Should Mensah start over Hopkins/Newsome??? | The Boneyard

Should Mensah start over Hopkins/Newsome???

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
These two first games seem to be destine to push Diaco's non performers out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can we stop overvaluing garbage time? When the game was still undecided no one could run the ball. Let's use that as the takeaway, instead of two runs by the last guy on the depth chart against the prevent defense.

Reaction Score
Can we stop overvaluing garbage time? When the game was still undecided no one could run the ball. Let's use that as the takeaway, instead of two runs by the last guy on the depth chart against the prevent defense.

What does garbage time matter or not? The point is Mensah looks to have some explosiveness to him athletically that Arkeel lacks.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'll go as far as to say that Mensah is clearly going to be a big time icon in college football.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'll go as far as to say that Mensah is clearly going to be a big time icon in college football.

And I hope he has a fantastic career at UConn, no doubt about it.

But can we wait until a running back gets more than 50 yards in a game before we anoint him the new starter? Just saying...

Reaction Score
IMG_0957.JPG

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter who starts. What is important is how you use the backs. Personally, I believe the thumper, the big guy, is the best option to begin a game. Wear down a defense a little. It makes the little guys an increase in speed and quickness.

But the kid has earned some carries for sure.

Reaction Score
Newsome's been our best offensive player the last 2 years (behind a horrific OL), but yeah, let's bash him after 2 unproductive games in a new system.
The o-line is awful. If he is the playmakers that people say he is, he would make things happen. He hasn't.

Reaction Score
Newsome was the top recruit only a few years ago. It shows the dangers of touting recruits. They are all good in high school but how they perform on the next level is a completely different story.

Reaction Score
Newsome was the top recruit only a few years ago. It shows the dangers of touting recruits. They are all good in high school but how they perform on the next level is a completely different story.

Donald Brown would have wished he went to another school if he had to run behind the OL we've had for the last 4 years. (Feel bad the OL had to deal with so many incompetent coaches)

Newsome made a bad choice coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
I think that Newsome needs to be used much more on short to intermediate length passes, as he is so good in the open field.

I agree with that - get him the ball in space and he can rip off some big yards. So far in this offense he doesn't look like he knows what to do after the handoff.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yet Randy runs him up the gut. Silly. Pass back, swing pass only. Please

Reaction Score
I know it's a little bit gimmicky, but I'd like to see a little bit more of the wildcat with DW receiving the snap, BS out wide, and Arkeel in motion. There are a lot of possibilities there that the defense would have to account for.
Seriously???? Aren't there enough QBs playing WR on this team???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom