Shonn Miller | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My vision is Hamilton flashing to the FT line and having Brimah and Miller on the baseline awaiting the tear drop alley oop.

Hampton flashing to the line with the catch and shoot, a one dribble floater lay up or an alley oop to either side if the defense cheats up.

This gets at what I see as the key. The 3 pointer thing is kind of a red herring. We have a point forward in Hamilton. DHam will get to the key.

What we need to maximize our offensive efficiency is for Miller to play really well off of Hamilton. That may mean spacing himself out and knocking down the open 10-12 footer, or it may mean crashing for the oop or offensive board. The chemistry between those two guys will be crucial.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This gets at what I see as the key. The 3 pointer thing is kind of a red herring. We have a point forward in Hamilton. DHam will get to the key.

What we need to maximize our offensive efficiency is for Miller to play really well off of Hamilton. That may mean spacing himself out and knocking down the open 10-12 footer, or it may mean crashing for the oop or offensive board. The chemistry between those two guys will be crucial.

I agree that DHam could be the guy to flash to the center of the zone, but it is often the 4 man who is in that role, with 3 players mostly on the perimeter. With Daniel and Shonn, KO could have them switch off and be harder to defend that way. Will be interesting if we face SU to see how our guys attack a zone. UConn's ability to play in different ways is so much better than last year that it is exciting to imagine.

Reaction Score
Miller at the 4 needs to be a threat from the perimeter for our offensive spacing to work.

You saw what happened last year when we got nothing from the 4 or, longer ago, when we had two paint-bound bigs at the 4 and 5.
Perimeter = 17 footer like Charles Oakley. That's what we need from Miller.

Reaction Score
Hey guys I heard that Miller just sank a balled up piece of paper into a trashcan 25 feet away, he's gonna be fine

Reaction Score
Miller at the 4 needs to be a threat from the perimeter for our offensive spacing to work.

You saw what happened last year when we got nothing from the 4 or, longer ago, when we had two paint-bound bigs at the 4 and 5.

Those dark days of Thabeet and Adrien in the paint. That team only got to the final four... dark days.

Reaction Score
I'm almost positive he's talking about Drummond and Oriakhi.

It's still silly. We've utilized that alignment to tremendous success in the past. That Drummond and Oriakhi couldn't co-exist doesn't mean the tactic can't work.

Reaction Score
I'm almost positive he's talking about Drummond and Oriakhi.
I know that, however the point was that overall, we need a stretch four because two purely post players is bad for the offense and I'm pointing out what that's a less than intelligent thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom