OT: - Shellfish | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Shellfish

Reaction Score
I'm really picky about my seafood but Stop & Shop had an insane deal on Stonington scallops several weeks ago that were incredible. My wife bought a few large containers of them and froze them in several freezer sandwich bags. We're still eating them and they are still incredibly good.

Little OT here but I know you know the Mist, look who was there Saturday night as well as the Pub:

Murray Mist.jpg

Reaction Score
especially the Arctic Char.

recently tried arctic char in iceland it's now my favorite fish. tastes like a cross between salmon and trout.

Reaction Score
I ate more shellfish the past week than I have in the previous 2 years. Oysters on the half shell by the dozen in each sitting, same for raw clams, buckets of mussels, fried whole bellies, and my favorite- many buckets of piss clams.

I absolutely love shellfish, especially when I'm not paying.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Little OT here but I know you know the Mist, look who was there Saturday night as well as the Pub:

View attachment 45576
Very cool! Is that your pic? Did you meet him? Any idea what he was doing in the area?

recently tried arctic char in iceland it's now my favorite fish. tastes like a cross between salmon and trout.
Yeah it’s pretty much the perfect fish for me. Have had it twice at the Oyster Bar and a few times at Union League in New Haven. Always been excellent.

Reaction Score
Very cool! Is that your pic? Did you meet him? Any idea what he was doing in the area?

Yeah it’s pretty much the perfect fish for me. Have had it twice at the Oyster Bar and a few times at Union League in New Haven. Always been excellent.

Roia had an Arctic Char special on Wednesday night that was outstanding. Avi is a $*#(ing genius, by the way.

Reaction Score
Roia had an Arctic Char special on Wednesday night that was outstanding. Avi is a $*#(ing genius, by the way.
So glad to hear that. I worked on Roia for a while during the planning stage. Avi is a super nice guy!

ECU

Reaction Score
I’m allergic. This whole thread has me in hives.

Me too, I developed the alergy 2 years ago. Man I miss it, used to eat shrimp and oysters once every week. Lucky people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom