Sid Wilson visting Thursday | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson visting Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At some point in the presentation, I would slide a shoebox full of cash towards the recruit.

I hope the shoebox fill of cash comes long before the presentation or on campus visit. That should be reserved for "non cash" benefits....

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What would you do if he dumped it in his book bag and left without committing?

I bet that happens to schools more often than we think.

What are you gonna do, report him?

You'd be ratting yourself out.

Rumor I heard was heron did something similar to that to Pitt (Again I have no real source just a rumor I picked up reffing AAU ball last year).

C

Chief00

If you are trying to tell me that that was Glen Miller's sales pitch...I simply don't believe you.

Oh and tours of facilities. What's important to someone can be measured on what they spent the precious official visit time on. By spending his time on this stuff - that's what's important to him.
Now true, I agree the tour of facilities has some value and I am not saying Glen did it poorly. And of course the kid has to at least theoretically attend class - so schedules are necessary. But, neither differentiates the school from other schools.

Reaction Score
Anyone that feels positive about ANYTHING right now is taking a ton of antidepressants. I'm just hoping for the best.

Texas was on him early too. Shaka is obviously a threat. My gut tells me he wants to stay close to home but who knows?

I'd like to officially retract this statement. I'm feeling positive this afternoon. I think we're in very good shape here.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Oh and tours of facilities. What's important to someone can be measured on what they spent the precious official visit time on. By spending his time on this stuff - that's what's important to him.
Now true, I agree the tour of facilities has some value and I am not saying Glen did it poorly. And of course the kid has to at least theoretically attend class - so schedules are necessary. But, neither differentiates the school from other schools.

This post doesn't make sense. Someone calls you out and you completely back off or your original post. If you don't know something you don't need to BS. Sure you know some things but when you don't know something why don't you say so.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This post doesn't make sense. Someone calls you out and you completely back off or your original post. If you don't know something you don't need to BS. Sure you know some things but when you don't know something why don't you say so.

Not only that, but tours of the facilities are one of the most important part of the trip. I mean, UCONN just spent many millions on the damn things for that very reason.

Reaction Score
Not only that, but tours of the facilities are one of the most important part of the trip. I mean, UConn just spent many millions on the damn things for that very reason.
I never got the facilities tour hate. I know most men's basketball players looking to go to UConn don't prioritize their education, so I always understood that part of the shtick, but they care where they play and work out. We have an incredible practice facility and a historic, soon to be sort of renovated arena. Kids care about those things.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Facilities don't differentiate schools????
I really hope you don't mean that
If you do, there is little hope for you!!!!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not only that, but tours of the facilities are one of the most important part of the trip. I mean, UConn just spent many millions on the damn things for that very reason.

Insane...Miller was great at the tours, not only talking about the facility but talking about memories around certain things. In the men's locker room in gampel there are chairs from some of the final fours they've been to.

Reaction Score
Man, now we got a 3* Georgia Tech commit talking ish about UConn

This is fairly emblematic about the state of our program and our recruiting. This is what today's 18 year olds think about UConn.

Reaction Score
This is fairly emblematic about the state of our program and our recruiting. This is what today's 18 year olds think about UConn.
Well GT made his final 6 so he's definitely being biased and throwing some negative recruiting our way, but everyone knows Haywood and his family probably would've cried tears of joy if UConn ever offered him, even in a down year.

Some thought Vital was a reach at the time he committed and he was still far more highly regarded than Haywood, who was c/o 2016 at the time.

Reaction Score
Personally I look forward to us abusing this kid when he ends up at Tulsa in 2 years

Reaction Score

Just a bi-curious GT fan being jealous of all of the rings he doesn't have.

Reaction Score
Bunkey is gone (and would be gone by this point regardless of what his bro did) and Miller was fired. If you're going to beat us over the head with your "connected" condescension schtick, can you please at least update the references to something current? Maybe you can say that Chill makes them bus their own dishes at dinner and that is why we aren't hauling in top five guys.

Reaction Score

Oh spare me with your melodrama. Because one kid no one on this board has heard of "tweeted" something it's a proxy for what 18 year olds think? You're just like freescooter, your unrelenting nonsense just blends in a little more these days because collective morale is so low.

Reaction Score
I'd like to officially retract this statement. I'm feeling positive this afternoon. I think we're in very good shape here.

I like your positive attitude but I wouldn't hold your breath. We made a lot of ground up but I think he was the kind of kid that if we didn't get a verbal on the visit, game over from what I hear

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Unknown.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member