Should Azzi Start over Caroline? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Should Azzi Start over Caroline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan - So what does that mean? Do you seriously think he's not going to start Paige if & when she's healthy?
If you don’t bold the name, you should be able to tag someone with our software. @NU2BY Start typing the @ then a few letters of the handle and the option of posters’ names should come up

Of course, Paige, but she should be back before then. But whatever lineup Geno uses in the preseason he will most likely stick with in the postseason, barring injury or illness

sun

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that Carol will continue scoring at such a torrid pace.
As the team has matured, others are beginning to step up which may impact how many shots Carol takes.
There will probably be player pairings that come in & out of the games to compensate for other scorers who are all key pieces.
Azzi & Carol have slightly different skill sets that do overlap, but Azzi seems to shoot better from the outside and Carol seems to have some better inside moves.
They complement each other and the whole team has the same goal.
Since they're not adversaries, the fans shouldn't be either.
Azzi has a lot of international experience playing with Team USA which shouldn't be held against her just because she sustained a nuisance injury.
Azzi needs more PT to get fine tuned, and Geno was also part of the Olympic circuit so he knows all about Azzi's skills and is sympathetic towards those selected.
And that's why he probably favored her from the beginning, along with what happens in practice and what he sees on the court during games.
Plus he listens to advice from his staff.
Not every player can become an All American, but Geno will help both of them try to become one.
The rest is up to fate.

Last edited:

MrT

Reaction Score
I disagree Azzi can shoot , but she should not start Caroline and Nika are stoppers. They are needed in the beginning of games to shut these other teams down, Azzi just is not close to either one at defense. It should be Paige , Caroline ,Nike , Christyn and ONO to start and the others of the bench when the game slows down, this is a better balance. The teams with more than one big post player has to be dealt with differently, but we have the players to handle them. Defense first, stop there minds , then take it to them offensively . Paige is the last cog to fit in the machine. go get them UCONN.

Reaction Score
If you don’t bold the name, you should be able to tag someone with our software. @NU2BY Start typing the @ then a few letters of the handle and the option of posters’ names should come up

Of course, Paige, but she should be back before then. But whatever lineup Geno uses in the preseason he will most likely stick with in the postseason, barring injury or illness
Thanks for the tip, but I liked bolding the name. However, I now see why I shouldn't. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Wow. This is extremely rude...

Here you use a very specific stat that suits your opinion but...
...you say this a couple posts later. "Hi Kettle? This is Ag, you're black"

Reaction Score
Since you're throwing percentages around, you must be aware that Caroline's 2pt shot is 14% more accurate than Azzi's? That their overall field goal success rate is only 3.5% different? That Caroline has a 25% higher assist rate than Azzi(involve other players)? A 2.1% better FT completion than Azzi's ridiculous 80%? A 30% higher rebound rate?

It's not measurable, but I think, at this point in their college careers, Caroline is a slightly better defender man-to-man.

Points ain't nearly everything and it's not a slam dunk which of these two very talented players contribution would be more valuable against a specific opponent.

But if points are everything to you, Azzi's points per minute rate is 88% of Caroline's. (.436 vs .495)
Good stuff. Do you have an ETA of the stats spreadsheet post UT?

Reaction Score
Since you're throwing percentages around, you must be aware that Caroline's 2pt shot is 14% more accurate than Azzi's? That their overall field goal success rate is only 3.5% different? That Caroline has a 25% higher assist rate than Azzi(involve other players)? A 2.1% better FT completion than Azzi's ridiculous 80%? A 30% higher rebound rate?

It's not measurable, but I think, at this point in their college careers, Caroline is a slightly better defender man-to-man.

Points ain't nearly everything and it's not a slam dunk which of these two very talented players contribution would be more valuable against a specific opponent.

But if points are everything to you, Azzi's points per minute rate is 88% of Caroline's. (.436 vs .495)

I see it's already updated....Thanks!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do you know the difference between an opinion and a fact? You stated your opinion that that Azzi is a better player but “we” don’t all know that.

Stats are a wast of time and worthless? Only because you don’t like them. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This won’t happen but I would use Paige as the PG with both AZZI and CD. Paige can penetrate, score and pass. Either Azzi or CD can score. CW, EW, Nika off the bench if defense becomes an issue.

Reaction Score
I would start Liv, Dorka, Caroline, Paige, and Azzi if they all were healthy to this point. However, I would bring Paige and Azzi off the bench at least through the end of the regular season, maybe into the sweet 16. This would be my five to end a close gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom