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I don't have any idea what he's rated.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
?

Gabriel and Jones shouldn't be and aren't surprised. Elsewhere they would have been team leaders, but they knew they were signing up to be elite role players for Cal. He recruits top 50 guys who aren't immediate NBA draft picks to mop the floors and carry the Gatorade every single year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Also I'm beginning to think the whole "make it seem like you have been leaning towards [popular team A], then last minute commit to [popular team B] and bask in the twitter and media shock. Generate a little more buzz for those LIKES.

Reaction Score
Gabriel and Jones shouldn't be and aren't surprised. Elsewhere they would have been team leaders, but they knew they were signing up to be elite role players for Cal. He recruits top 50 guys who aren't immediate NBA draft picks to mop the floors and carry the Gatorade every single year.

Agree for sure on Jones and most of the medium ranked 4 stars Cal pulls in. He got 2 more guards this year who fit the bill and will probably hope to get meaningful minutes as the become upperclassmen. Gabriel was ranked 14th, basically the same as the studs they brought in at his position this year. Maybe he can gain weight and play C. I think he was probably overrated and while touted as raw, is even more raw than imagined. I certainly don't feel bad for him or anyone else who gets recruited over, this is big boy basketball, I just don't think he envisioned this outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom