Sid Wilson visting Thursday | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson visting Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If the kid wanted to come here he would've. Maybe he's soaking in everything then he'll decide. I'm hoping waters decides to come here. I'm looking more to seeing our '18 class. A lot of studs we need/should get

Reaction Score
This is pretty simple stuff. UConn next year has a hell of a core of players. If even one of the unknowns comes good, we're going to be ok. I know I'm straining to find a silver lining here but it's great to go into a season for once without the delusional expectations of a final four. Am I happy with it? No. But next season will be a fascinating year. Five, ten years down the road - and I know every single one of the degenerates on this board will still be here - we'll either laugh at how distraught we were this offseason or we'll mark it as the beginning of the end for KO and the start of something new and inevitably great at UConn. We're not going to be irrelevant. We may not win a NC on the back of an otherwordly guard soon, but we'll make some noise shortly. I like what I see out of Wilson and Waters and if they come here success may happen sooner rather, but either way this is, at the very least, a fascinating time to be a fan - and the next best thing to knowing your team is going to be great every year is not knowing what you'll get but hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
This is pretty simple stuff. UConn next year has a hell of a core of players. If even one of the unknowns comes good, we're going to be ok. I know I'm straining to find a silver lining here but it's great to go into a season for once without the delusional expectations of a final four. Am I happy with it? No. But next season will be a fascinating year. Five, ten years down the road - and I know every single one of the degenerates on this board will still be here - we'll either laugh at how distraught we were this offseason or we'll mark it as the beginning of the end for KO and the start of something new and inevitably great at UConn. We're not going to be irrelevant. We may not win a NC on the back of an otherwordly guard soon, but we'll make some noise shortly. I like what I see out of Wilson and Waters and if they come here success may happen sooner rather, but either way this is, at the very least, a fascinating time to be a fan - and the next best thing to knowing your team is going to be great every year is not knowing what you'll get but hoping for the best.

Ah, you're a different kind of drunk than last night's poster :p

Reaction Score
It's insane how much our recruiting has suffered that Seton Hall, Providence, and St Johns are challenging and beating us for recruits now.

PS: Our coaching staff needs to do better.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
It's insane how much our recruiting has suffered that Seton Hall, Providence, and St Johns are challenging and beating us for recruits now.

It's aggravating but how much time does Cooley have at Providence. I mean, your career can't just be based on out recruiting Uconn and getting players they wanted. You would think that Providence would actually want him to start "winning" something with the talent they bring in.

pj

Reaction Score
It's aggravating but how much time does Cooley have at Providence. I mean, your career can't just be based on out recruiting UConn and getting players they wanted. You would think that Providence would actually want him to start "winning" something with the talent they bring in.

He's been to the NCAA tourney 4 straight years. That's pretty well. Think of how long JC struggled to reach a Final Four, it's hard to climb the ladder, but Cooley has done well to bring Providence as far as he is. When he started BC was a more highly regarded basketball program than Providence -- he's brought them to the #2 spot in New England and they are breathing down KO's neck, as seen in the MAL move.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Ya think?

Reaction Score
It's aggravating but how much time does Cooley have at Providence. I mean, your career can't just be based on out recruiting UConn and getting players they wanted. You would think that Providence would actually want him to start "winning" something with the talent they bring in.

There isn't a more tired trope in college sports than the "he hasn't won anything." It's a business first and foremost. Providence sucked for a long time before Cooley and ever since he has taken over interest in the program - and by extension, I imagine, the school - is way up. He has another team this year that should vie for the top 25 and between Diallo and MAL a back court that should keep them relevant for the foreseeable future.

There are 350 something teams in the country. If you're going to run a small private school like Providence with ultimatums that your coach "win something" (he won the BET in 2014, FWIW) then you are going to have a rough time. Providence would be clinically insane to consider moving on from him.

Reaction Score

I agree with a lot of this but shrug at the premise that this is some make or break season for the program. We're three years removed from winning a national championship.

To me, 2018 recruiting is more important. And yes, next years results will certainly influence recruiting, but with Chill being here and some of the staff having been overturned I'm hopeful that we'll have a longer leash.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree with a lot of this but shrug at the premise that this is some make or break season for the program. We're three years removed from winning a national championship.

To me, 2018 recruiting is more important. And yes, next years results will certainly influence recruiting, but with Chill being here and some of the staff having been overturned I'm hopeful that we'll have a longer leash.

Agree on 2018. I'm hoping for a good 2017 for myself, but not because the program is on the 'knife edge' of its demise.

As quickly as things can turn south, they are capable of reversing course. Sometimes, you need a few breaks. Lord knows JC caught a few over the years.

Reaction Score
Agree on 2018. I'm hoping for a good 2017 for myself, but not because the program is on the 'knife edge' of its demise.

As quickly as things can turn south, they are capable of reversing course. Sometimes, you need a few breaks. Lord knows JC caught a few over the years.
And one of those breaks might have us looking back at all the pessimism and criticisms this offseason as Waters under the bridge.

I'll see myself out now

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Does Sid and Tremont only have until Wednesday to commit and sign the LOI?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
no they can commit whenever and don't need to sign an LOI
Ok thanks that's what I thought, saw something on twitter about that

Reaction Score
I'm reluctantly going to bring this up.... most likely I'll regret bringing it up.. but I'm doing it anyway...

Sid removed St John's commit/St John emojis from his social media profiles. All pictures from announcement day are gone. Basically, anything St John's has been erased from his social. His latest insta story says "Just trying to right my wrongs." Lastly, DK just started following him again on instagram.

I really don't want to get people's hopes up. I really don't. So let's not over react. Chances are this all means nothing but it's definitely at least worth a "Hmmmm."

Reaction Score
I'm reluctantly going to bring this up.... most likely I'll regret bringing it up.. but I'm doing it anyway...

Sid removed St John's commit/St John emojis from his social media profiles. All pictures from announcement day are gone. Basically, anything St John's has been erased from his social. His latest insta story says "Just trying to right my wrongs." Lastly, DK just started following him again on instagram.

I really don't want to get people's hopes up. I really don't. So let's not over react. Chances are this all means nothing but it's definitely at least worth a "Hmmmm."
Well it at least means hes not going to St. Johns right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom